Texas Hunting Forum

In need of turkey hunting

Posted By: txag02

In need of turkey hunting - 04/30/10 02:53 AM

All,

I "leased" a place from a guy on here (not sayin' any names), paid him in February for a season turkey lease, have spoken with him many times, but have NOT EVEN BEEN GIVEN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE PROPERTY and can't get him on the phone or email. I don't know his situation so I won't judge, but I am very frustrated. Anyway, My buddy and I and our dads had this weekend (SUN,MON,TUES) set aside on the calendar for a turkey hunt, and I thought February was early enough to get it done. Either way, we are out and out in the 11th hour.

If anyone has a place to hunt, knows of anyone with a place to hunt, or can direct me to an affordable outfitter, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Preferrably within 2-3 hrs of Dallas/Waco line.

God Bless,

Frustrated - TxAG02.

I need a place to hunt turkeys - 04/30/10 02:54 AM

I know better than to double post.... but....

All,

I "leased" a place from a guy on here (not sayin' any names), paid him in February for a season turkey lease, have spoken with him many times, but have NOT EVEN BEEN GIVEN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE PROPERTY and can't get him on the phone or email. I don't know his situation so I won't judge, but I am very frustrated. Anyway, My buddy and I and our dads had this weekend (SUN,MON,TUES) set aside on the calendar for a turkey hunt, and I thought February was early enough to get it done. Either way, we are out and out in the 11th hour.

If anyone has a place to hunt, knows of anyone with a place to hunt, or can direct me to an affordable outfitter, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Preferrably within 2-3 hrs of Dallas/Waco line.

God Bless,

Frustrated - TxAG02.

Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: In need of turkey hunting - 04/30/10 03:06 AM

Hey buddy can you do $100 a day with 2 day min and $100 a bird? Any extra birds after your first bird are only $50!

Lodging inlcuded, self guided. Ranch is right outside Eldorado 4.5 hours from downtown dallas 3.5 from Waco. 1,600 acres to hunt and this weekend is barely the 2nd hunt for this season.

Re: I need a place to hunt turkeys - 04/30/10 03:11 AM

Man you really want a turkey hunt! I replied to all of your postings. Send me a pm up

Re: In need of turkey hunting - 04/30/10 03:12 AM

Thanks. I'll consider it, but it's a little far for me.

Thanks for the reply.

Derek

Re: I need a place to hunt turkeys - 04/30/10 03:14 AM

Thanks.

Anyone else a little closer?

Re: In need of turkey hunting - 04/30/10 03:20 AM

You can ask a few guys on here we have the birds and it would be worth the drive up

No rush. Let me know we have 2 guys going up there already and will only take one more group this week/early next week.

Re: Anyone with turkeys? - 04/30/10 03:27 AM

I can't say anything right now, because I know he had an accident a few weeks ago and was in the hospital for a few days. I spoke with him twice since he returned home and the last time, he said he had a really bad headache, so I don't know if he's okay or not. Either way, it should have been taken care of a LONG time ago, and I'm left holding the bucket.

I just hope everything is alright.

Derek

Posted By: 1aggie

Re: Anyone with turkeys? - 04/30/10 03:31 AM

txag02 you have a lot of class. Must be hard not to throw the guy under the bus and back it up twice. I wish I could help you but I dont even have a lease. Been hunting public land.

Posted By: hoghunta

Re: Anyone with turkeys? - 04/30/10 03:47 AM

man that sucks, hey give me a call... cant do anything for your buddy but im sure you and i can go hunt my place before the season is up.

hoghunta

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum