Texas Hunting Forum

You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy

Posted By: conifer

You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 07/29/12 11:54 AM

I am in north Florida, and read the "On the Road" forum in the Texas Hunting Forum religiously and enviously. I enjoy the descriptions you folks post.....and wish I could sample some of the places you visit. I have not found a "memorable" or recommendable restaurant of any type in Florida.
Years ago, I drove across Texas, stopping in many small towns, and sampling mom 'n pop restaurants ..... and loving it. I recall a terrific breakfast in Seymour, and many enjoyable folks. Anyhow.....please accept my respects .... and my thanks for "Texas Hunting Forum".
Alex Diner
Gainesville, Florida

Posted By: BMD

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 07/29/12 12:40 PM

I feel lucky everyday that I am a Texan!

Posted By: bwk1975

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 07/29/12 07:24 PM

Please don't tell anybody else about our treasures, it would be nice if we can keep this between you and all of the rest of us here on the world wide web smile

Posted By: Texas Hill Country Tom

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 07/30/12 03:17 AM

I could have retired anywhere in the world. I chose Texas because of the folks, family ties, and the BBQ. Of course, the hunting, fishing, gun laws, and live of football doesn't hurt at all.

Posted By: Simp

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 08/06/12 03:30 PM

Thanks Alex! Next time you're out this way give us a heads up!

Posted By: TooLow

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 08/06/12 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: BMD
I feel lucky everyday that I am a Texan!

Posted By: BOLT GUY

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 08/08/12 09:55 PM

Always said there is no other place I'd rather be....but the summers might make me change my mind later in life.
Great Food, Great people and target rich environment

Posted By: Rick Abolt

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 09/07/12 04:21 AM

Crazy! We moved to Austin in 2010 after living in Pinellas County (Clearwater/St Pete) for the last 11 years.

Let me tell you, friend, I have lived all over the country, but NEVER have I felt at home like I do in Austin. We are yet to run into someone who is rude, crude or unhelpful. No Joke.

Come back and see us now! (I always wanted to say that and mean it!)
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 09/13/12 11:54 AM

To any Californians or Yankees that might be reading this. It's all lies. Texas is nothing but barren desert wasteland. It's hot, dry, dusty, covered in tumbleweeds, cows and cow poop. Everybody is backwards and uneducated. We're over run with illegal aliens, drug runners, and Austin has some hippies. You do not want to come here.
Posted By: kaycee

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 09/13/12 07:55 PM

Yeah, and if you ignore this advice, then mind your manners. We don't want to hear you gripe.

Oh yes, by the way, I am grateful to be a Texan too.
Posted By: AW 1880

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 09/21/12 02:55 AM

I lived in South Carolina for two years. Family, Friends, and FOOD were the three main reasons I moved back to Texas. It's slim pickens out that way.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 09/27/12 04:39 PM

I was born in Louisiana, but came to Texas about 37 years ago, and I ain't leavin. The day I arrived in Texas I became taller, stronger, and better lookin.

I'm still laughing over what LandPirate said....
Posted By: thechopblock

Re: You are lucky to live in Texas ....and I am green with envy - 10/05/12 01:25 AM

Lived in the Florida Keys for a few years. There are some great places to eat down there. If you ever head that way, let me know & I'll let you know where to go (and where to avoid).

Remember, you should never take food advice from a skinny person.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum