Texas Hunting Forum

Gave it another go...

Posted By: Ol_Yeller

Gave it another go... - 03/29/13 01:48 PM

Went to Bonham last weekend for Hunt Test. The weather was rough. Sat., rain and lightening, sun. was very windy.
My boy Jack is coming along. He got 2 started passes, one more for his started title.
Ribbons aside, the boy is going to be a better duck dog and he already did good on his 1st season.
I'm having a great time learning the game and meeting new people!
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: Gave it another go... - 03/29/13 05:41 PM

Awwwwwww... Good boy, Jack!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Gave it another go... - 03/29/13 08:26 PM

Congrats.
Posted By: huck18

Re: Gave it another go... - 03/29/13 09:29 PM

Congrats! You should also look into running AKC Hunt Test.

Re: Gave it another go... - 03/29/13 09:41 PM

By the way there is an AKC Test in Rockwall next weekend. I'm not sure if the entry has closed yet but you can check it out on Entry Express.
Posted By: Ol_Yeller

Re: Gave it another go... - 03/30/13 01:39 PM

Thanks ya'll!

Dawn, I give you alot of credit for the breeding and matchup. Jack has made me want to be a better handler/trainer and see just how much he can achieve. He's such a ball of fire (and red too!)!!

Huck, I'm still trying to figure out the AKC/UKC/NAHRA...etc. I joined Cowtown HRC and am getting some guidance. Initially I went to a hunt test to observe and ended up getting our 1st pass. We need work on steady and deliver to hand, which I think I need for the AKC tests. Very open to your knowledge/info. Thanks!
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Gave it another go... - 03/30/13 03:46 PM

Congrats on the two passes. Hunting comes first for me, but I have extended my season with the dog games as well. Lot of fun isn't it? And entering these tests pushes us to work with our dogs more to prepare them. Pass or fail at the test, it can only be a win for the dog.

Re: Gave it another go... - 03/30/13 05:19 PM

I'm a Cowtown member. He have a good group of guys that train pretty regularly. Just come out and train with us some time and we could help you out.
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: Gave it another go... - 03/31/13 06:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Congrats on the two passes. Hunting comes first for me, but I have extended my season with the dog games as well. Lot of fun isn't it? And entering these tests pushes us to work with our dogs more to prepare them. Pass or fail at the test, it can only be a win for the dog.

Sounds like this is going well for you and you're having fun with it... AWESOME! Glad to hear it!
Posted By: BobMac

Re: Gave it another go... - 04/01/13 02:20 AM

Great job. Way to keep the dog learning.
Posted By: HardWired

Re: Gave it another go... - 04/01/13 03:56 AM

Great job to both of you!
Posted By: Jase

Re: Gave it another go... - 04/02/13 07:44 PM

That's awesome! Congrats to you both!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum