Texas Hunting Forum

wild hog tenderloin

Posted By: HuskerB

wild hog tenderloin - 12/22/17 03:19 PM

Put a big sow down last weekend and I'm looking for tenderloin recipes for the grill or smoker. What says the THF?
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 12/22/17 03:21 PM

we butterflied two last week and slathered the inside with a cream cheese, pineapple, jalapeno mix and wrapped them back up and smoked em to 145 - hard to spit out
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 12/22/17 03:30 PM

I've wrapped them in bacon, pierced and stuffed in several places with garlic. Coat entire thing with a good pork rub. Monitor your meat temperature for sure.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 12/22/17 05:35 PM

Dust with Fiesta Fajita seasoning, or Montreal Steak Seasoning. Uncle Chris' is good too. Drop in zip lock. Add just a little Dale's marinade and a little Worchestershire. Shake/rub and refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight. Throw on smoker or grill. If you like a little sweet you can glaze with melted strawberry preserves at the end. up
Posted By: Scottishredneck

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 12/30/17 04:33 AM

Cooked this the other week, with backstrap, guess T-loin would work as well smile

End result was ..... outstanding, to say the least

https://mycrazygoodlife.com/crock-pot-pork-carnitas-recipe/
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 01/12/18 11:58 PM

Split it but not all the way through and fill it with cream cheese and jalapeņo slices with a little slice of cheese of your preference and wrap completely with bacon and smoke on the grill. grill
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 01/13/18 01:28 PM

Post pics of it when you cook it....
Posted By: Stub

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 01/13/18 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Post pics of it when you cook it....

And how you prepped it up
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 01/17/18 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Thundervee
Split it but not all the way through and fill it with cream cheese and jalapeņo slices with a little slice of cheese of your preference and wrap completely with bacon and smoke on the grill. grill

^^^This. Start your fire with mesquite if available until you have coals then add some pecan wood or hulls to finish cooking.
Posted By: Exiled

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 01/17/18 08:30 PM

Marinade it in a mixture of pineapple juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, a little sesame oil, salt, pepper and a fresh Serrano pepper thinly sliced. A few hours works, overnight is better. Grill it over coal, searing it on all sides and making sure you don't overcook (no fat on tenderloins, so easy to do if you're not paying attention). Pull it off, let it rest 5 minutes, then slice it up thin and serve it over crunchy Asian slaw (HEB sells it in a kit) in a warm grilled tortilla.
Posted By: Texasteach

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 01/17/18 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Exiled
Marinade it in a mixture of pineapple juice, soy sauce, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, a little sesame oil, salt, pepper and a fresh Serrano pepper thinly sliced. A few hours works, overnight is better. Grill it over coal, searing it on all sides and making sure you don't overcook (no fat on tenderloins, so easy to do if you're not paying attention). Pull it off, let it rest 5 minutes, then slice it up thin and serve it over crunchy Asian slaw (HEB sells it in a kit) in a warm grilled tortilla.

This one sounds really good...
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 01/22/18 12:26 PM

I prefer things a little more simple without all the extra ingredients. Just a simple sprinkling of a good rub, and wrapped in bacon. Baked in oven and sliced thin after done.

Sorry, I guess pic's won't post
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 01/27/18 04:59 PM

Brine it for 24 hours, warp in bacon and smoke until you reach desired internal temp.
Posted By: Dink Dodger

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 01/27/18 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Texasteach

It sure does! Gonna have to give it a try.

I've done similar with pork chops
1/2C Orange juice
1/2C Ginger Ale
1 Clove Minced Garlic
Chopped Jalapenos
Chopped Fresh Rosemary
Marinate overnight. Salt and pepper, grill over pecan wood
Posted By: jab3006

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 01/31/18 02:29 AM

Split, take boudain, remove caseing, stuff loin wrap in bacon, grill or smoke. Very good!!
Posted By: greenen

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 02/23/18 07:10 PM

Not a grill or smoker recipe but this is dang good.

Pork Wellington
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 02/23/18 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: greenen

Pork Wellington

Sounds great.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 02/23/18 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: greenen

Pork Wellington

Alton Brown rarely will steer you in the wrong direction.
Posted By: greenen

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 02/23/18 11:23 PM

It's pretty good. We had it last night and put some dried cranberries in with the dried apples. Thinking a little homemade bacon inside next time. The thyme is really good in it.
Posted By: KC

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 02/24/18 02:13 AM

Brine 24 hours. Cut into 6" chunks, throw on smoker rolling good heavy smoke for about 3-4 hrs. Put in crockpot with a can of Mexican chipotle sauce (the little metal can at Wal-Mart for 79 cents). Cook on high for 3-4 more hours. Shred meat into juices.
Posted By: Dupi

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 02/28/18 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Texasteach

Might try this one with regular Costco pork since I got most of the ingredients
Posted By: PMK

Re: wild hog tenderloin - 02/28/18 02:42 PM

about a week ago, my wife wanted me to fix a couple of pork loins but didn't want them smoked. I did a little research and formulated a quick and easy recipe. I took two pork loins, about 2.5 lbs total weight, dumped them in a gallon zip lock bag, added black pepper, garlic and onion powder, a little rosemary & thyme, a couple dashes of chili powder and about 1/2 can of Dr. Pepper (I normally use root beer). Squish it around to get everything evenly coated and put in refrigerator for a couple hours. Put a little oil in a cast iron skillet to lightly cover the bottom, pop in the oven and preheated the oven to 425. Took the pork loins out of marinade and placed on a cookie sheet, dusted with Bill's Season All (could use Fiesta Fajita seasoning, or your favorite seasoning). Placed loins in 425 skillet and put back in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn oven down to 400 degrees and insert meat thermometer. When the internal temperature hit 150 (about 20 minutes), removed from oven and let set for 15-20 minutes (internal temperature rose to 160+) to rest and re-absorb juices. Came out great.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum