Texas Hunting Forum

need a place to work bird dogs

Posted By: SterndogKennels

need a place to work bird dogs - 06/08/15 05:06 AM

I live in SW Fort Worth and I am looking for a field at least 30 acres to work dogs. Preferably just open pasture. Working dogs for field trials. Would bring pen raised quail and pigeons out to property.... I would be happy to work out a lease for cash or improvement to property....Thanks
Posted By: pervis

Re: need a place to work bird dogs - 06/08/15 06:49 PM

I have 70 acres in haskell. My neighbor across the st has 100 but is finicky about shooting a gun. I live basically on lewisville lake the end of my street is flooded, good for swim lessons. At the other end of my st is two schools where u could run the dogs in the back, but couldn't fire a gun. If any of that helps let me know
Posted By: sasqy 1302

Re: need a place to work bird dogs - 06/08/15 09:04 PM

there is actually a place on joe pool lake that is for field trials not many people know about it but it is right off of lake ridge parkway excellent indian grass fields and cedar thickets. Look it up
Posted By: SterndogKennels

Re: need a place to work bird dogs - 06/08/15 11:48 PM

Thank you both for your input. Unfortunately they both are a bit farther then I would want to travel. I am looking to have something I could go to after my work day. It would have to be within an hour commute of SW Fort Worth/Granbury....
Posted By: Booner1

Re: need a place to work bird dogs - 06/10/15 05:48 PM

They have a special section on the LBJ Grasslands where you can work your dogs. It's in between Decatur and Alvord and that isn't very from Ft. Worth. If you need directions to that property, send me a p.m. and I can get then to you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum