Texas Hunting Forum

Ranch Sold Lost Lease

Posted By: Oline Coach

Ranch Sold Lost Lease - 12/29/09 10:59 PM

After 11 years on the same ranch we lost our lease.If anyone has openings for as few as 2 or as many as 13, please contact. Looking at staying in the Val Verde County Area if possible.Randy Winn 830-734-8952 or PM me Thanks

Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Ranch Sold Lost Lease - 12/30/09 12:00 AM

Used to hunt about 12 miles north of Loma Alto and loved it. Try looking up W.L. Whitehead from the Chamber of Commerce site.

Very good people with alot of land around there. Bud Whitehead is the guy's name that owns the ranches. Never seen as many deer in my life as I saw when I hunted that ranch.

Posted By: FETCH_UP

Re: Ranch Sold Lost Lease - 12/30/09 03:06 AM

Should be a lot of openings coming up with the anthrax hit...we are getting off our place. I can get ya the contact info if you are really interested but like i said we got hit pretty good this year.

Posted By: Geoff927

Re: Ranch Sold Lost Lease - 12/30/09 11:40 PM

Where were you hunting that got hit with anthrax?

Re: Ranch Sold Lost Lease - 12/31/09 02:31 AM

Our place wasn't infected but his place between Pandale and Juno was apparently hit hard. We hunt about 10 miles below and didn't seem to be affected.Where do you hunt.

Posted By: Geoff927

Re: Ranch Sold Lost Lease - 12/31/09 03:04 AM

My place is in northern crockett, but I looked at at lease west of pandale/north of pumpville yesterday the land owner didn't say anything about being affected down there.

Re: Ranch Sold Lost Lease - 12/31/09 04:01 PM

If you need someone to fill the lease out my son an I might be interested. Thanks again. Happy New Year to you and yours!! Randy Winn

Re: Ranch Sold Lost Lease - 12/31/09 05:35 PM

45 miles up 1024 from hwy 90...

Re: Ranch Sold Lost Lease - 12/31/09 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Geoff927
My place is in northern crockett, but I looked at at lease west of pandale/north of pumpville yesterday the land owner didn't say anything about being affected down there.

Not saying ther are in infected but I bet my arse they dang sure wont tell you. This crap has been going on since September and its just now starting to come out...funny how all the ranchers keep quiet...all bout the $$$$$$$

Re: Ranch Sold Lost Lease - 01/01/10 03:01 PM

GEOFF thanks for the help.I called yesterday about thase two pastures in Pumpville.One was leased yesterday, the other has until Wednesday to come up with Deposit. I will take off Thursday/ Friday to go look if still avaliabls. Again Happy New Year To All

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum