Texas Hunting Forum

Venison Fajitas

Posted By: Yellowhammer

Venison Fajitas - 12/29/12 06:50 PM

A crowd favorite.

I use deer steaks that I have tenderized. First, I marinate in teriyaki seasoning that I get at Brookshire Bros for several hours or overnight.

Then I coat both sides with Fiesta Fajita Seasoning that I get at Sam's in the big container.

Then I place on my grill and cook at 200-250 for about 30-40 minutes. The key is not to over cook. It will still be good, but dry. Cook medium rare, and people who say they don't like deer meat won't believe you when you tell them what it is.
Posted By: Lordofwar85

Re: Venison Fajitas - 01/18/13 04:39 PM

Nice, I will have to try this one. Thanks!
Posted By: BowfishNinja

Re: Venison Fajitas - 01/19/13 01:25 AM

Sounds great!
Posted By: PMK

Re: Venison Fajitas - 01/21/13 07:33 PM

my entire family has grown to love venison fajitas. I take tenderized steaks, put in a gallon zip lock back, pour in HEB brand thick zesty Italian dressing, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a touch of cumin ... squeeze the air out and zip closed, marinade a couple of hours (or overnight is better), pitch in the smoker for 30-45 minutes with heavy smoke, then take to hot part of the pit for a few minutes each side (should still be somewhat wet with marinade) medium rare to medium (wife won't do bloody). perfect everytime!
Posted By: dbzell

Re: Venison Fajitas - 01/21/13 10:19 PM

Sounds good!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum