Texas Hunting Forum

Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls...

Posted By: nak

Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 03/29/19 02:04 AM

A before church trip for Sunday morning hot do-nuts or cinnamon rolls used to be a family tradition...but I've let it slide in recent years, due to a lack of decent options.

Old style yeast do-nuts, with real honest to goodness powdered sugar and milk glaze, seems to have disappeared from the landscape.

Cinnamon Rolls that are decent seem to have gone away also

Anyone have suggestions? Ginger Browns are the antithesis of what I am looking for...they are heavy, greasy, with no real flavor, other than butter.

Thanks
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 03/29/19 02:44 AM

Donut town in McKinney has great donuts.......

https://www.hypnoticdonuts.com

If you’ll come to this place.... I’ll buy. Not great but not bad.... great coffee.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/04/19 03:50 PM

I like the cinnamon rolls at Grandys. It really sucked when I was diagnosed Type 1 diabetic; but every once i a while I'll see if they have a fresh tray and get one without frosting. .
Posted By: Cast

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/04/19 04:26 PM

Cinabon is still around.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 12:59 AM

Shape donuts out of canned buscuits, fry in oil. Make glaze from powdered sugar and warm water. Add just enough water to the powdered sugar so it will pour, like syrup consistency. I also like those cheap orange flavored cinnamon rolls in the can with the little tin of topping at the end.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 01:11 AM

I like raisins and nuts in my cinnamon roll.
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 01:15 AM

Shipley’s makes a pretty good cinnamon roll. Don’t know if you are close to one or not.
Posted By: HuskerB

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 02:23 AM

Max's in Allen is the best donut joint in the north suburban area of DFW. I drive by almost a dozen donut shops to get kids donuts from there.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 02:39 AM

i DON'T TALK cinnamon rolls

I EAT 'EM!

All the donut shops around here are owned by vietnamese people.... donuts are poor quality.

True story,
about 2 years ago my dad walked into a donut shop, of course, vietnamese were working behind the counter, and a young looking (remember that) girl walks up to take our order, while were waiting on the donuts, my dad tells the girl "Well, i bet you're glad school is out" another older vietnamese lady who appeared to "Run" the place said, " Are you kidding? she thirty two year old!"
loser8

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hunt Dog
I like the cinnamon rolls at Grandys. It really sucked when I was diagnosed Type 1 diabetic; but every once i a while I'll see if they have a fresh tray and get one without frosting. .

Same here, get them if not glazed
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by HuskerB
Max's in Allen is the best donut joint in the north suburban area of DFW. I drive by almost a dozen donut shops to get kids donuts from there.

Been there several times, I don’t get it... taste like most other donut shops...

Donut town in McKinney.... in a class all by themselves...
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 01:00 PM

Manske Rolls were the hands down best and you used to be able to get them in the frozen foods section in some grocery stores. The bakery is in San Marcos........sure miss them. My waist line doesn't though.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cast
Cinabon is still around.

Cinabon sux.... barf
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 02:22 PM

Lulu's cafe in SA.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pigsicles
Manske Rolls were the hands down best and you used to be able to get them in the frozen foods section in some grocery stores. The bakery is in San Marcos........sure miss them. My waist line doesn't though.
They would come to the dorms at SWT at night and peddle those things, couldn't resist. That was in the early 70's, haven't had one since, don't know if they still exist
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 04:25 PM

... People who dont know about Manske Rolls dont need too.. I had one last year at Gils....They are in a category by themselves...After they took them out of stores I contacted them in San marcos.. They couldnt keep up.. I got a few guys together to open a FDA commisary to begin making them again... Couldnt come to a financial agreement...
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 04:26 PM

Preach!!!! food flehan You can order them shipped...People on this thread should try them... Manske Rolls San Marcos... 30 dolars for a dozen.. They are like Round Rock donuts.. Life Changers!!!
Posted By: Eagle 1

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 04:56 PM

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE...Buy these https://rhodesbakenserv.com/product/cinnamon-rolls/, then do this:

Ingredients
1 bag Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls (12 count - frozen)
1 box Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding
1 stick of butter
Chopped pecans if desired

Instructions
Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Line dish with frozen cinnamon rolls.
Sprinkle pudding mix over the top of the cinnamon rolls. Melt stick of butter & drizzle on top.
Cover dish with saran wrap. Be sure to spray saran wrap with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, set the cinnamon rolls out at room temperature for 45min - 1 hour prior to allow rolls to rise.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees & bake for 20 minutes. Ice while hot.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 06:22 PM

food
Posted By: JRayD2

Re: Lets talk Cinnamon Rolls... - 04/05/19 09:11 PM

Busy B's Bakery in Fort Worth

This place has great cinnamon rolls!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum