Texas Hunting Forum

Yellow Lab------update

Posted By: PSE-Xforce-AXE

Yellow Lab------update - 03/09/13 04:12 PM

Pulled up to one of my locations at work and look what I found. She looks to be less than 1 yr old and knows sit. I also took a rag and tried "fetch" with her, she was very interested but I think that her most important thing right now is feed me. She is in need of some food, I do not have anything with me, and a good bath. Has a good looking square head. There is no any homes around here for a few miles. I am going to take her to the few houes I know of around here and see if she belongs to anyone. If no one takes her, is anyone interested in her? I would rather someone from the THF to take her rather than go to the pound and end up with who knows. Here is a picture.

Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/09/13 04:59 PM

Location?

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/09/13 05:02 PM

North of Stephenville. I have asked the only two people I know of around here and she is not theirs. I have found out that she does not like to stay in the bed of the truck when you stop, but I have been working on that and she has not jumped out the last 3 stops.

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/11/13 12:14 AM

She was not claimed by anyone around where I found her. She is now in the backyard. She is very happy and very alert to what is going on around her. She needs a good home. If no one wants her I will have to take her to the pound. I just can't take her in right now and hate to take her to the pound. I will have her for a couple more day if someone wants her.
Posted By: BlackLabNut

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/11/13 12:30 AM

Bump for a beautiful pup. Wish I could
Posted By: janie

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/11/13 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: PSE-Xforce-AXE
She is in need of some food, I do not have anything with me

Do you have food for her now? If you don't we have other members in your area, I know would help, and I'll cover the kibble fee. Bumping this back to the top.

If anyone here is interested in this sweet gal. Speak up. I am still holding funds in the THF dog rescue account to help with transport, food, etc.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/11/13 02:06 AM

I will chip in funds to help as well. Let's keep her out of the pound.

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/11/13 03:22 AM

She is getting good grub now. It's not a problem feeding and I will travel to meet someone with her. She does have a great disposition a little excited when you first go outside with her. If I did not live in town, where I could train her, I would keep her. I know there are a lot of great people here on the THF and thank y'all for the offers. Lets just keep the word out and find her a home.

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/13/13 05:53 PM

Ttt

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/13/13 07:20 PM

Thursday the 14 the lab will be going to the vet to get checked out. If everything looks good she will be getting shots for rabies, distemper-parvo, bortatella. She will be getting a heart worm check with first month prevention pill. After tomorrow I will post the outcome from the vet with either a clean bill of health or what the vet finds.
Posted By: BPence

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/14/13 01:36 AM

Hope this girl gets a clean bill of health!
Posted By: mike a

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/14/13 04:12 AM

Have her checked for a chip.

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/15/13 01:10 AM

Good news. Doc said she was very healthy. Put a little weight on her and she will look great. No chip. She had a negative heart worm test. Negative fecal test. She got a one year rabies shot and parvo distemper booster. She got a frontline type flea and tick prevention and a one month pill for heart worms and all the other worms. She is clear for the taking. Oh Ya the vet said she was 1-2 years old. Very well mannered. Vet liked her.
Posted By: Humble pie

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/15/13 04:59 AM

If I was closer I would love to take her off your hands. You are a good man to take her in.
Posted By: Dkhntr

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/15/13 09:53 AM

I know some one is traveling to Houston soon that could take this pup down to the post above. Janie's post says she will help out there's funds in Thf dog rescue account.

By the way I'm kinda new on here how can I donate to the Thf dog rescue account. Don't have much but ill give what I can a little when I can afford it.
Posted By: janie

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/15/13 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Stangfish
If I was closer I would love to take her off your hands. You are a good man to take her in.

Road trip! Puppy bump.

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/15/13 08:41 PM

Im in if somebody is headed this way. I will buy you lunch. I will be home Saturday night and all Sunday.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/16/13 12:56 AM

I was hoping the vet would find a chip. Hope she finds a home.

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/16/13 04:03 AM

If anyone is going to Houston I will meet with you. Work kept me from being able to chevelle check the post on her until now.

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/16/13 07:54 PM

Hope she gets that home.
Posted By: Cappy_TX

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/16/13 10:26 PM

I posted the link to this thread on a few Hunting Retriever Club sites in the area. Hope she finds a new home soon.

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/17/13 02:09 AM

I will get some more pics up tomorrow of her.

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/19/13 10:10 PM

She is still looking for a ride to Houston.

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/21/13 10:48 PM

No THF Express????

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/22/13 12:14 AM

I hear ya^^^^^
I wish I knew some one going that way.
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/22/13 01:18 AM

OK, tell me where the dog is and where she has to go. Let me see if I can make it happen. If I have the TIME (which is my biggest challenge), I'll come out of pocket for the gas. Just y'all two - PSE & stangfish - make sure this girl has a point of departure and pick-up. You'll have to work with my schedule, though.

DEAL?

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/22/13 01:27 AM

Iron spike angel right there tell me where to send my 20 bucks for your gas if this happens.
Posted By: Triple7

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/22/13 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: IronSpikeLabs
OK, tell me where the dog is and where she has to go. Let me see if I can make it happen. If I have the TIME (which is my biggest challenge), I'll come out of pocket for the gas. Just y'all two - PSE & stangfish - make sure this girl has a point of departure and pick-up. You'll have to work with my schedule, though.

DEAL?

Way to step up...and I'll be buying a dog from you soon I think.
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: Yellow Lab - 03/22/13 03:41 PM

PXE - Can you take the dog to Waco on Sunday?

Stangfish - Please confirm that you still want the dog. Would you be able to meet me Sunday night north of Houston on either the Hwy 59 or I45 corridor?

If both of you will confirm, she can be transported on Sunday. That's a tight turnaround, I know. But I'm working an Expo all day tomorrow (won't be at my computer), so please get back to me asap (ie: today.)

Cell: 936-933-5317

Triple 7 & LHBrittany, thank you for the kind words. No point in this dragging on over logistics. Most times, it's great that Texas is such a big state, but then sometimes it makes things tougher. lol
Posted By: Humannpower

Re: Yellow Lab - 04/06/13 03:43 PM

Any updates on this?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum