Texas Hunting Forum

Pigeons/Quail in Dallas

Posted By: BobbyLight

Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 03/01/12 05:08 AM

Looking for a place where I can buy pigeons or quail in Dallas, Garland, or Rockwall but doesn't have a minimum order (don't need 10 birds)... New puppy arrives next week and I want to expose him to birds ASAP

Posted By: 903er

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 03/01/12 11:15 AM

Can get them in Canton this weekend. Pigeons sell for $5 each at Dog Monday just Northeast of the bridge.

Posted By: huck18

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 03/01/12 02:53 PM

Bobby,

I have a guy in Haltom City just North of Ft. Worth that has a few hundred quail he can get rid of. They are $6.00 a piece. They are flight and weather conditioned birds. I have used them to plant and hunt and they do well and fly pretty hard as long as you dont dizzy them. I was actually going to pick some up on Fri. If you want I can pick up some extras for you. Just give me a call. Nothing brings out the prey drive in a pup like quail!!

Posted By: kbobbjr

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 03/01/12 09:06 PM

I've got contact information for two different guys, one in Rockwall and one in Sachse. I can send their numbers to you when I get home if you're interested.

Posted By: Royse City

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 03/04/12 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: BobbyLight
Looking for a place where I can buy pigeons or quail in Dallas, Garland, or Rockwall but doesn't have a minimum order (don't need 10 birds)... New puppy arrives next week and I want to expose him to birds ASAP

I'd sure like to get my hands on a few live pigeons as well...I'm in Royse City, so not too far away.

The quail sound good too...

Posted By: tim_2251

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 03/05/12 01:56 AM

I got pigeons in Canton today $ 4.00 each went early before the crowd.

Posted By: robert01

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 04/20/12 08:48 PM

i sure could use some info on the where abouts of some pigeons. i live in allen.

Posted By: Jimbo113

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 06/19/12 08:23 PM

If you should happen to get near Abilene give me a holler. I usually have some available. Wild caught and plenty good flyers.
Been getting 5 bucks for them lately and don't have a minimum. Just get as many as you want.
Jimbo

Posted By: JTaylor

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 06/25/12 08:40 PM

Aggie Feed store off of 175 in Dallas usually has feral pigeons. You should call them ahead of time to make sure they have some.

Aggie Feed Store Inc.
9105 C F Hawn Fwy Dallas, Texas 75217-7514.
USA tel: +1 2143913595

Posted By: Troubador

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 06/25/12 10:37 PM

A lot of feed stores

Posted By: blackbearcreek

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 07/03/12 01:08 PM

Any ideas for the Fort Worth Area? I am looking for some pigeons for training my new pup but more on in the Fort Worth Area. I would also be interested in the quail in the Haltom City area if I could get a pm on the quail raisers contact information.

Posted By: Kenyon

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 07/03/12 04:33 PM

Try your local under pass and a fishing net at night

Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 07/03/12 09:23 PM

Craigslist is a good source for pigeons and quail.

Joe

Posted By: Bryan Day

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 01/16/13 02:27 PM

I am through Abilene all the time and would love to get some quail for training my pointer and releasing on our ranch. What is a good way for me to get a hold of you next time I am through town?
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: Pigeons/Quail in Dallas - 01/17/13 03:12 PM

I have flight conditoned Quail 8 miles north of Terrell
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum