Texas Hunting Forum

My grinder died need recomendations

Posted By: TxCookin

My grinder died need recomendations - 07/24/21 06:21 AM

Well, my Rival grinder just ate a gear while chewing on some chuck steak, so I am going to need a new one.
I process maybe two or three deer a year maybe some hog meat, and 40-50 lbs a year of beef/pork. there is only me and the wife.)
So I am looking for a new grinder, that wont set me back a huge chunk of change.
I figure maybe 200.00 - 250.00 bucks. I know there are some fabulous grinders out there for 400 to 500 bucks, buts that's kinda out of my budget range, so I am looking for recommendations for a solid grinder with metal gears that will get the job done. Any ideas folks?
Posted By: RevolverFan

Re: My grinder died need recomendations - 07/24/21 08:15 PM

Ive heard good things about the harbor freight one and with warranty you can replace any time for free for a few extra bucks. Still way under 100
Posted By: djs303

Re: My grinder died need recomendations - 07/24/21 09:42 PM

Cabela's Pro Series DC Meat Grinder is priced around $200.00. I dont have one but it looks like a nice little unit with a 1/2 hp motor and I believe its made by Weston. My advice would be to get the biggest and most powerful that you can afford. I bought a Cabela's commercial grade grinder about 10 years ago and its still going strong and I grind about 500 lbs of meat a year.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: My grinder died need recomendations - 07/24/21 09:56 PM

We have a LEM meat grinder, does great on deer.... I don't recall the specific model off hand, ill have to look.
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: My grinder died need recomendations - 07/25/21 01:05 AM

The Oster ones do well for the money had one that lasted for years. But if you want to buy one and never have to worry get the LEM
Posted By: cm250

Re: My grinder died need recomendations - 07/25/21 10:44 AM

Have a LEM as well. Had it for about six years now with no issues. Well built and easy to clean.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum