Texas Hunting Forum

bosque county hunting

Posted By: sportlergolf4rad

bosque county hunting - 01/09/11 03:01 AM

Hi guys. I live in new jersey. My Wife's family all live in meridian. We've been thinking of moving down. Im just curious how the hunting was around meridian? Were looking for some property some where around there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Rob

Posted By: booger

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/09/11 02:50 PM

Better get ready to fork out some of that Jersey money for any Bosque county land!!!!

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/09/11 07:01 PM

Great hunting. Land is about $3,800+ an acre though.

Posted By: easton1025

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/09/11 07:22 PM

Great hunting and land that resembles that of the Hill Country around Austin...

Posted By: cletusbodeen

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/10/11 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman

X2. The more aceage you buy the less per acre you'll pay.

Posted By: Tx Deer Hunter

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/10/11 12:27 AM

Just got back from 4 days down in Bosque County and it was amazing but I hope you have about 3 to 4 hundred thousand for 500 to 1 thousand acres......

Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/10/11 03:14 AM

I'm thinking it'll take way more than 300 or 400 thousand for 500 acres anywhere in Bosque county. Shoot me a PM if you have something solid at that price. I'm buyin'...

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/10/11 03:15 PM

My Buddies got lucky, they had leased from their guy for 10 years, when he decided to move to Florida he sold them 566 aces for 150 thousand dollars smile

Posted By: cameron00

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/10/11 03:20 PM

That's the overwhelming exception. Probably need at least $1.2mm if you want 400-500 acres.

Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/11/11 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Tx Deer Hunter
My Buddies got lucky, they had leased from their guy for 10 years, when he decided to move to Florida he sold them 566 aces for 150 thousand dollars smile

Don't know when that was, but if it was anytime recently, the seller was a complete fool.. Being a friend or offering a good deal is one thing, being a fool is quite another.

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/12/11 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
Originally Posted By: Tx Deer Hunter

Don't know when that was, but if it was anytime recently, the seller was a complete fool.. Being a friend or offering a good deal is one thing, being a fool is quite another.

it was 3 years ago and YES sometimes people do sell property at a fair price.....

Posted By: cameron00

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/12/11 02:43 AM

That's not fair price, that's a fraction of market value. The buyers raped the seller.

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: bosque county hunting - 01/12/11 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: cletusbodeen
Originally Posted By: Txduckman

X2. The more aceage you buy the less per acre you'll pay.

Friend just bought 1,000 down there. Paid about $3,800 an acre! I figured it would have been about $3K but it is closer to $4K an acre. Existing listings on Lands of Texas are about $4K for that size and up. Now the reason they bought it was it bordered their existing land so I am sure a little premium was paid since they had been eyeing it for years and a sign popped up one day.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum