Texas Hunting Forum

Opening on Lease

Posted By: bubbagunn

Opening on Lease - 09/08/09 01:50 PM

Looks like I may have an opening on my lease. Someone may be backing out due to financial difficulties. Lease is 2.5 sections of land in McCulloch County. One section is in Melvin and the remaining land is in Salt Gap. Awesome lease, all blinds and feeders are established. I man $1800.

Call if interested. 214-869-5694

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/08/09 08:46 PM

I can send pictures of the deer that have been taken if interested.

Posted By: Daddyboy

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/09/09 12:16 AM

kid friendly ?

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/09/09 01:27 PM

We take our kids to hunt but require them to be in the stand with their parents or another adult on the lease.

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/15/09 01:09 PM

TTT - This is a place where you will see a lot of deer everytime you sit down.

Posted By: cole660

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/15/09 02:18 PM

Are you allowed to bring guest or Wife?( not evertime)

Cole

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/15/09 02:53 PM

10-4. We just try to keep it under control. I had one guy that brought someone with him everytime and it aggervated the other hunters a little. He was bringing guests when we werent there so the assumption was that his guests were killing deer everytime and that he was taking advantage of the situation. We try to limit guests to cull or management deer and if the paying hunter wants his guest to take one of his "good deer" it counts towards his quota. I am pretty liberal with the kids but still try to keep it in check (I want to promote hunting with the kids but I ask that the parents supervise and hunt with their children)

Posted By: TX_Huntress

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/15/09 04:00 PM

Is this a year-round lease? Are there any exotics?

Posted By: B.K.S.

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/15/09 08:50 PM

How many total on the lease?Thanks.

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/18/09 02:12 AM

Sorry everyone for not responding in a timely manner. I've been swamped.

It is considered a year around lease but not much to do after deer season. No hogs on the place "Thank GOD"

We do not quail hunt but probably could if I OK'd it with the landowner.

There are a total of 8 hunters (counting the spot I am trying to fill) on 2 seperate sections of land (640 acres each) plus about 200 acres around the house. Oh yeah - house is included in your spot. We do have exotics but it's not something you see everytime you sit down. (I think we've harvested about 4 or 5 Axis deer in the last 3 years) I've been on this lease for 7 years and we only started seeing the axis and the random blackbuck in the last few years. One thing you will see everytime is a LOT of deer. I have several wheat fields (200 or 300 hunders acres of wheat and it is not unusual to see 70 or 80 deer at a time on any given field.

This is a BA lease.

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/18/09 11:14 AM

Okay, if this doesn't lease by this weekend then there is no hope for hunting or the economy or the world. Sounds like a BA place.

Posted By: postoak

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/18/09 12:29 PM

Let's see. 640 + 640 + 200 = 1480 acres. Divide by 8 hunters = 185 acres per hunter. Then divide $1800 by 185 = $9.72 per acre. Seems like a good deal.

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/18/09 08:55 PM

If it doesnt lease this weekend I may try to raffle some guided hunts on it to make up my loss. I know the economy is bad but this lease is worth it!!

Posted By: dfk

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/20/09 11:23 PM

Now bubba, I sent ya a PM on this and never heard back. I only asked for pics and additional info. You even offered to send pics. You can blame it on the economy but maybe just maybe you are missing opportunites by not responding. And of course I missed out on what might have been a good lease with a good bunch of guys.

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/21/09 01:39 AM

I sent pics brother. Check you spam. I can re-send if you want. I have one guy looking at it next Sunday.

Posted By: dfk

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/21/09 05:06 PM

I checked the spam bucket when I read your post... let's give er another try. Thx, dk

Posted By: crappie09

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/24/09 04:26 PM

pics to jonocarter@earthlink.net please

Posted By: Big Stamp

Re: Opening on Lease - 09/24/09 09:22 PM

Bubba..
I talked to you on the phone this week--about next year.
Can you send me some pics?
kevanstamper@yahoo.com

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum