Texas Hunting Forum

background check

Posted By: family man

background check - 12/24/10 01:22 PM

Hey guys not sure if i can post this in this forum but i was trying to get info on a Bruce Carlin from around coleman texas He hasn t done anything wrong but i talked to him on the phone and seems like a nice guy supposed to look at his leases in march. I just want to protect my money from a dishonest landowner and this will be the first time to hunt in that area and dont know anyone from around there. He owns C and A leasing. appreciate any info

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: background check - 12/27/10 12:21 PM

Don't lease for quail in that area. There are very few, ands it's been like that for about 3-4 years.

Posted By: LLimestone

Re: background check - 12/27/10 03:01 PM

I leased a place near Eden from Bruce. This was a few years ago and he seemed to be a good guy. I had no problem with him. He is a broker, so no way to gaurantee you don't get a grumpy landowner, but at least you would be able to call and have Bruce go to bat for you if something did go wrong. I plan on giving him a call next month as we are looking for a place again.

Posted By: jdickey

Re: background check - 12/27/10 03:03 PM

I've seen other leases advertised by BRUCE CARLIN over the years. Not heard any negatives about him.

Coleman
Bruce Carlin
(817) 819-8305 annual
150 acres
3 hunters
whitetail, turkey spring, turkey fall, dove, quail camping
900/gun
elec & water, Just reduced from $1300 to $900/gun, near Winters, this land surrounds 300 acres of wheat fields. We place hunters according to game rather than the amount of acres.

Posted By: family man

Re: background check - 12/28/10 12:40 AM

man ive had nothing but positive results on him so i think im gonna take the fall and give him a chance on some of his leases thanks guys

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum