Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for liability insurance

Posted By: Meat man

Looking for liability insurance - 04/02/13 01:56 AM

What is the best insurance company or organization for lease liability insurance?
Posted By: aeb

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/02/13 02:16 AM

Do you own the place or are you leasing?

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/02/13 02:26 AM

We are leasing
Posted By: texas wetlands

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/02/13 11:11 AM

Davis-Garvin Agency In South Carolina. The used to write policies for hunting whether you were leaseing or the land owner. I have bought policies from them several times for Texas properties. Very easy to deal with.
Posted By: twindad

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/02/13 02:25 PM

That brings up a good question. Is it normal for the landowner to carry the liability insurance or for the leasees to carry it?
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/02/13 02:32 PM

If you are leasing then why do you need liability insurance?
Posted By: Aggieivy

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/02/13 05:48 PM

Most landowners require lessees to have liability insurance that will cover any damage to the property that you cause--or protect the landowner if someone is injured. This is usually done through a written lease whereby the lessee agrees to indemnify the landowner for such things and the only way to ensure that the lessee would have the funds, the landowner usually requires the lessee to take out a policy and list the landowner as an additional insured.

The price of a policy is usually done by acreage. Most insurance agencies don't do this so you may want to try someone who "specializes" in hunting lease insurance to get a better deal.
Posted By: Cub Flyer

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/02/13 05:51 PM

Have your members check their home owners policies. My policy is through State Farm, and I am covered by my policy while on my lease. The coverage is up to the full amount of my liablity.

My agent was able to add the Land Owner for my lease as an "also insured." Provided that to my land owner and all was good.

No extra costs either. My only complaint about my policy is that my firearms collection is covered for a total of $5000, and the only way I can increase the coverage is to drag the entire collection off to have an appraisal done.
Posted By: don k

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/02/13 07:19 PM

I get mine through the Farm Bureau. Cheapest for the amount of coverage I found.

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/02/13 09:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Most places I have found are 15 cents an acre with 1000 acre minimum
Posted By: huntinraider

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/08/13 01:10 AM

Clayton Stillwell at Farm bureau is the man, (817) 300-3477
Posted By: whitetailfanatic

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/09/13 11:10 PM

Try the NWTF or QDMA.COM
Posted By: Atlas

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/10/13 01:33 AM

Good info, thanks
Posted By: Justin - Allstate Forney

Re: Looking for liability insurance - 04/13/13 01:56 PM

If you have a GOOD homeowners policy or Renter's policy, the liability portion of that policy should cover you. Check with your agent. Top brands like Allstate, will cover your liability worldwide, but of course there are also some exceptions as far as alcohol and drugs go.

But if you look hard enough someone will sell you a policy you don't need as currently in California you can purchase Zombie insurance!!! Lol...

Save the extra money for feed,
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum