Texas Hunting Forum

Price / acre of year round lease near Hamilton County

Posted By: John53

Price / acre of year round lease near Hamilton County - 06/09/20 06:17 PM

We are checking prices of hunting leases in and around Hamilton County to compare with what we are being quoted. Any info would be appreciated.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Price / acre of year round lease near Hamilton County - 06/09/20 06:25 PM

Lots of variables, does it have a house, water, electricity, trailer hookups and such? Is it all wooded or is it open, are there fields? Other amenities? I would say your starting price would be about $12 an acre.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Price / acre of year round lease near Hamilton County - 06/09/20 08:00 PM

also size of ranch, density of hunters ...
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Price / acre of year round lease near Hamilton County - 06/09/20 09:57 PM

Yep, $10 - $12 unless it has something special going for it.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Price / acre of year round lease near Hamilton County - 06/11/20 12:06 PM

We were paying $15 an acre for mld with a house.... went up to about 21/acre before we let it go
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Price / acre of year round lease near Hamilton County - 06/14/20 02:59 AM

Not a lot of leases around here that I know of....A few of the larger ranches have been sold to be broke up for ranchette subdivisions...
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Price / acre of year round lease near Hamilton County - 06/14/20 05:36 AM

Facebook price, $30 to $50 an acre. Know someone on a lease $12. We pay $10 but not Hamilton but about same distance.
Posted By: salex

Re: Price / acre of year round lease near Hamilton County - 07/05/20 07:32 PM

Anything less than $15 an acre is a good price. I think $15-$25 is more common; especailly if some type of lodging is included. $10 an acre places are either not good, the owner does know the market, the owner really likes the group currently leasing or some combination of things. But $10is not common for a solid place to hunt around Hamilton.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Price / acre of year round lease near Hamilton County - 07/08/20 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by salex
Anything less than $15 an acre is a good price. I think $15-$25 is more common; especailly if some type of lodging is included. $10 an acre places are either not good, the owner does know the market, the owner really likes the group currently leasing or some combination of things. But $10is not common for a solid place to hunt around Hamilton.

Agree. You have several metro areas who can travel there easily. And the land topography is different from many areas.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum