Texas Hunting Forum

Where to eat in San Antonio

Posted By: Nitro27

Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/09/16 08:41 PM

I am participating in a charity sporting clays event in San Antonio pulling for kids this weekend.
We will have a group of 7-10 adults and a 2 year old. Where should we go eat Friday night.Our hotel is close to sea world.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/09/16 10:27 PM

Rudy's BBQ is close by . . .

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/09/16 11:08 PM

Really looking for something other than a chain or tourist trap. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/10/16 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: oldoak2000
Rudy's BBQ is close by . . .

You're either not from Texas, don't get out much, you hate the op, your tastebuds are scarred or you simply have no clue what barbeque tastes like.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/11/16 04:20 AM

If you are over at the National Shooting Complex and staying by Sea World you will not be far from Helotes.
A few local places, Bobby J's is good for burgers and El Chaparral is good Mexican food.
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/11/16 04:59 AM

La Fagata on Vance Jackson is good and could accommodate your party
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/11/16 03:12 PM

GTK that La Fogata is still around VJ & I-10 west inside the Loop...was always my go to place in SA for yankee clients or Jersey boss's back when the parrots were flying around loose in the outdoor plaza...too many years ago though to think about.

What about the place just north of DTown that had the oak tree growing thru the dining room's ceiling ...next to where the old cadillac store had been...that was some good and unusal grub too...

Never got off on the Industrial/Machine Shop Look of the place in '09'er 'ville...even though the food was decent & waaay over priced.

Need to go back to SA and spend some time again I guess.
Ron
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/11/16 03:45 PM

I have long been a La Fogata fan. Might be just as easy though to go to the Market and eat at the Mexican food place there. Is it Margarita's? Great food. As many times as I've been there, I should remember the name.
Posted By: mattyg06

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/11/16 04:41 PM

Mi Casa Tamales on way to Boerne is good especially if you with a group of kids. El Chapparal, Aldacos, Fralos, Mi Tierra, Chris Madrids, Blanco Cafe, Perico's, Pam's Kitchen, Ajuua.

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/11/16 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: mattyg06
Mi Casa Tamales on way to Boerne is good especially if you with a group of kids. El Chapparal, Aldacos, Fralos, Mi Tierra, Chris Madrids, Blanco Cafe, Perico's, Pam's Kitchen, Ajuua.

Another vote for Chris Madrids up

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/12/16 02:52 AM

Well didn't end up at any of those places. Went to La Fonda on main sat on the patio Swirl margaritas and lafonda special were on time . Two thumbs up

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/12/16 03:00 AM

Good choice up
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/12/16 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
I have long been a La Fogata fan. Might be just as easy though to go to the Market and eat at the Mexican food place there. Is it Margarita's? Great food. As many times as I've been there, I should remember the name.

I think it is called La Macarina, use to be very good.
Posted By: DuckCrazy

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/19/16 06:01 PM

I'm sorry but Rudy's BBQ just sucks.Someone would have to be hard up to eat that crap.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/19/16 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckCrazy
I'm sorry but Rudy's BBQ just sucks.Someone would have to be hard up to eat that crap.

There breakfast is pretty good and so is there Turkey. Of coarse judging by a bunch of threads in this section I'm easy to please
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/20/16 04:21 AM

I guess you think Dickeys is good?
Posted By: kweber

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/20/16 05:04 AM

plate lunch... Raddike's WWWhite
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/20/16 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig

Not horrible, cheap and fast if you get the lunch special....
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/20/16 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY
Originally Posted By: BigPig

Not horrible, cheap and fast if you get the lunch special....

I wouldn't say no to Rudy's. For a chain BBQ joint, it's better than the others
Posted By: Obi Wan

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/22/16 03:35 AM

BBQ
The granary or two brothers BBQ. The granary is a brew and que place and is some of the best I've had. Two brothers is close. Rudy's is just ok compared to these two.

Mexican
El Chapparal. Period. End of sentence. Get the filet tampiqueno or todo Mexicano. La Fogata is good, but not EC. La hacienda de los barrios for puffy tacos.

Pizza
Dough pizzeria, Grimalsi's, and mellow mushroom

Steak
Ruth's Chris, longhorn

Hamburgers
Bobby J's or longhorn cafe or BigZ

Persian
Pasha

If going out to Boerne, go to the hungry horse for the steak sandwich.
Posted By: TX TCAT

Re: Where to eat in San Antonio - 03/22/16 10:52 AM

Burgers: Chris Madrids (Blanco Rd)- Get the Jalapeno Cheddar Burger
Mexican: Paloma Blanca (Alamo Heights)- Get the Chile Relleno a la Adelfa
Steaks: Bohanan's (Downtown Riverwalk)- Expensive, but you'll thank me later
Italian: Little Italy (Afterglow St)- Only Italian restaurant my Italian grandmother would go to
Bella on the River - must make a reservation several weeks in advance
BBQ: Smoke Shack (Broadway)- Order your food at the Smoke Shack then walk over and eat it at the pig pen
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum