Texas Hunting Forum

2B Hunting Ranch Review (Avery, TX)

Posted By: barnez

2B Hunting Ranch Review (Avery, TX) - 11/29/09 05:42 AM

This weekend I did a solo hog hunt at 2B Hunting Ranch in Avery, TX (Northeast Texas - Red River County). 2B specializes in hog hunts and sets up well for rifle or bow hunts. I met the owner Bryan Barnes at his house about 5:30 and we drove a few hundred yards to a cabin. I got in a stand about 6:20 AM.

Boar #1 (Black)
The first boar I shot w/ my .308 from a stand near a feeder at around 6:40 AM. Nothing fancy, the boar ran about 20 yards and dropped.

Boar #2 (Blonde)
Since I was the only hunter there Bryan took me around to do some stalk hunting. I had 3-4 opportunities to shoot another hog but passed on a few trying to get a big spotted one. Around 9:30 we saw a blonde colored boar in about 5 ft of brush and I took him.

Both hogs were around 100 lbs. This was my first hog hunt and Bryan did a great job of making me feel comfortable. He's very professional and hard working guide. He cleaned and quartered my hogs and I left around 11:30. I'd rate the whole experience a 10 and will be going back soon.

Contact Information:
Bryan Barnes
2B Hunting Ranch
www.2bhuntingranch.com
(903) 684-5059

Posted By: HuntersAxis

Re: 2B Hunting Ranch Review (Avery, TX) - 11/29/09 04:39 PM

Congrats on a good hunt! Those are some nice looking hogs. 2B is a fun place, and Bryan is a top notch guy. I have had to unload my gun there to save the checkbook. grin rifle

Posted By: NDN98

Re: 2B Hunting Ranch Review (Avery, TX) - 11/29/09 05:30 PM

Congrats on a good hunt.

Posted By: Texican Ben

Re: 2B Hunting Ranch Review (Avery, TX) - 11/29/09 10:30 PM

I hunted with Brian a couple of years ago. He did great job then, nice to know he's still at it.

Congrats on the hogs!

Posted By: barnez

Re: 2B Hunting Ranch Review (Avery, TX) - 11/30/09 03:27 AM

yep he is tha' man, thanks guys!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum