Texas Hunting Forum

Galveston recomendations?

Posted By: Ern3st

Galveston recomendations? - 06/29/12 11:44 PM

Anybody got the low down on a nice place to eat supper in Galveston? Not a chain place or anything like that.

Posted By: limestone pirate

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 06/30/12 06:09 AM

fish tails on the seawall, also on broadway there is a cajun BBQ joint and meat market his riblets and cajun potato salad are out of this world, every kind of boudan think of, we never leave the island without 4 or 5 pounds of the riblets

Posted By: Big Daddy K

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 06/30/12 12:37 PM

I like Benos on the seawall but it's all fried except for crawfish when they are in season.

After a few days camping on the beach and hard core fishing my favorite place is Golden Corral: ) They often have fresh seafood believe it are not as well as anything else ya may want.

There is also a nice Mexican food place on the seawall. Can't recall the name but it's next to the Rain Forrest Cafe.

Also there are a few places downtown on the Strand.

Oh yea and another place near downtown on the warphf area.

Posted By: VigoPark

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 06/30/12 08:33 PM

We eat at Guido's at least once every time we are down there. We haven't been since the hurricane.

Posted By: 30 pack

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/01/12 01:56 AM

Olympia Grill toward the east end of the seawall had decent greek food, but it's been a while since I've been.

Posted By: Stick 711

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/01/12 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Daddy K
I like Benos on the seawall but it's all fried except for crawfish when they are in season.

Beno's is great. Try the crab.

More upscale is the restaurant at the Galvez. They had a quail appetizer. I had two orders and a side of mixed veggies with a wite wine. up

I would kill for the recipe.

Phil

Posted By: pcernuch

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/02/12 12:20 PM

for italian luigi's in the strand. i dont like italian but the wife loves it. i get the chefs special everytime we got. the chef will come out and find out what you DONT like, then he makes you whatever he wants. its unreal. for burgers and beers you gotta go to "the spot" on the seawall. its good. get the crab stuffed jalapenos and an order of onion rings!

god bless.

Posted By: CAMO34

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/02/12 09:06 PM

" THE SPOT "
" WILLIE G'S "
" LANDRYS "

Posted By: 12gaugegator

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/02/12 09:41 PM

Shrimp n' Stuff. Good little neighborhood joint away from all the regular spots.

Posted By: prohunter2011

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/03/12 01:14 AM

tortugas for mexican,bubba gumps,landrys last choice

Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/03/12 04:22 AM

Sky Bar Sushi on Post Office St.

Posted By: TxGarandhunter

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/03/12 02:25 PM

second for bubba gumps and willie Gs

I cant think of some of the others its been so long. But there used to be a seafood place on the seawall. Was a really nice place(not a chain). Ring a bell for anyone? I know there is probably a lot, but ill think of it later.

Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/04/12 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: TxGarandhunter

I cant think of some of the others its been so long. But there used to be a seafood place on the seawall. Was a really nice place(not a chain). Ring a bell for anyone? I know there is probably a lot, but ill think of it later.

Was it Gaido's?
Also agree with Texanfrog...Shrimp is stuff is pretty good, and cheap!

Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/04/12 11:03 AM

What is the name of the place that is in a couple buildings by the seawall where you can sit up on the balcony? It's pretty good.

Posted By: TxGarandhunter

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/08/12 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Fat Tire
Originally Posted By: TxGarandhunter

Was it Gaido's?
Also agree with Texanfrog...Shrimp is stuff is pretty good, and cheap!

Hrm, could have possibly been. Man I havnt been to galveston in so long. making me want to take a road trip.

Posted By: 30 pack

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/11/12 11:29 PM

You might be thinking Miller's Seafood? Yellow house looking place with balcony.

Posted By: Bowman24

Re: Galveston recomendations? - 07/12/12 02:02 AM

Red snapper

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum