Texas Hunting Forum

GWP or Drahthaar

Posted By: Adub2123

GWP or Drahthaar - 09/03/14 01:13 PM

Hey guys. I am in search of a started GWP or Drahthaar. Here is the story,

I lost my 10 yr old GWP back in March and started looking for a new one. I searched online for a few months and ran across a dog up in Minnesota. Spoke to the guy who was selling him and he told me the dog was a guide dog last year on a hunt preserve. He sent numerous pictures and videos of him working the dog, and he looked very impressive so I bought him. So, we go out Monday for opening day of dove and the first shot, the dog runs under my UTV and doesn't leave the rest of the afternoon. I called the guy I bought him from and he made numerous excuses. I went back to the videos he sent me and noticed that a gun was never fired around the dog. Typical Dog Jockey!!! After arguing and threatening him for a day and 1/2, he finally agreed to give me my money back.

I am super nervous about buying a dog on-line now. If anyone knows of some good, trustworthy breeders or trainers around Texas/Oklahoma please let me know.

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/03/14 01:16 PM

anyone feel free to call me also 903-714-7869
Posted By: TDH09

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/03/14 01:31 PM

www.vdd-gna.org and click on the breeders tab. Go to Litter listings and you'll find some started dogs at the top of the list.

Good talking to you.

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/03/14 01:48 PM

Thanks for the call!!
Posted By: RayB

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/05/14 12:24 PM

If any ones looking for a Draht puppy, I found a guy in Twin Falls ID who has a bunch on the ground that will be ready to pick up mid Oct. If you're interested I will PM you his contact info.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/05/14 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Adub2123
Hey guys. I am in search of a started GWP or Drahthaar. Here is the story,

I lost my 10 yr old GWP back in March and started looking for a new one. I searched online for a few months and ran across a dog up in Minnesota. Spoke to the guy who was selling him and he told me the dog was a guide dog last year on a hunt preserve. He sent numerous pictures and videos of him working the dog, and he looked very impressive so I bought him. So, we go out Monday for opening day of dove and the first shot, the dog runs under my UTV and doesn't leave the rest of the afternoon. I called the guy I bought him from and he made numerous excuses. I went back to the videos he sent me and noticed that a gun was never fired around the dog. Typical Dog Jockey!!! After arguing and threatening him for a day and 1/2, he finally agreed to give me my money back.

I am super nervous about buying a dog on-line now. If anyone knows of some good, trustworthy breeders or trainers around Texas/Oklahoma please let me know.

What happened to the dog?
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/09/14 03:13 PM

Give Kevin a call at http://www.ravenroadkennel.com/index.cfm we couldn't be happier with our GWP.

Hektor is looking for a girl friend...anybody got a female GWP?

Posted By: SterndogKennels

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/14/14 01:57 PM

For Sale Male GWP Well Started 2 YO
This dog does not have one name in his lineage without a champion title. He is as well bred as you will find. Good nose, loves a bird, EXCELLENT disposition. Although, he has not been a house dog he would make the transition well. This dog will be someone's personal hunting brag dog. There is nothing wrong with him. For me I field trial and I need a dog with bigger range. He is a foot hunter's range. Whoa broke, natural retriever, collar conditioned. Just paid to have 40+ quail shot over him this month. Has been at a professional trainer for the last two months as well. 30 day money back guarantee on this dog if he is not what I advertise. $1,700.00 Call Geoff 817-301-3931

Posted By: SterndogKennels

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/14/14 02:00 PM

That happened to me one time with a GSP I bought... The guy swore there was no issues with the dog and that I had done something wrong..... How long did you have the dog before shooting over him?

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/15/14 03:04 PM

Geoff, I had the dog close to 2 months before shooting over him. I just purchased a drahthaar from Jon Davis w/ Red Rock Kennels in Utah
Posted By: TDH09

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/15/14 04:36 PM

Jon is a great guy. What litter is your pup from?

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/15/14 06:59 PM

I bought cain vom Red-Rock(zach). Jon has been SUPER!!!! We have been talking dogs for a few weeks and he is top notch!!! Dog should be here next week! Super Stoked!!!
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/16/14 11:37 AM

I bought cain vom Red-Rock(zach). Jon has been SUPER!!!! We have been talking dogs for a few weeks and he is top notch!!! Dog should be here next week! Super Stoked!!!

We need pic as soon as you get your new dog.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/16/14 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly

We need pic as soon as you get your new dog.
I saw a pic on the website for Red_Rock. Nice looking dog!
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/19/14 12:37 AM

good for I hope the new drahthaar works out for you. Forrest
Posted By: dav42070

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 09/23/14 02:48 AM

Drahts the way to go. [img][Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/h6yQvqY.jpg)[/img] If you take him to a trainer be sure they know versatiles. [img][Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/iyz3ohN.jpg)[/img]
Posted By: Tmec

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 10/10/14 07:23 PM

Did you get Cain? Do you have any pics?

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 10/14/14 04:53 PM

Here he is!!!

Posted By: MS1454

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 10/14/14 04:58 PM

Great looking pup, and family

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 10/14/14 05:06 PM

Thanks!!! Very pleased with him!!! Looking forward to a great season
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 10/15/14 12:27 AM

Very nice pup!!! Amazed by what those dogs can go through!!!
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 10/15/14 01:47 AM

That's awesome! Congrats on the new addition to the family!
Posted By: Tmec

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 10/16/14 03:04 PM

Nice looking dog and family. I hope you enjoy him. I have enjoyed mine.
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 10/22/14 01:43 AM

good looking dog,and family. looks like he is already adjusted. Forrest
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 10/22/14 10:45 AM

Looks good.
Posted By: QuacksnRacks

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 11/10/14 04:00 AM

Can you send me the info for that kennel. Im in search of purchasing a Drahthaar as well?

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 11/10/14 03:52 PM

QuacksnRacks, just sent you a pm
Posted By: Hard Knocks

Re: GWP or Drahthaar - 11/10/14 08:47 PM

Heres my pup at 4 months
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum