Texas Hunting Forum

so tell me what yall think about this...

Posted By: Leadslinger93

so tell me what yall think about this... - 04/04/10 04:48 PM

i just took some backstrap from the doe i shot this year...i cut the meat into pieces about 6 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches thick. i lightly seasond them with some webers steak seasoning and just a tad bit of bbq sauce...then i wrapped 10 of these pieces with bacon. put a few toothpicks through each one to hold them together. and they are now in the oven cooking at 250 degrees. im thinkin they should turn out pretty good.

Posted By: dk5265

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 04/04/10 07:13 PM

Were they good?

Posted By: RobertY

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 04/04/10 10:37 PM

Probably pretty dry if you're going to cook them all the way through.

Posted By: Justin T

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 04/05/10 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: RobertYuras
Probably pretty dry if you're going to cook them all the way through.

I agree. Bacon doesn't keep them moist. Cooking them rare keeps them moist.

Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 04/06/10 04:14 PM

I'm thinking dry and tough...

Posted By: Tres

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 04/07/10 03:25 AM

So how was it!?

Posted By: BP1

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 04/18/10 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: marlinshooter93
i just took some backstrap from the doe i shot this year...i cut the meat into pieces about 6 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches thick. i lightly seasond them with some webers steak seasoning and just a tad bit of bbq sauce...then i wrapped 10 of these pieces with bacon. put a few toothpicks through each one to hold them together. and they are now in the oven cooking at 250 degrees. im thinkin they should turn out pretty good.

Here is something slightly different.

Cut backstrap in half. Split lengthwise till almost cut through (butterfly). Add fresh sliced mushrooms, japs or serrannos, grilled or fresh onions and your favorite cheese. Close and completely wrap with bacon. You can use toothpicks to secure the bacon but I prefer to use a grilling basket. Place over HOT coals till bacon is done. Slice and pig out. Moist and delicious.

Speaking of pig, pork backstrap is tasty also.

BP...

Posted By: pig out

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 05/04/10 11:07 PM

have you ever tried frying backstrap???

Posted By: prohunter2011

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 05/05/10 03:16 AM

duh

Posted By: scattergun

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 05/07/10 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Leadslinger93

I'm thinking you ruined them with the bacon. Same with quail or dove. If you have to wrap it with bacon you really don't like the meat and should eat something else. Bacon is for breakfast with a couple of eggs.

You asked!!!

Posted By: Scurvy Dog

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 05/10/10 05:31 AM

Originally Posted By: scattergun

I'm thinking you ruined them with the bacon. Same with quail or dove. If you have to wrap it with bacon you really don't like the meat and should eat something else. Bacon is for breakfast with a couple of eggs.

You asked!!!

I'm thinkin' you are from New York City! Your Momma must be proud!

Posted By: preston629

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 05/12/10 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: scattergun

You asked!!!

stupidest thing ive heard today, congrats

Posted By: Duck Commander

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 06/17/10 05:18 AM

They were very good, thanks to you dalton lol

Posted By: prickly pear

Re: so tell me what yall think about this... - 06/18/10 08:04 PM

since bacon is not any good on backstrap anymore, guess I will coat them with yogurt and serve them on a bagel.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum