Texas Hunting Forum

Venison Roast

Posted By: ATX Hunter

Venison Roast - 01/09/12 04:30 PM

I made a roast the other night and it turned out amazing so I thought I would share. It was from the hind quarter that I had soaked in buttermilk for 8hrs and I seared it in a pan on both sides after seasoning it with Tony's. Then in a large pot on low I cooked it in 2 cans of beef broth, 1 cup of water, 1 bottle of shiner bock, 1 white onion, a garlic bulb, 2 packs of lipton onion and mushroom mix, and 1 can of cream of mushroom. Cooked for 3.5hrs and I couldn't pick it up with a fork it was so tender. Then, using butter, flour, and the remaining broth/reux, it made the best gravy ever. Its worth giving a try.

Posted By: Don Dial

Re: Venison Roast - 01/09/12 06:53 PM

That'll work..If you want to try something different..put one
in a zip lock w/John The Greek Original Salad Dressing and let
it soak in the frig at least 12 hrs..Roast in oven or on a pit..
to rare and outside blistered..It is really unusual..makes great
sandwiches later also..DD

Posted By: ATX Hunter

Re: Venison Roast - 01/09/12 09:01 PM

Thanks for the idea!

Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Venison Roast - 01/09/12 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: ATX Hunter
I made a roast the other night and it turned out amazing so I thought I would share. It was from the hind quarter that I had soaked in buttermilk for 8hrs and I seared it in a pan on both sides after seasoning it with Tony's. Then in a large pot on low I cooked it in 2 cans of beef broth, 1 cup of water, 1 bottle of shiner bock, 1 white onion, a garlic bulb, 2 packs of lipton onion and mushroom mix, and 1 can of cream of mushroom. Cooked for 3.5hrs and I couldn't pick it up with a fork it was so tender. Then, using butter, flour, and the remaining broth/reux, it made the best gravy ever. Its worth giving a try.

I did this exact same thing a few weeks ago and it was great

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum