is alleged to have received
money for a non-existent
hunting lease.

Posted By: prohunter2011

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 01:44 AM

thanks for the info

Posted By: 7mag

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 01:45 AM

not by any means calling you a lier, but you need to post the newspaper heading, please, not just the paste and copy

Posted By: kwrhuntinglab

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 01:51 AM

quit starting trouble....

Posted By: amarillohunter

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 01:51 AM

it is in the office of the sheriff section of the childress index, friday may 14, 2010, page 2. check it out on www.thechildressindex.com

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 01:54 AM

thanks thats all I was asking for

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 01:56 AM

quit starting trouble? i came on this forum a couple of months ago trying to warn people and ended up getting banned twice under 2 different names. i want all of those people like you, that thought i was just a trouble maker, to see for yourself. i got my $3000 back from chad. that in itself must tell you something. i just want folks to know and beware of shady dealers so they don't have to go through what i went through with chad hassell.

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 01:56 AM

you're welcome.

Posted By: westexhunter

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 01:58 AM

right on again... no trouble, its good to know

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 02:01 AM

http://www.thechildressindex.com/viewer/default.aspx

Posted By: kwrhuntinglab

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 02:13 AM

Hey that's great.....but you have been banned twice before...

Wonder why? Oh well, glad you got your money back.....

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 02:16 AM

so is this you pursuing charges against Chad??? Nothing wrong at all with it, just wondering, or someone you know???

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 02:16 AM

yes i was banned twice before......for starting threads pertaining to chad hassell and his shady dealings.....

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 02:22 AM

no, i'm not the one pursuing the charges. i don't know who is. i was going to file charges on him. i had spoken with the DA and he told me to call the sheriff's office, this is when sgt bentley called me back and discussed my situation. when i told chad and his partner clay seal about it, they sent me a cashier's check overnight priority mail. i had talked to both of them the on monday nite and they said they weren't gonna give me any of my money back. but when they found out who i had spoken to, they had a change of heart on tuesday morning.

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 02:22 AM

he aint starting trouble hes helping honest hunters out.until you have to go threw it then you dont know how bad it can get.thanks again bud.

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: prohunter2011
he aint starting trouble hes helping honest hunters out.until you have to go threw it then you dont know how bad it can get.thanks again bud.

I didnt say he was, I just asked for some clarification and he provided it, so move on

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 02:30 AM

no i dont think you did,but kwrhuntinglab did ok so you move on.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: amarillohunter
yes i was banned twice before......for starting threads pertaining to chad hassell and his shady dealings.....

No, you were banned for failing to heed a moderators request on multiple occasions.

Keep this "on topic", without personal attacks please.

Posted By: jskin

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 06:19 AM

Good...one less problem out there!!

Posted By: smokingquack

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 02:14 PM

Wow! Lists a lot of leases on here too!

Posted By: BOB7

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 06:22 PM

i deal with lots of people every day and have for years, so i can tell a lot about a guy after talking with him.
i never met chad but i spoke with him on the phone and i find this hard to beleive.
i would like to hear his side of the story.

Posted By: tigger

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 06:54 PM

I agree, but since he was indited by a grand jury I am sure his lawyer has told him to keep quite and especially on a forum like this.

Posted By: dukengus

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 07:51 PM

Thanks for the info. A buddy and myself were going to meet him next week in Childress.

Posted By: DBrock

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 08:03 PM

This is bs I have been in contact with Chad all week don't be scared to lease from him the op is starting trouble

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 08:30 PM

really so why is his name in the paper saying he was.looks like it was true

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 08:38 PM

lol, i like the way some people think i'm starting trouble. it is what it is and the facts are what they are. if you think this is bs, call the assistant DA mr. buckley or sgt bentley of the sheriffs department and talk to them. i spoke to both of them myself. in fact, sgt. bentley was the arresting officer. once chad and clay were informed that i was pressing charges also, they couldn't get me my money fast enough. chad even told me himself that his life is screwed right now. still sound like bs?

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 08:40 PM

lol.....the man has been indicted and arrested at his house and this guy says don't worry about that, it is still safe to lease from him.

Posted By: BOB7

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 08:54 PM

lol.....the man has been indicted and arrested at his house and this guy says don't worry about that, it is still safe to lease from him.

i think you have made your point.
eveyone got the warning.
let it be smile

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 08:59 PM

there are alot more members on this forum yet to see this.And im glad he told us and yes he still needs to make his point more clear becouse of all the comments being made.thanks

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 09:02 PM

i would love to make everything as clear as possible prohunter. what can i do to make that happen. feel free to ask me anything you want to know.

Posted By: txbobcat

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 09:12 PM

Stacked too many hunters on his places anyway...

Posted By: A.B.

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 10:04 PM

BMD and I both got warnings about calling that guy out. He even
sent me a pm crying about me questioning him. Thought I smelled a rat. realmad

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 10:13 PM

I think you have made your point, now let it run it's course, as you can see the thread is still here for everyone to make note.

Posted By: KeithTT

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 11:02 PM

HHMMM didn't see that one comin'! We tried to lease from Chad and he was a pretty cool guy. Took a full day away to show us several leases and stacking to many hunter's on a lease was way against his policy! He wanted 2 of us on 2 hundred acres and 3 of us on 4 hundred and 4 on 700 and so on! Didn't seem to me like over crowding! Fact's are def. there and not sure of ya'll's situation's with him but the one day we spent hangin' with Chad wasn't bad at all. Super nice funny guy. I agree with some other's would love to hear his side of the story! Probably not hearin' it all hear!

Posted By: batman

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 11:12 PM

When I spoke to him, I asked for the contact info from the past hunters and he said "no problem". Did not hear anything for @ 2 weeks when he called to see if he had gotten back with me. My gut said "maybe not this time". Anyway, it turned out we are getting to keep our lease. It seemed like Chad had a lot of irons in the fire, so it could all be a misunderstanding.

Posted By: txbobcat

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 05/31/10 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: KeithTT
HHMMM didn't see that one comin'! We tried to lease from Chad and he was a pretty cool guy. Took a full day away to show us several leases and stacking to many hunter's on a lease was way against his policy! He wanted 2 of us on 2 hundred acres and 3 of us on 4 hundred and 4 on 700 and so on! Didn't seem to me like over crowding! Fact's are def. there and not sure of ya'll's situation's with him but the one day we spent hangin' with Chad wasn't bad at all. Super nice funny guy. I agree with some other's would love to hear his side of the story! Probably not hearin' it all hear!

Doesn't sound bad until you find out that it is recommended on a management plan that a buck per 500-1000 acres may be taken per year...

Posted By: lovernotafighter

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 06/01/10 12:11 AM

I haven't leased from Chad. I have only spoken with him on the phone so my experience is limited, but I would like to hear his side to be fair (innocent until proven guilty and all...). I am shocked though given the amount of support and positive reports by other members of THF. I hope it is resolved and that all involved are made whole without actual prosecution. Good luck to them. Someone let us know the outcome when it happens please. Thanks.

Posted By: batman

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 06/01/10 01:46 AM

When I spoke to him and asked for a contact # from the previous lease members, he said "sure, no problem". I didn't hear from him for about 2 weeks, turned out we are getting to keep our old lease. Seemed to me that he had a lot of irons in the fire, so maybe an honest mistake, who knows.

Posted By: Armadillo Tacos

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 06/01/10 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: TreeBass

No, you were banned for failing to heed a moderators request on multiple occasions.

Keep this "on topic", without personal attacks please.

So his information turned out to be correct?

Posted By: rifleman

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 06/01/10 04:17 AM

hate to say it, but he/she/it/them don't even have enough pull within their own county(s) to consider themselves a "good operation"....should tell you something or it would never make the paper or be an issue.

Posted By: shooter79201

Re: SHOOTER79201 INDICTED - 06/01/10 06:02 AM

Well guys, here's the message you've all been waiting for....... Obviously, I can't discuss the details of the case that I am currently dealing with that Wade Brewer (Amarillohunter) is referring to. I can tell you that inspite of what was reported in the paper, it has absolutely nothing to do with a hunting lease. It has to do with a guided hunt that I brokered and I believe that I will be exonerated from the whole deal. It is certainly not going to benefit me in any way to get in a pissing match with Wade. The landowner paid him back his money simply because he knew that I didn't need to deal with his little black mail scheme when I had this other deal going on. The bottom line is this guys............... I appreciate each and every one of you guys that I have dealt with over the last few years on the THF. I lease and sub-lease over 20 properties a year. I do my very best to run an honest and fair service for hunters and I try to make a little money in the process. Believe it or not, the deal with Mr. Wade Brewer and the other case that is pending are the only two incidents I have ever had with anybody. Both of which, I was really just the middle man. I have over 100 guests on various guided hunts that I do personally and I handle over 20 properties with 1 to 20 guys on each one. I can provide dozens of refferences from both parts of my business. This thread is very damaging and embarrassing to me and I hate that it has shown up here. All I can tell you is that, I haven't ever screwed anybody out of a dime and I will continue to do what I do and treat folks the way I want to be treated. I can guarantee everyone that for every person like Wade Brewer that seems to have an obcession with calling me out and trying to expose something that isn't there, there are litterally 100 that would disagree and tell you the opposite about me. If there is anyone out there that is currently doing business with me or is considering doing business with me, I welcome you to call me with any questions that you may have. For those of you who know me and have dealt with me in the past, I thank you for your support. For those of you who don't, I hope you'll realize that there are two sides to every story.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum