Texas Hunting Forum

Please somebody be a man of word

Posted By: Focusshot

Please somebody be a man of word - 10/26/11 03:43 PM

I have been looking for a lease for 3 months now. I find two at the same time, both very nice leases. I set arrangements for one this weekend and back out of the other which is now filled. I get a email saying the one I was going to pay for this weekend has been filled. I am a very responsible hunter. I have hunted for years and have many trophys on the wall. I have a good budget. Please let me know what you have for a year round lease. I am not looking for a basket rack lease.

Posted By: bentman

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 10/26/11 07:00 PM

good luck

Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 10/26/11 08:05 PM

Good luck. But a word of advise. Money talks and BS walks. Get there with the money first. If you hesitate somebody will put their money down and cut you out. Again, good luck.

Posted By: cameron00

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 10/27/11 12:54 PM

You're shopping in an under-supplied, over-demanded market. What does anyone have to gain by waiting on you to get there and check things out if they've got 5 other people that want the property as well?

I went through this when I bought my last house. I'd go see one, figure out that we liked it, think about it for a day or so and then write an offer. And it'd be under contract. Ended up having to write a full-price offer as I was walking out the door having seen the house at 9 a.m. the first day it was on the market. Submitted offer, demanded immediate response (said we were offering on 3 houses that day), and then personally drove contract over for signing. Guy got 5 more offers, 2 of which were higher than mine within an hour of signing.

Gotta go get it! Sounds like you're in a good situation with funds though, so you'll be fine.

Posted By: Brian Ram-z

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 10/27/11 02:36 PM

That has nothing to do with a man keeping his word! Just my 2 cents.

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 10/27/11 04:16 PM

Here is why I am upset I rearrange my whole schedule, have money in hand, and someone else on the lease sells the spot. I told the guy I was dealing with that I could come down there as soon as he could. It is not his fault, it is the fact that these leases are like HOA's. Nobody communicates with eachother and they lose out on a person who understands MLD hunting to the fullest and money is no object. Just ashame that people can't be on the same page.

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 10/27/11 04:18 PM

A word of advice for all hunting leases, Let one person handle the rules, regulations, and lease spots so you can eliminate these problems and everyone is on the same page.

Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 10/27/11 09:11 PM

I look for leases year around just to upgrade my status if something comes along. I can't tell you the number of times I have been beat out by people who pay the money without ever looking at the place. It flat out amazes me.

Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 10/31/11 02:39 AM

The lease I am on now in Sutton County was that way. A friend of mine called me and said "we have 1 opening". I had never seen the place or even been to that area. I drove straight over there and handed him a check. It was another month before I could even go look at it. I figured it was worth the gamble and if it was no good I would just move on. Been hunting there 3 years now and love it!

Posted By: aeb

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 10/31/11 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Focusshot
A word of advice for all hunting leases, Let one person handle the rules, regulations, and lease spots so you can eliminate these problems and everyone is on the same page.

I have a great group of guys that lease from me and we visit alot about the lease, feeders, etc. but they all understand that that I deal only with their designated leader.

Posted By: HAWKEYE911

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 11/03/11 05:40 AM

If you already had communication problems with them and you weren't on the lease yet, you are prob. better off going somewhere else anyway.

Posted By: Bullets & Broadheads TV

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 11/03/11 03:23 PM

I have let hunters look at my propeties then give them a chance to think about getting the lease. Then they dont go thru with the deal. I have spent hours showing properties and have taken time to meet people and they dont show up or let you know they are not going to make it. My advice, if you look at a place and like it then you need to lease the property, it not the next guy will.

Posted By: Ronman

Re: Please somebody be a man of word - 11/04/11 04:06 PM

pm sent

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum