Texas Hunting Forum

!!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: bullzibrat

!!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/20/11 03:19 AM

I know a lot of men think that it ain't a deer lease if you can't drink, cuss, cheat on your wife, etc.... I'm sorry if I dissapoint y'all by trying to get away from that.......

Title says it all........
I'm looking for a lease for me and my wife. I don't care if we are the only hunters or if we are with a whole group of folks as long as its a good environment.
I'd prefer it to be within 2 hours or so of Bridgeport.
I also want to say, before I get slammed from every direction, I know it is stupid to be looking for a lease when I have 30,000+ acres to hunt local, but it just ain't the same when you stay at home every night.
All of the places are within 45 minutes. We want to be just far enough to "escape reality" yet close enough that if there is an emergency we can get home.
We are both primarily bow hunters so a bow only lease would be fine but either is fine.
If there is only room for one hunter, that'll be fine as this lease is mainly for her.
Most of my hunting takes place out of state.

God bless,
JJ French
Please feel free to PM/call/text me. My number is 817-296-7450

Posted By: txhunter24

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/20/11 03:27 AM

JJ if I come across any openings from people at my church I will let you know. Im glad youre looking for a Christian place for your family to hunt. Makes me happy to see good Christian men being good examples for their families. cheers

Posted By: Fyrfyter

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/20/11 03:50 AM

I would like to know about any openings on such a place as well. Want a place to take my daughter (9 years old) to this year that aligns itself with our beliefs and convictions as well.

Posted By: Tx-XDm

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/20/11 04:39 AM

Hi,
My grown son and I are also looking for such a lease.
If we could find someplace within 2 hours of Greenville we would love it, somewhere around Paris and Clarkesville would fit perfectly,
We don't smoke, drink or cuss, and believe in the Word.
Very careful bow and rifle hunters for deer, turkey and varmits.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/20/11 10:53 PM

Thanks TXhunter!
Bump TTT

Posted By: terry2793

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/20/11 11:32 PM

I am glad to see such a person myself. I don't care to be around the same either. A little is one thing, but would like somewhere where it's more pleasant for younger kids and wives. Feel free to PM me if you find something in your area if you need someone else.

Posted By: StraitShot

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/20/11 11:56 PM

WOW - it did my heart good just to see this.. I felt really stupid once posting up for a lease and explaining that I don't smoke, drink or cuss, do work hard and respect the land.. and am teaching my kids to do the same... seems like those things should be a given but I know many times they aren't.

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/21/11 03:05 PM

How boutcha???

Posted By: bayourat

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/21/11 05:15 PM

How many would be interested in such a place. It makes it easier to find the right place when you know how many people your dealing with. I picked up a big place to run hunts on next year so I may let a couple of my small places go.

Posted By: BOB7

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/21/11 05:18 PM

how big a place are you looking for and whats your budget ?

Posted By: hunterken

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/21/11 09:15 PM

Hey it is good to hear of guys that are like that. We have 4 in our group who would be interested in joining a lease such as this. We also do not drink or party and we are very family oriented. If you need spots filled let me know. You can pm me. I think it would be awesome to get a group of guys together that believe in the same thing....JESUS!!

Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/21/11 09:38 PM

I know a few guys who would love to get on a lease with this sort of approach. Many in my church hunt. Some are looking for a lease. We are in Fort Worth.

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/21/11 10:34 PM

I'm not real picky, what y'all got? Please PM me

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/22/11 12:35 AM

Hey we are pretty open as well. Looking to keep cost around 1000.00 to 1200.00. Let me know we live up around Dallas.

Posted By: twostrike

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/22/11 02:11 AM

my wife and I would be interested in a lease like that also. Any place with 4 hours of DFW.

Posted By: JohnRussell

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/22/11 08:51 AM

I tried to find something similar, but was afraid there would be too far a 'shift', I mean, I wanted a family place, but the one ad I came across sounded like they met each morning and evening for bible study and I don't cuss in front of women and kids, well, I try hard not to, and I don't need beer, but don't mind if others do, but there has to be a happy medium.

Good luck in your search. If you want a copy of the ad I saw, let me know via a PM and I will send you the info. It may be right up the alley of what you are looking for.

I opted to start looking for my own land to buy.

R

Posted By: NewGulf

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/22/11 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: bullzibrat
God bless,
JJ French
Please feel free to PM/call/text me. My number is 817-296-7450

are you the same JJ French that played lead guitar for Twisted Sister back int he 80's??? flame

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/22/11 04:16 PM

I might be interested if within 3 hours of DFW, give or take a little. Just me and kid.

Posted By: StraitShot

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/22/11 09:06 PM

I'd be interested if some like this came together. There is a time to worship (sabbath) and a time to work (hunting lease) but it always does well to be grateful (sabbath and lease).

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/23/11 05:39 AM

Holy Post Hi-Jacking going on here

Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/23/11 11:36 AM

I'll look around and see what I can find.

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/23/11 02:41 PM

Lol. That's what I thought, but I'm a nice guy and wasn't going to say anything. Turd
wink

Brother in-law

"Holy Post Hi-Jacking going on here"

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/24/11 12:18 AM

Bullz, I didn't mean to hijack your thread so my apologies to you. As I said, was impressed to see your post and makes my heart glad to see more postings. Good luck on finding a good lease!

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/24/11 12:42 AM

i'm getting a new place and might be interested in leasing a place in king co. just for bow hunting.(1-2 hunters or couple or family)
300 acres 25 % pasture, trees, and brush, 75% grassland with scatterd brush.
water and elec. are there but not sure what amperage is required for a for a camping trailer.
i'm going to live on the place(1 mile away) and bow hunt turkey, but not the deer.
so i might be interested with the agreement i still get to hunt turkey.
my neighbor said he is getting 15 an acre

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/24/11 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: BOB7
i'm getting a new place and might be interested in leasing a place in king co. just for bow hunting.(1-2 hunters or couple or family)
300 acres 25 % pasture, trees, and brush, 75% grassland with scatterd brush.
water and elec. are there but not sure what amperage is required for a for a camping trailer.
i'm going to live on the place(1 mile away) and bow hunt turkey, but not the deer.
so i might be interested with the agreement i still get to hunt turkey.
my neighbor said he is getting 15 an acre

price would be negotiable for the right deal

Posted By: Superior Taxidermy

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/24/11 02:18 AM

God bless all of you ! Good luck, hang in there and you will find what your looking for, not ALL leases are a BEER lease...

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/24/11 08:30 PM

TTT

Posted By: jayb

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/25/11 02:56 AM

please keep me in mind also. Moved here 2yrs ago from Pa and still haven't enjoyed a true Tx hunt. Money is tight since God blessed me w/ a beautiful daughter but I'm not picky. Just love a place where I'm not competiting w/ all of DFW. Lately I'm all traditional archery so meat hunter here and would be estatic just to see deer and get a doe. Sure would love a monster buck but being outdoors is higher on my prioritites now. Any help would be appreciated. Please Pm me any info.
Thanks and God bless
Jay

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/25/11 04:19 PM

Posted By: boliverpete

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/25/11 06:40 PM

Sounds like we need to start a hunting club up

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/11 04:35 AM

Or at least an archery club!

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/11 04:42 AM

Yeah would be nice to find a place big enough and resonable enough price wise for all who have shown intrest to get on. How cool of a group would that be

Posted By: tnicholson8

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/11 08:12 PM

I would also like to be a part of this. I am a college student at Hardin Simmons University who is looking for a christian lease. So please keep me updated. Thank you guys!!

Posted By: boliverpete

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/26/11 09:37 PM

I know they are doing something similar to this on the TBH forum. Get enough guys together of like mind who are seriously interested and you'd have enough guns to get a large property. Of course the key is to set the ground rules and have a definite group in place then find the property to fit the group. I'd be up for something like that.

Posted By: L.West

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 01/27/11 11:09 PM

I think a Christian club would be great!!!

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/06/11 11:48 PM

TTT

Posted By: Wheelie

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/07/11 03:42 PM

bullzibrat send me a pm

wee

Posted By: 12thman

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/07/11 10:03 PM

I like this post!

Posted By: Wheelie

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/07/11 10:20 PM

Hope the "anti Christian lawyers union" ACLU doesn't see this, lol

wee

Posted By: Tbar

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/07/11 10:57 PM

CHRISTIAN lease......check

We are both primarily bow hunters so a bow only lease would be fine......check

I'd prefer it to be within 2 hours or so of Bridgeport......uncheck

Tbar

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/08/11 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Tbar

Tbar

What's wrong with being within 2 hours of Bridgeport???

Posted By: Tbar

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/08/11 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Tbar

Tbar

What's wrong with being within 2 hours of Bridgeport???

It eliminates our ranch which is 5-6 hrs from Bridgeport.

Tbar

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/08/11 06:54 PM

How does South of Santa Anna, in Coleman county sound to everybody. I didn't lease this place last year and I can still get it. Its 2000 acres pretty good hunting close to town.

Posted By: tgil

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/08/11 11:50 PM

Hi Tim, keeping an eye on this thread

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/09/11 05:29 PM

Good to see you other Tim. You not staying on your lease up North?

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/11/11 03:45 AM

Santa anna still an option???
TTT
I can travel further if it's between here and Amarillo. There is a good chance I'll be transferring up there in the next few days
Thanks y'all
God bless

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/11/11 04:00 AM

I know a lot of men think that it ain't a deer lease if you can't drink, cuss, cheat on your wife, etc.... I'm sorry if I dissapoint y'all by trying to get away from that.......

What kind of places do you hunt on?

I've been around alot of hunting camps, we do some drinking and a swear word and dirty jokes makes there way around camp, but i've never been at a camp where drinking and womenizing had been an issue, especially when there were young kids, which was usually the case

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/11/11 04:50 PM

I've never been on a deer lease. I just went with my uncle a few times a year from the age of 6-21 and it was ridiculous. I did it to spend time with my uncle and to learn to hunt. I bet a camp of 6-10 men and women would drink $300 worth of whiskey, rum, and beer in a weekend. They also cussed like sailors and told dirty jokes and still do all of the above.
In my opinion this is not a good mix with family or guns.
That is not the environment I want my kids or wife around. I don't even want to be around it myself. I want a good, honest, pure, Christian environment for them.
I'm sorry if you do not understand.

Posted By: bowassin

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/12/11 03:19 AM

I'm in for a Christian hunting club
I have 16 yr old son
Buddy and his 13 yr old son
We have a small lease in carbon with
Just the 4 of us not alot of deer
Tons of hogs but getting away with the
Boys is what it's all about for me

Posted By: MexBowhunter

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/12/11 04:45 PM

JJ I could not agree more!! I hope you find a great place and there is a spot for me. What you describe is exactly what I have been looking for as well. Nothing fanatical, just consistent with the beliefs and behaviors I want my child exposed to.

Keep up the search and thanks for your courage, I'm thrilled to see the number of like minded Christian people out there looking to develop this opportunity. Let me know what I can do to help.

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/12/11 06:25 PM

i think a group of guys like this would be more appealing to land owners than a group of guys thats going drink half the night while driving all over your land spot lighting varmits and throwing beer bottles out the window.

i know it really bothers me to see empty deer corn sacks on the side of the road that has blown out of a hunters pickup and i'm sure it bothers the land owners as well.
most of the land owners are ranchers so grass is their "crop"
when hunters bring in feeders and fence them off for the cattle, drive their utv's all over and shoot the cows with a bb gun for hanging around the feeder and etc(we've all read the "stupid cows post")
lots of land owners will not lease to hunters just for that reason.
i know a guy that has 320 acres leased for him and his son's for 1500.00 a year just because the land owners like the guy and he respects the land.

point being i think this group has an advantage over some others.

Posted By: A.B.

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/13/11 06:22 AM

Alot of the reasons I got off my long time lease was the drinking and behavior. I have never been a drinker and didnt feel that with Joshua coming up it was a good place for him to be, so I packed up and moved on. Those guys are still all together and still great friends. They have matured and most have become born again. They tell me I should come back, but the other reason I left is still a big problem. The deer in Menard county still aint as big as the ones in Collingsworth or Donley counties.

Posted By: prohunter2011

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/13/11 04:15 PM

we are all christians and all love to hunt but come on lighten up you dont have to stop your life to hunt on a lease with people that dont take it to the level you take it.You all can find a place in the middle.Most guys respect kids and women when in camp and such.And a little drinking will not hurt you to be around.Dont try hiding real life from your kids or they will want to do it even more when the grow up.Most shelterd kids turn out to be the hell raisers when they grow up.Times are not the same as when we were young

Posted By: A.B.

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/13/11 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: prohunter2011
we are all christians and all love to hunt but come on lighten up you dont have to stop your life to hunt on a lease with people that dont take it to the level you take it.You all can find a place in the middle.Most guys respect kids and women when in camp and such.And a little drinking will not hurt you to be around.Dont try hiding real life from your kids or they will want to do it even more when the grow up.Most shelterd kids turn out to be the hell raisers when they grow up.Times are not the same as when we were young

Was this meant for me? My kids arent sheltered. I dont drink, but I am the only one in the family that doesnt. I cuss like a sailor and grace my church about 50% of the time at best. Im judging no one, but I made the decision to leave and that is that. It boils down to the fact that I am not a social person and I go hunting to hunt.

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/13/11 11:58 PM

I understand that this is not the "old days" but I'd rather raise my kids the old school way so that they know the right way to live their life. If they choose not to follow that path it is their choice.
If you raise your kids the "new school" way they won't stand a chance and will live a life of hell on earth without a doubt and go on to the real thing from there.

Proverbs 22:6

Re: !!!!!!!!!!CHRISTIAN lease!!!!!!!!! - 02/16/11 03:57 AM

TTT

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum