Texas Hunting Forum

Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville?

Posted By: mbavo

Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 09/05/12 11:20 PM

Will be in Kerrville in early December for a hunt. Any suggestions on where to stay or eat?
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 09/06/12 12:32 AM

Make the trip for BBQ to the Garvin General Store. Or Breakfast tacos in Leakey...
Posted By: teamone

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 09/06/12 04:43 PM

I use to hunt down there all the time. Stay at the Inn of the Hills without a doubt. Bar with live music, good restaurant and location.

http://www.innofthehills.com/

If you process any game, take it to Bernhards in Ingram. Talk to Marc. He can have it ready by the time you leave town!
Posted By: hammered

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 09/14/12 05:09 PM

Yep Inn of the Hills or YO hotel, there are some newer hotels at Hwy 16 and IH10 (Hampton, Days Inn, Comfort Inn Etc..)

Tacos...Marys Tacos on Braodway best hands down.
BBQ.... A lot of people like Buzzys BBQ
Mexican ... I would say Acapulco
They also have all of your commercial stuff..(Chilies, Fudruckers, Etc.)

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 09/18/12 01:13 AM

thanks guys.i will check them out
Posted By: blancobuster

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 09/18/12 03:57 AM

bernhards is good we always get our deer done there when we hunt at my buddies place

you hunting at kerr?

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 09/19/12 01:24 AM

Management hunt at kerrville Schriener park
Posted By: killin_it

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 09/20/12 02:26 AM

Mamacitas is my favorite place to eat in Kerville
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 09/23/12 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: killin_it
Mamacitas is my favorite place to eat in Kerville

x2 followed by Cowboy Steakhouse

For prcoessing, my family has used Rhodes Brothers for years. I don't like their processing as well as some places, but they can do 24 hour turn-around. Their taxidermy work is very good.

http://www.rhodestaxidermy.com/
Posted By: forgetful_shooting

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 09/26/12 05:48 PM

Mi Sombero over the bridge in Kerrville is excellent. If you want some real good homecooked fine dining, Eloise's Table in Hunt,Texas. The small restaurant across from the Schreiner Mansion downtown is excellent.
Posted By: Marker 37

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 10/02/12 11:26 PM

Grapejuice

Great beer selection and good food. it gets busy early so be ready to have to kill some time. I am sure you can figure it out. If not, reread the first sentence.
Posted By: FtWorthBobWillsFan

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 10/14/12 07:34 AM

I go to Kerrville once a month and love this town. I stay at Best Western everywhere I go and I like the one in Kerrville. Although, after reading about the bar and live music, I might check out the inn of the hills mentioned above.

I also want to check out Buzzie's BBQ b/c they are listed in Texas Monthly's top 50 with a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 10/14/12 05:11 PM

I stayed at the Inn of the Hills last Friday. My room was basically an efficiency appartment. If my shoulders were any wider, i doubt i could have turned around in the bathroom. Everything was nice, but the bathroom area was terribly small. First bad experience there....only difference is a booked through Priceline to save money. Guess i got what I paid for!
Posted By: jhill1440

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 10/26/12 07:03 PM

Just got back from Kerrville the other week. Only there one night so we hit Buzzy's BBQ. It was decent. Might have been the end of the night but the brisket was a little dry, sauce was alright. Just get the regular plate unless you want leftovers then get the large 1.5lbs of meat and two sides. Lots of taxidermy to look at.
Posted By: londontexas

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 11/05/12 01:32 PM

breakfast tacos at the Valero station just off I 10....only a buck..and they make their own tortillas...
Posted By: Glowka

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 11/08/12 01:34 AM

Mamacitas is always good eats. Never had a problem. Atmosphere is always an enjoyable time too.

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 11/16/12 08:44 AM

jhill1440..thanks for the feedback on buzzy's... haven't been there yet... The do have Fuddruckers now though, for those who like Fuddruckers.. it's always been one of my favorite chain hamburger joints.
Posted By: Bill_OA

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 11/16/12 09:12 PM

I lived in Kerrville for about 6 months and have spent parts of my whole life in and out of that town. If you want a little nicer meal go to Francisco's in the "downtown" area. Really good food. There is also a new bar in the basement of the schreiner building right across the street that I can't remember the name of. They do some pretty good scotch or whiskey tasting flights. I would recommend staying away from Garven store at all costs. Owner is a bandit and will charge you 3-4 times what something is worth and it won't even be fresh or taste good. Not worth the gas to get there and waste your money. If you make it to Leakey check out Mama Chole's. Get the nachos with guacamole on top. They smother those things with about 3 whole avocados worth of guac.
Posted By: CaveManRancher

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 11/18/12 03:41 AM

Try the lake house, I think that's the name, all you can eat catfish.
Posted By: markjackn

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 12/18/12 03:51 AM

Make the trip for BBQ to the Garvin General Store. Or Breakfast tacos in Leakey...

Re: Where to stay,where to eat in Kerrville? - 01/06/13 07:58 AM

Went to Buzzy's BBQ on Thursday while in this Johnny Football crazed town and the brisket was really good... it will be a regular stop for me when I go to Kerville each month.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum