Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting for a Hunting Lease

Posted By: JBJTX81

Hunting for a Hunting Lease - 12/27/13 03:35 AM

So heres the problem...Have an amazing sweetheart deal of a lease in Comanche Co. We've been on the same lease for the last 12 years. We have have a nice house on the place, its 2 hrs from home. We have really managed the property and shoot 1-3 150's each year. It's a year round lease (dove duck turkey pigs varmits deer). I could have never asked for a better lease. However, the land owners have enterned into an agreement and they have just started building roads and other infrastructure for electricity generating windmills. I had really hope I would hunt this property for the rest of my life. I know that's not reasonable but it was/is a great place. So my family have started the search for 2014. I can put you in contact with the land owners. They will give us glowing references. By all accounts we are good leasees. We do not drink smoke or party. We tread lightly and will be leaving the property and herd in better condition than we found out. We are willing to hunt anywhere in TX but the Edwards Plateau. We are willing to share with other leasees or just have a place for the family. I need 5 guns minimum but could guarantee 10+. Of course price is a factor but we don't mind paying a premium for premium property. If you know of anything, anywhere, please message me with a contact. My father is retired and can drive anywhere anytime to look a property over and negotiate a deal. Thanks! JJ
Posted By: goosecrazy

Re: Hunting for a Hunting Lease - 01/01/14 03:02 AM

They will not allow you to still hunt the property? I had a lease several years ago out west that had windmills and never had issues.
Posted By: JBJTX81

Re: Hunting for a Hunting Lease - 01/01/14 06:15 AM

No hunting while turbines are erected per owner of turbines. No hunting within specified distance of turbines after being erected. The surveying and road building has already goofed up much huting this year. I can only imagine what it will be like with full crew of workers and then the maintenace after the fact.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum