Texas Hunting Forum

Axis VS Fallow meat

Posted By: cynikaltracker

Axis VS Fallow meat - 07/20/10 09:39 PM

Not sure if this should have been put under exotics or here, but for those who have tried them, do you prefer Axis or Fallow meat? I have never tried either, but have been told Axis is the best venison you can get your hands on. Just wondering what you all think.

Posted By: prohunter2011

Re: Axis VS Fallow meat - 07/21/10 12:20 AM

the are both great if you ask me.

Posted By: dawaba

Re: Axis VS Fallow meat - 07/21/10 01:51 AM

I like both, but axis wins by a nose. Both put our native whitetail to shame, IMO. I consider axis, moose, and bison to be at the top for North American eating.

But a Dall sheep backstrap cooked at 3 a.m. in the morning after a tough shot at dusk and a long backpack down a sheer mountain in total darkness and then into spikecamp.....well, PRICELESS!

Posted By: love texas hogs

Re: Axis VS Fallow meat - 07/23/10 03:14 AM

Both are a very good meat if prepared properly but if i had to choose I would go with the fallow cant really explain just seems to have a better texture and taste. As much as I love deer meat I would have to agree that both beat the taste of white tail.

Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Axis VS Fallow meat - 07/26/10 02:43 PM

I'd have to go with the Axis... Love elk too. They all beat whitetail, but who's complaining? ;-)

Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Axis VS Fallow meat - 08/03/10 01:47 AM

i'm going with axis as well........but i would NEVER turn down a meal of fallow either.......

Posted By: 30378

Re: Axis VS Fallow meat - 08/03/10 01:53 AM

Axis is better than Fallow. Elk is my favorite.

Posted By: crazyal

Re: Axis VS Fallow meat - 08/06/10 01:02 AM

I have only eaten the meat from theh fallow I shot in January and it beats the axis meat that I have eaten from a couple of different animals but axis is still awesome then again I love red meat especially wild red meat.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum