Texas Hunting Forum

Need a buddy

Posted By: txshotgun

Need a buddy - 02/04/13 02:50 PM

I'm looking for good dog, preferably a setter or pointer breed, that needs a good home. I've been watching out for one on the north Texas rescue sites but no joy yet. It'll be an indoor dog and around two smaller dogs, chihuahua and dachshund, so needs to be tolerant. Female preferred. Big bonus if the dog likes to ride in a truck (not the bed). Smaller labs and goldens might work too. Doesn't have to be pure breed either. Looking to save a good dog.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Need a buddy - 02/04/13 06:05 PM

Good luch. Hat's off!
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Need a buddy - 02/04/13 06:12 PM

I saw a GSP on TexasBowhunter last week. They were required to get rid of it due to adopting children. I will look.

Re: Need a buddy - 02/04/13 06:14 PM

Here is one.

dog link
Posted By: changedmyname

Re: Need a buddy - 02/04/13 06:22 PM

It's on here too.

Re: Need a buddy - 02/04/13 06:26 PM

Maybe it was here becasue I didn't see it over there, but I did see another. I don't know if this one is still available.

another dog
Posted By: tjhook

Re: Need a buddy - 02/04/13 07:17 PM

I have a small/med dogs needs a home..... rescued it from the rain but is very skiddish.... has been abused but a super sweet dog.... appears a reddish shepherd/fox hound maybe... she has came along way in 3 weeks just scared to death of my 2yr old son i have another dog and they pay no bother

Let me explain this

Christmas day we found this dog running down the street in the rain... my wife coaxed her into out home.... after a bath and hot food we called the number on her tag and met the owner... he rescued her from the pound and says she was on the short list, and was going to take her back since she ran away from his house 4 time in the 3 weeks he owned her.. my wife said hell no we would keep her until we found her a good loving home...

She is not a problem to us she is very calm and relaxed... she in between 2 and 3 yrs old... very sweet dog.... she gets along great with other dogs and is house broken.... likes bones and treats when she come inside by herself after peeing outside...we can keep her we have no worries but we want her to beable to relax all the time instead of being scared of young children... my son gives her no right to be scard but she is warming up to him.... she now takes treats from his hands.... if your interested ill post a picture
Posted By: tjhook

Re: Need a buddy - 02/04/13 07:19 PM

Her name is honey
Posted By: TxBuck

Re: Need a buddy - 02/04/13 07:20 PM

Sounds like a lab is right up your alley!! take a look at some of the lab rescue dog sites, south east texas lab rescue.
Posted By: John Suits

Re: Need a buddy - 02/04/13 08:06 PM

Give me a call I have a smaller lab male that is intact that we rescued from an amimal shelter. He is up, on all shots . Send me your regular email and I will shootmsome pics of him. Hes also had about a months worth of obd.
903 268 2035
Posted By: txshotgun

Re: Need a buddy - 02/05/13 12:28 AM

Thanks for the links and tips. Sending PMs.

Just to clarify, this dog will have a big fenced yard to hang out in but indoors in bad weather and nights. I'll also be taking him/her to the farm a 3-4 times a month to hang out and maybe, if not gun shy, take 'em with me dove hunting. Just a buddy.
Posted By: labpointkennels

Re: Need a buddy - 02/05/13 02:07 AM

Marion County Animal Rescue has a nice yellow Lab that they were trying to find a home for.
Posted By: TexasPrincess

Re: Need a buddy - 02/05/13 05:12 AM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
I saw a GSP on TexasBowhunter last week. They were required to get rid of it due to adopting children. I will look.

That was us! Our GSP still needs a home. Ad was deleted from gundog forum due to it being a "classified" SHe is now listed in the classifieds. Just search AKC GSP. She'll come up
She's been submissive to other dogs, however all of our dogs are larger than her. Ive never had her around anything smaller than her. She loves car rides but she kinda bounces around the cab and thinks she belongs in your lap.
Posted By: buckshot85

Re: Need a buddy - 02/05/13 03:01 PM

That is a lab got to be hugged
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Need a buddy - 02/07/13 02:25 PM

Up on the top of this page, Kindall's friend is trying to find a home for a real nice looking Black Lab.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum