Texas Hunting Forum

No Accounting for Taste!!

Posted By: Blank

No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/12/23 01:07 AM

There is nothing on this green Earth that will make my wife squint her eyes, and wrinkle up her nose like sauerkraut!! She could lay out on the caprock dying, with a bratwurst or a Reuben right next to her, and she'd plumb starve to death before touching either!!! Sometimes it's nice when she and the daughter take a trip.

Half a pound of deli pastrami, doubled up on the Swiss, 'kraut, and home-made horseradish Thousand Island sauce.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 218 Bee

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/12/23 01:30 AM

This squarehead was raised on sauerkraut…and a pastrami Rueben is hard to beat. Well done!
Posted By: bp3

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/12/23 02:23 AM

food
Posted By: 1955

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/12/23 02:28 AM

Yes sir , Yum ! food
Posted By: kmon11

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/12/23 03:09 AM

The wife said thank you for posting, her favorite sandwich is a good Ruben
Posted By: TPACK

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/12/23 11:33 AM

OMG, that is a beautiful looking sandwich. A Ruben is my favorite sandwich by far. I made some homemade sauerkraut twice last year and surprised at how easy it was and it turned out great. Fermented for a month and still had a good crunch and not to sour.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GHale

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/12/23 12:15 PM

Great looking Rueben! They are one of my favorites and hard to beat! My wife likes sauerkraut too so it is a big hit here!!
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/12/23 07:35 PM

That sammich looks awesome Blank. cheers
Posted By: texasag93

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/12/23 10:54 PM

Nice!

My wife has the same opinion about kraut.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/12/23 11:03 PM

I can go everything but the horseradish Thousand Island sauce. I have tried to like horseradish, but just can't do it.
I do love me some homemade sauerkraut.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/13/23 11:41 PM

It don't git no better!
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/14/23 05:04 PM

I need 1 of those in my life again, looks delicious. Gonna have to find out the recipe on the sauce for it.
Posted By: Blank

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/14/23 05:41 PM

We don't use much thousand Island dressing for salads, so it doesn't pay to buy a bottle and keep in the fridge forever. Simply mix up some ketchup, mayo, sweet relish, dash of worchesterdhire, and bit of horseradish to taste. Tastes better to me, and I can have it fresh whenever I want!!
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/14/23 05:48 PM

Thanks, I'll have to whip up some. Can't remember last time we've had thousand island dressing at our house.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/23/23 02:27 PM

Growing up my dad would open a can of sauerkraut at dinner and we all would tell him NO and that he could eat it once we left. I wouldn't eat the stuff then however as I aged I really like it I guess it just took a while for my German and Slovick genes to kick in.
Posted By: Stub

Re: No Accounting for Taste!! - 08/26/23 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by 1955
Yes sir , Yum ! food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum