Texas Hunting Forum

Cattlemans in Fabens Texas

Posted By: 7mag

Cattlemans in Fabens Texas - 07/04/14 04:25 PM

http://www.cattlemanssteakhouse.com/

All hype or all bueno????
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Cattlemans in Fabens Texas - 07/04/14 05:00 PM

I have been there maybe a half dozen times when working in that area. The food there 20 years ago was awesome great steaks and best sauteed mushrooms I have eaten. Last time I was there (2 years ago) it was good but not quite a good as I remembered. Worth checking out IMO. Try to eat there about sun set and the view is nice.... coyotes come near the windows on occasion as they must throw them scraps.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Cattlemans in Fabens Texas - 07/04/14 05:53 PM

A Good experience, but I believe it is more hype then bueno????
A long way to drive for a slightly above average steak but nice desert scenery.
Posted By: Lance2373

Re: Cattlemans in Fabens Texas - 07/08/14 05:16 PM

Pretty good place. Steak is pretty good but the experience is pretty neat. There have been a bunch of movies shot out there. Last time I was there a coyote came up to the window eating scraps. Made the walk to the car in the parking lot a little more interesting.
Posted By: old engineer

Re: Cattlemans in Fabens Texas - 07/31/14 01:47 PM

My wife and I had dinner there two weeks ago. This was our first trip out that way and wanted to try it as we had heard it was worth a visit. The steak was very good. If going there is no signage to let you know you are on the right road so be sure you have good directions. In addition be sure that you are aware of the hours it is open. I had the two pound steak and could have eaten another one, it was very good. My wife found it odd that they do not have salads, but they have all the beans and cole slaw you can eat with your steak. I would go again if in that part of Texas.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Cattlemans in Fabens Texas - 07/31/14 03:51 PM

Cattlemans USED to be good. Its a cool place to go if you've never been. One of those things you have to experience. Prices are really high and food is just ok. I will say that they used to make great steaks...not so much any more. Used to like ordering the beef cubes (burnt ends basically) but again... not so much anymore. Try to get there about an hour before sunset. Great views and maybe you'll see some yotes out side the window.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum