Texas Hunting Forum

Spaghetti Squash

Posted By: tx357

Spaghetti Squash - 12/05/12 09:00 PM

Anyone else eat this stuff? The Wife and I tried it a few months ago when on the low-carb diet and we haven't made regular spaghetti since. The strands are flexible like spaghetti but slightly crunchy. Flavor is like most squash but very subdued and slightly sweet. Having it tonight with scratch made wild hog spaghetti sauce. It's really good topped with chili too.

STOCK PHOTO
Posted By: lharrell79

Re: Spaghetti Squash - 12/06/12 01:01 AM

Yep, my wife makes it all the time. She made some last week with grilled pork on top. The only problem is, it gives me some fierce stinkers.
Posted By: Ringer1

Re: Spaghetti Squash - 12/06/12 03:26 AM

My wife makes it too. Mixes in pesto. It's awesome.
Posted By: moderno

Re: Spaghetti Squash - 12/06/12 12:28 PM

My wife made that once, I told her no mas! I didn't like it, but I do like squash
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Spaghetti Squash - 12/07/12 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: lharrell79
Yep, my wife makes it all the time. She made some last week with grilled pork on top. The only problem is, it gives me some fierce stinkers.
Sign me up!
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Spaghetti Squash - 12/07/12 02:05 PM

good stuff. even with just butter,salt,and pepper
Posted By: Hooligan

Re: Spaghetti Squash - 12/07/12 05:56 PM

I like it with a little olive oil and honey and some pepper
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Spaghetti Squash - 12/07/12 06:10 PM

I tried some from my neighbor's garden a few years ago. It was fine, but I wouldn't buy it at the store, but there several things I will eat from the garden and never buy. I don't remember ever buying squash, turnips or mustards. I just cooked some turnips from my garden and they were delicious.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum