Texas Hunting Forum

Bow Deer Lease available- Lake Brownwood

Posted By: techzan

Bow Deer Lease available- Lake Brownwood - 04/06/14 07:37 PM

I found a 600 acre lease on the north side of Lake Brownwood that's available now. This is a year round lease. It's bow only for deer. Guns are okay for turkey, dove, predators, etc. Non deer hunting guests & family is fine. They can only shoot a pig or something. In other words, no deer hunting for them. There's an established campsite with water & electricity hookups, a storage shed & small camper. Fishing is allowed in the tank. This pasture is part of a 2000 acre ranch that produces some nice deer. It's not my land. I am planning on being a part of the lease. No more than 6 hunters will be on the lease. I'm going out there on Saturday, May 17th to check it out. If you're interested send me a PM with your phone number & I'll call you. The landowner said he can show 1,000's of game cam pics but isn't going to download & email them. He said he wants this to be a hassle free process. The landowner said he wasn't thrilled about having 20 people show up on May 17th but "he'd think about it". I have a hunch if I can find 3-5 other serious hunters who can show up that afternoon with cash in hand (1/2 due then & the other 1/2 due just before deer season starts) that he'd let all of us check it out before giving him the deposit that day. He said the previous group of hunters were on this lease for about 6 years but a few had kids and couldn't hunt much anymore.

Re: Bow Deer Lease available- Lake Brownwood - 04/06/14 07:39 PM

Oh, I forgot to add that he encourages varmint hunting. He said there are lots of hogs there- he captured 20 hogs recently.

Re: Bow Deer Lease available- Lake Brownwood - 04/06/14 08:40 PM

I forgot to say how much. It's 10K total so if there are 6 hunters total then it's $1,666. 4 hunters = $2,500.
Posted By: jono3bb

Re: Bow Deer Lease available- Lake Brownwood - 04/07/14 07:25 PM

So the 600 acres is part of 2000 he owns? How wooded is the lease, % wise? Will it be exclusive to the 4-6 people that pay up or can he day lease it out if he wants to? Thanks for any addtl info u may provide

Re: Bow Deer Lease available- Lake Brownwood - 04/08/14 01:57 AM

Yes, the 600 acres is part of the 2000 acres they own. I will know in a few days the approximate % of how wooded it is but I have hunch it will be full by then. There are currently two spots available. If you go to www.texasbowhunter.com & do a search for "lease" you will see a thread about this lease. There are very good pictures & comments from previous hunters from this lease. There's also a good comment from a neighboring hunter. It's exclusive to 6 hunters. There will be no day leasing.

Re: Bow Deer Lease available- Lake Brownwood - 04/18/14 02:38 PM

I checked out the place last weekend and got it. There are 2 spots available. I took a ton of pictures and can email them to you. Check out the thread on www.texasbowhunter.com about this lease. A few people who were on the lease for the last 7 years posted some pictures and said great things about it along with some other hunters who hunt on the north end of this lease.
Posted By: freonfreak82

Re: Bow Deer Lease available- Lake Brownwood - 04/18/14 03:22 PM

you have a pm

Re: Bow Deer Lease available- Lake Brownwood - 04/19/14 06:40 PM

Sorry but the 2 remaining spots were taken last night.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum