Texas Hunting Forum

Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........

Posted By: skinnerback

Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/06/23 03:17 AM

But my youngster's & I had fun cooking and making some room in the freezers.

Fried backstrap & fried turkey breast that they killed and helped cook.......with rice & beans.

Homemade smoked deer sausage that we made together in our smoke house in a tomato gravy (mild for kids).

Fried snapper tails & blackened snapper that we caught, & blackened yellowfin tuna.

Lots of Blue Bell to fill in the cracks.

Thank you Lord for the gift of life, and thank you to the few good people I know that have invited me and my kids to come hunt, and the men that have your back when you're down. The little things, like throwing corn in a feeder because they know you're good for it. Thank you.

Life is good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: bp3

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/06/23 03:38 AM

food Looks great Skinner and great to teach the young ones how to cook
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/06/23 10:31 AM

You can’t beat that!!
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/06/23 10:47 AM

That's hard to beat cooking with the kids and good eats too. food
Posted By: 1955

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/07/23 02:29 PM

That’s just awesome ! up
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/08/23 12:39 AM

Oh yeah! I bet those redfish tails are awesome!

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/08/23 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by bobcat1

Hey Sir, whenever you are able to hug your Grandson....give him a very gentle extra squeeze from me.

Life is good.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/08/23 01:06 AM

I’d say you had a better time not huntin! up
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/08/23 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by bobcat1

Hey Sir, whenever you are able to hug your Grandson....give him a very gentle extra squeeze from me.

Life is good.

You got it Bud!
Posted By: PROLINE19

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/08/23 07:44 PM

Kiddo time is the best Time. enjoy as much as you can.
Posted By: txh

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/09/23 04:24 AM

Great stuff!
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/10/23 01:44 AM

Good stuff Skinner, those kids are grinnin' for good reason!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/10/23 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Paluxy
Good stuff Skinner, those kids are grinnin' for good reason!
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/13/23 09:04 PM

Life is good indeed! Awesome stuff there. up
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/13/23 09:18 PM

Now, you just need to teach them about the part where you have to clean everything up afterwards. smile ani
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/13/23 09:28 PM

I can attest, they know how to clean. And, that little girl, if she didn't have to go to school, could be a sous chef, like, tomorrow. I kid you not.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/13/23 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I can attest, they know how to clean. And, that little girl, if she didn't have to go to school, could be a sous chef, like, tomorrow. I kid you not.

Well then.................Bless their heart. Someone did a good job of raising them then. Encourage her to keep on keeping on with those cooking skills. Not many kids like that now days. salute

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/14/23 12:54 AM

Thanks fellas. We love hunting, fishing, and kitchen time. cheers
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Not able to hunt opening weekend of rifle this year........ - 11/16/23 06:35 PM

Man, the food looks great and spending time with your kids is better than anything else, including hunting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum