Texas Hunting Forum

German Wirehair - Wanted

Posted By: centxhunting

German Wirehair - Wanted - 08/09/16 09:09 PM

Started my look a while back but think I have recently narrowed it to GWP. Hoping to get a little advice from yall on any reputable kennels or on the breed itself.

Thanks!
Posted By: MS1454

Re: German Wirehair - Wanted - 08/09/16 10:09 PM

Tons of information if you search this forum.
Posted By: Sweese

Re: German Wirehair - Wanted - 08/09/16 11:29 PM

Many years ago, I had a beautiful, almost solid black bitch out of Treborwolf. She did it all and had an awesome attitude.

http://www.drahthaars.net/
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: German Wirehair - Wanted - 08/09/16 11:38 PM

Call Geoff Sterner with Sterndog kennels. He's a member here. (817) 301-3931

He's in Granbury.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: German Wirehair - Wanted - 08/11/16 12:19 PM

Go to the VDD-GNA website and look up the breeders page lots of info and reliable source to vet breeders. Just dont say GWP, the Drathaar guys swear there is a genetic difference. I have a Drathaar and other than the breeding standards i dont see a difference. Granted i am a newb to the draht/gwp game. They get pissy when you saysay GWP referring to their dogs.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: German Wirehair - Wanted - 08/11/16 01:04 PM

I have a 7mo old drathaar. And up to this point only had labs. Maddie (drathaar) is the most intelligent dog ive ever had and i say that with the love of my life being Mini a black lab female that was stolen. Her ability to pick up things is amazing. It doesnt take long at all. Now the flipside of their intelligence leads to their downside imo. I think of labs as eager to please dogs, and drathaars not nearly as much. They are very smart and have a very strong drive but not eager to please if that makes any sense. Also, labs have what i call a stupid intelligence. Which imo makes them easier to train. They arent as loving as other breeds. All in all they are great dogs, and beautiful. coming from only labs its been a learning curve and adjustment. Dont know if id have another one, but the ones ive seen are impressive.
Posted By: super

Re: German Wirehair - Wanted - 08/25/16 03:04 AM

Geoff just had a big litter.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum