Texas Hunting Forum

Lowake Steak House

Posted By: skinnerback

Lowake Steak House - 01/12/23 06:00 AM

It’s not often that I cross I-10 heading North, but when I do I’m taking kids hunting or to a get together. Concho County deer here have been on vacation lately. Regardless, I FINALLY got an opportunity to hunt with my oldest Son again. He stays very busy driving and working all over S Tx and when he’s home, it’s family time. Hard for father & son time. He & I finally went to the lease last weekend, but struck out. So, we went to Rowena, Tx to Lowake Steak House. I ordered the 35 oz Porterhouse Steaks with two orders of Jalapeno poppers and I tell you what…I’m glad my Son was driving. We slept hard & snored that night. He didn’t kill a deer, but we killed those steaks. I really like this place. The fries suck, but the onion rings look like the best ever. Will try next time. Steak was really good, and scarfed mine down like a starving dog. He might have to shoot a deer off the road this year to get one. grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/12/23 12:22 PM

I got the meat sweats just seeing the pic of that chunk of meat.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/12/23 12:53 PM

Kick azz that you got to spend quality time with your son cheers
Dayum man that is a lot of beef, would not want to be anywhere close to you when that comes out the other end flush

We were very fortunate that our son was home on leave for 3 weeks during the holidays, spent a lot of quality time with him and loved every second of it.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/13/23 02:24 PM

up
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/13/23 03:13 PM

Sounds like a great time. Food looks good. I've always heard about that place but never been.
Posted By: hawk

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/13/23 04:55 PM

I used to really like Lowake. The last several times we've been it was not good. We hunt off of 1929 in Concho County just east of Lowake proper. Pretty tough season this year. Enjoy your time with your family!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/14/23 01:29 AM

Damn son, that is impressive!!! You done good Sir and great pic. Glad you got him out there this season cheers
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/14/23 02:28 AM

Oh heck yeah! That had to have been awesome! cheers
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/14/23 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by HoneyBeez
Damn son, that is impressive!!! You done good Sir and great pic. Glad you got him out there this season cheers

Easy to see what tree that apple fell off of... cheers
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/14/23 02:08 PM

Used to go there back when it was actually in Lowake out in the boondocks. Was good but never blew your socks off or anything. Great onion rings.

That porterhouse looks amazing! If I’m ever out that way I’d love to try it.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/15/23 02:49 AM

Glad you two were able to spend some quality time together up

Those steaks look delicious food but you left to much meat on the bone confused2
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/19/23 12:54 AM

I have to ask...how much was that hunk of meat?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/19/23 02:35 AM

SB that's righteous.. eeks333
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/19/23 05:51 PM

Always enjoy a visit to Lowake during deer season. Hate I missed you this season. Agree that Lowake doesn't blow your socks off, but it ain't bad either. I generally get the sirloin and split it with my son. He loves that place, and I can confirm the onion rings are LEGIT!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/19/23 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by BarneyWho
Always enjoy a visit to Lowake during deer season. Hate I missed you this season. Agree that Lowake doesn't blow your socks off, but it ain't bad either. I generally get the sirloin and split it with my son. He loves that place, and I can confirm the onion rings are LEGIT!

Hopefully, there will be a next year amigo. cheers
Posted By: cattle69

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/27/23 03:59 AM

Always a good place and the jalapeno ranch dressing is kick butt
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/30/23 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by BarneyWho

Hopefully, there will be a next year amigo. cheers

I was there sat night. saw biggest buck if the season… no where close to us roflmao
Posted By: Nolanco

Re: Lowake Steak House - 01/31/23 11:26 PM

Wait. Lookin' at the water stains on the table, did you guys split that poor little teensy margarita?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum