Texas Hunting Forum

Lubbock area lease wanted

Posted By: godfather

Lubbock area lease wanted - 12/20/23 05:38 PM

My daughter is starting Tech in the fall so I thought I would look for a lease out that way, Getting to see my kid more and hunt sounds like win win to me. Because I always had family property I’m pretty new to leases except for 2 small leases where I was the only hunter. I’m management minded and often go years without taking a buck, it’s the experience that I enjoy. I do have a younger son that I would hunt with so the lease would need allow family. If you have a spot opening up or have pointers on where to look for a place I’d appreciate the help. Thanks much and have a merry Christmas.
Bart
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Lubbock area lease wanted - 12/20/23 11:13 PM

What's your budget?

Re: Lubbock area lease wanted - 12/20/23 11:54 PM

I guess that depends on the size of the place, if there is a camp and if there are any restrictive rules. I don’t mind rules in general but I’ve read some lease offering that were outside what I consider reasonable. Bucks must be 86 years old 900’ inch B&C net and on the target list or you loose your $16k investment. The other side of that is I wouldn’t like to be on a brown is down place if I paid top dollar.
Posted By: Hoytbowhunter

Re: Lubbock area lease wanted - 12/21/23 12:42 AM

Good pheasant hunting, out that way also I’ve heard. Good luck on your search.

Re: Lubbock area lease wanted - 12/21/23 05:58 PM

I never considered pheasant hunting in Texas until I started looking for leases out that way, that would be a major bonus to me. I have an English Pointer that would be over the moon if we had a place to get on some birds regularly.
Bart
Posted By: Panhandler

Re: Lubbock area lease wanted - 12/21/23 09:01 PM

Haven't had good pheasant hunting out here in at least 10 years, probably closer to 15. As far as a deer lease, you will probably have the best luck looking off the caprock; about an hour East around Dickens, or an hour South near post

Re: Lubbock area lease wanted - 01/03/24 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Panhandler
Haven't had good pheasant hunting out here in at least 10 years, probably closer to 15. As far as a deer lease, you will probably have the best luck looking off the caprock; about an hour East around Dickens, or an hour South near post

Thanks for the tip, I spoke to someone today in one of the areas you recommended and have a promising lead. Take care and happy new year.

Re: Lubbock area lease wanted - 01/16/24 08:17 PM

Still looking. Thanks
Posted By: SmalljawNH

Re: Lubbock area lease wanted - 02/08/24 12:17 AM

I sent a PM
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum