Texas Hunting Forum

What would you charge

Posted By: DuckKiller2010

What would you charge - 11/26/12 07:15 PM

For a year round lease, 7000+- acres, with 1000 acres of wheat planted annually. South of Childress. River thru the middle of the ranch with a natural underground spring feeding it. Year round natural water. Whitetails, Muledeer, hogs, quail, ducks, dove, etc. No house but 2 barns big enough to hold 8 trailers/campers with electricity and water. In MLD currently and will continue if I take over. 6-10 guns with 2 guests allowed to fill your tags if you want them to.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 07:19 PM

6 hunters at $1000 a gun...I will take all 6 spots grin

I love the panhandle, but it is typically over hunted. I was on a place close to there that has 6 hunters at $1800/gun and is 6k acres. Another place I looked at has 10 hunters at $3750/gun and is 3500 acres.

I guess it all depends on what you want to do with the it and how much you want to make.
Posted By: changedmyname

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 07:20 PM

Don't know what I would charge but if this place is yours and you are gonna lease it let me know.

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 07:30 PM

It is not mine. A lady I used to lease from just bought it and approached me about being the lease manager. I am going to look at it Saturday.

She bought it from a man who has owned it for 4 years and only shot 5 deer off it supposedly. (I don't know how he could keep his MLD only shooting 5 deer in 4 years)

It will be managed for trophy deer. There will be rules on bucks that can be taken so no one is shooting deer under a certain score and age unless they need to be culled, etc.

I was thinking between $3,500 to $4,500 per gun. Plus there will be designated weekends if you want to bring the whole family and stuff like that.

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 07:31 PM

Also, I used to hunt in that area and know some leases can go for as much as $10K per gun because of the herd quality.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 07:33 PM

1500 to 2k a gun... you could get more no dout...but you would make people happy

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 07:33 PM

And I am not looking to make substantial money, just enough to cover my costs of managing it.

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 07:41 PM

Too rich for me and I need a place I can bring the family whenever.
Posted By: Armalite260

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckKiller2010
Also, I used to hunt in that area and know some leases can go for as much as $10K per gun because of the herd quality.

eeks333
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 08:24 PM

I say one person for $100 a year......where do I sign?

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: BowTech82ndAB
eeks333

Is this to me?

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: iliketohunt
Originally Posted By: BowTech82ndAB
eeks333

Is this to me?

No sir, I messed up with my post..

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 08:52 PM

There are leases that go for that much. Ever hunted or heard of the Triangle Ranch. When we got off of it, they were getting $12K per gun for a deer permit.

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 09:33 PM

I don't doubt it. I've heard of ranches charging that much in south TX, but I'm sure it's all over.. Way too rich for my blood.. flehan
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 09:53 PM

Would depend on the amount of tags you are issued. For that kind of money there better be plenty of deer to shoot.

I know for a fact leases south of Corrizo go for $14 to $16 per acre and they shoot 120 deer per year on 5500 acres. That is some of the best hunting in Texas period.

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 10:09 PM

Tag #'s will be dependent upon herd count and MLD fulfillment requirements.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 10:19 PM

Exactly but I would think it might be a tough sell without knowing those numbers. If it has been in MLD prior the landowner should be able to provide these documents. Plus it might be beneficial to make a phone call to the biologist to get an idea of what the tag count could potentially be.

Point being I would strongly consider paying a considerable amount for a lease like this but would want to know exactly what I was getting for my money.
Posted By: txhunter08

Re: What would you charge - 11/26/12 10:36 PM

1500 to 2000 would be a fair price and have work days where everybody gets together and helps get the place in shape and good comradier

Re: What would you charge - 11/27/12 01:46 AM

I am in the very beginning of this. Going to look the ranch over Saturday and discuss a lot of stuff with the owner.

Re: What would you charge - 11/27/12 02:03 AM

Well if it ends up closer to $2000 let me know.
Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: What would you charge - 11/27/12 06:20 AM

im thinking 2500 tops
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: What would you charge - 11/27/12 11:34 AM

I have seen a lot of lease in and around that area go for 1500 to 2500. Most are 1800 to 2000 with year around water.
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: What would you charge - 11/27/12 11:36 AM

Let me know what you find out. I will be looking into getting one around there next year.
Posted By: txfishnhunt04

Re: What would you charge - 11/27/12 02:51 PM

Sounds like something I would be interested as well. Let me know what you find out.
Posted By: Emil

Re: What would you charge - 11/28/12 04:43 AM

For sure let me know

Re: What would you charge - 11/28/12 02:33 PM

I was supposed to look at it on Saturday, but the ranch foreman cancelled because he is have to move cattle. Looking at it next week. I will keep everyone updated.
Posted By: txfishnhunt04

Re: What would you charge - 11/28/12 03:11 PM

Thanks for the update!
Posted By: edin76051

Re: What would you charge - 12/07/12 07:34 PM

You might have a hard time at $3500 or more per gun until you have a proven track record. People can say managed all day long but that doesn't happen overnight. Land and game management takes time and resources. Someone better have some cash to get things started like stocking, people aren't going to pay big bucks for whatever happens to be there. Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: family man

Re: What would you charge - 12/07/12 11:03 PM

The average rate for around there is 1500 to 2500 per person. This would be your standard price. What you have to concentrate on real hard is the rules and regulations for this property and what contributions are expected for each person. On the average a single person will spend an extra 1,000 to 3,000 extra just for feed and camp set up, etc. So in reality you cant charge alot the first year or two until everything is established.
Posted By: family man

Re: What would you charge - 12/07/12 11:07 PM

Also based on the 2010 wildlife consenus for texas, there is actually more family involved hunting based on hunting license issued. You would have a better selection if you alloweed more of a family involvement than you initially stated. Nothing better than seeing a loved one take a animal of choice, lasting memories
Posted By: bu2herndog

Re: What would you charge - 12/08/12 01:45 AM

MOST leases in that general area that I see go for $1500-$2500. $3500+ seems like a stretch, but I am sure there are some people willing to pay.
Posted By: BMD

Re: What would you charge - 12/08/12 02:02 AM

It is not mine. A lady I used to lease from just bought it and approached me about being the lease manager. I am going to look at it Saturday.

She bought it from a man who has owned it for 4 years and only shot 5 deer off it supposedly. (I don't know how he could keep his MLD only shooting 5 deer in 4 years)

It will be managed for trophy deer. There will be rules on bucks that can be taken so no one is shooting deer under a certain score and age unless they need to be culled, etc.

I was thinking between $3,500 to $4,500 per gun. Plus there will be designated weekends if you want to bring the whole family and stuff like that.

Too high and too many rules already. Just my .02. Put a good group together that are doing the right thing. You start telling people they cant bring their kids or wife then why would any one ant to put up with a deer Natzii. I am the one that handles our lease we have no guest during deer season per landowner. But immediate family are welcome any time. We have no rules other than we are all trying to do the right thing and we are taking great deer and have zero issues. and 3k is closer to right price.
Posted By: Texican

Re: What would you charge - 12/08/12 02:43 PM

How many guns?
Posted By: Rustler

Re: What would you charge - 12/08/12 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Texican
How many guns?

For a year round lease, 7000+- acres, with 1000 acres of wheat planted annually. South of Childress. River thru the middle of the ranch with a natural underground spring feeding it. Year round natural water. Whitetails, Muledeer, hogs, quail, ducks, dove, etc. No house but 2 barns big enough to hold 8 trailers/campers with electricity and water. In MLD currently and will continue if I take over. 6-10 guns with 2 guests allowed to fill your tags if you want them to.

Re: What would you charge - 12/08/12 03:47 PM

I agree with bmd. I had missed it before but no way I'd pay any amount to have designated weekends for family. I don't get to hunt on a regular schedule due to my work so when I get to go I'm not gonna hope mydays off just happen to be a time where I can bring them.
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: What would you charge - 12/08/12 03:50 PM

5 guns max
$3k per gun

Let me know if you end up in this range as I may be interested. Any more guns than that and I'm out.
Posted By: BMD

Re: What would you charge - 12/08/12 03:55 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Rustler

Re: What would you charge - 12/08/12 04:10 PM

I agree with 5 guns, but, $2.15 per acre? rofl

popcorn bolt
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: What would you charge - 12/08/12 04:13 PM

I understand that...they will pack 10-12 guns on it and get max $ per acre I'm sure...

That's why hunting the panhandle isn't the same anymore. Way too many hunters per acre.
Posted By: Texican

Re: What would you charge - 12/08/12 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Rustler
Originally Posted By: Texican
How many guns?

bang
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: What would you charge - 12/10/12 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: BMD

Too high and too many rules already. Just my .02. Put a good group together that are doing the right thing. You start telling people they cant bring their kids or wife then why would any one ant to put up with a deer Natzii. I am the one that handles our lease we have no guest during deer season per landowner. But immediate family are welcome any time. We have no rules other than we are all trying to do the right thing and we are taking great deer and have zero issues. and 3k is closer to right price.

This!
Posted By: FreerOrBust

Re: What would you charge - 12/10/12 01:38 AM

I charge my buddies 5 bags of corn and food to feed me for the camping lol

Re: What would you charge - 12/10/12 05:18 PM

See the new post 6,700 acre lease in CEE VEE in Land and Leases section if you are still interested in this.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum