Texas Hunting Forum

Grapevine eats

Posted By: BigPig

Grapevine eats - 02/22/24 04:30 AM

I’ll be in Grapevine for a Saturday night next month. Plan to hit up the local wineries and dives while there. What’s a good steak house in the area?

Dino’s?
Winewood?
Ferraris?
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Grapevine eats - 02/22/24 12:25 PM

I've had Xmas Eve dinner at Winewood, Dinos, Bob's Steak and Chophouse and Perry's, all in Grapevine. I'd rate them this way, best steak - Bob's followed by Dinos, then toss up between Winewood and Perry's. Best porkchop - Perry's. All around I'd say Bob's then toss up of the other 3 for me. Forgot about Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan, gives Bob's a good run for its $$ too, very good.

Re: Grapevine eats - 02/22/24 03:04 PM

I’m be had Bob’s, been to Old Hickory, don’t like Perry’s.

Trying to find something new since we don’t get to Grapevine much
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Grapevine eats - 02/22/24 03:55 PM

Not really any stand out steak restaurants in Grapevine. Dino’s is over priced for what it is but decent and Bob’s isnt consistent. Italian Cafe Grapevine has a good filet, for a filet, but they dont offer a real steak option. Colleyville has Stonehouse off 26 and they have a pretty decent ribeye. Southlake has Sky Creek Kitchen and bar, Its in the hotel but is pretty good.

Posted By: Stub

Re: Grapevine eats - 02/22/24 11:06 PM

My sister who lived in Southlake for forever, remarried and moved to Colleyville said her favorite is Stonehouse. It is not in Grapevine but right down the road off 26 in Colleyville.
Pretty sure my little sis has eaten at all of the nice restaurants in that general area quite a few times.

https://www.stonehouse-restaurant.com/

Re: Grapevine eats - 02/23/24 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Not really any stand out steak restaurants in Grapevine. Dino’s is over priced for what it is but decent and Bob’s isnt consistent. Italian Cafe Grapevine has a good filet, for a filet, but they dont offer a real steak option. Colleyville has Stonehouse off 26 and they have a pretty decent ribeye. Southlake has Sky Creek Kitchen and bar, Its in the hotel but is pretty good.

You going to volunteer to be my chauffeur?
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Grapevine eats - 02/23/24 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Italian Cafe has great food in general, Ferrari's isn't what it was.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Grapevine eats - 02/29/24 02:45 AM

Just a few miles to the north is 1845 in Flower Mound

There is also Tycoons but I would 1845

Re: Grapevine eats - 02/29/24 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Just a few miles to the north is 1845 in Flower Mound

There is also Tycoons but I would 1845

Thanks, maybe next time. We aren’t really wanting to drive. Just walk around and chill. First night without our kid in 5 months
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Grapevine eats - 02/29/24 02:55 AM

Tycoons in Katy is out of this world good.
Posted By: rjf1911

Re: Grapevine eats - 03/01/24 02:17 PM

If I was just walking around…..I’d have dinner at Stellini Trattoria and then hit the Speakeasy at the Hotel Vin.

Re: Grapevine eats - 03/13/24 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by rjf1911
If I was just walking around…..I’d have dinner at Stellini Trattoria and then hit the Speakeasy at the Hotel Vin.

We are staying at VIN, I’ll have to check out the speakeasy up

Re: Grapevine eats - 03/20/24 09:35 PM

Well the night got rained out, didn’t make it to any of the wineries. We went to Winewood and had a great dinner. The ribeye was delicious, the scalloped potatoes were trash but I never really like those anyways so my opinion is biased. Wife had redfish pontchartrain which was good. Drink were stout! I had too many OF’s. We got back to the hotel and pulled a seat at the bar, if you’re an OF fan, I highly recommend going and seeing Oscar there, he’s a magician with OF’s and if you tell him you want it dry and spicy, that’s what you’ll get. 12 OF’s that night had me hurting the next morning, and outside of cheap hotel coffee, there wasn’t a single coffee shop open on a Sunday at 11am, despite there being 3 within walking distance of the hotel.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Grapevine eats - 03/30/24 10:54 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We went to WineWood today….

It was great!

They had Taylor single barrel!

Re: Grapevine eats - 03/31/24 03:35 AM

Yep.

I didn’t see prime rib in the menu, solid choice.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum