Texas Hunting Forum

Valhalla Ranch Review

Posted By: DSO

Valhalla Ranch Review - 11/18/22 12:42 AM

Alot of you guys that have known me over the years on here know that I'm a straightforward hunter/guide. This is a review of a ranch we did a Veterans Day charity hunt for a Gulf War disabled veteran/42-year career in law enforcement.

The ranch is located north of Aspermont and is HF with river bottom lands. The terrain was rugged with an excellent road system and nice blind/feeder setups. The owner was very courteous and professional. The accommodations were excellent and very roomy/comfortable.

The WT population on the property were very healthy and of high quality with several deer pushing 200BC. The owner also has several species of exotics roaming around.

We were very honored to get our Veteran a quality 6-year-old 11-point WT buck scoring 147, while also taking a large Bull Bison for meat.

This was the only ranch that responded to my thread request a month ago for this veteran hunt and I want to give a BIG shout out and thank the owner Pat and his family for giving us the opportunity to fulfill a dream for this Veteran.

WE ALL SHOULD SUPPORT OUR VETERANS
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: Valhalla Ranch Review - 11/18/22 02:58 PM

Agree with you totally about our veterans! Big shout out to everyone involved, sound like a great ranch up up up
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Valhalla Ranch Review - 11/18/22 09:53 PM

Good on you for setting this up, yes we should support our veterans.
I let a guy duck hunt on one of my places and he brought out some wounded warriors.
They done pretty good and took a picture in front of an American flag, I had that picture framed up but now I can’t find it, if I do I will post it.
Posted By: DSO

Re: Valhalla Ranch Review - 11/18/22 11:17 PM

Thank you, as I do 2-3 free veteran hunts a year. This is my 7th year, and it has been a great experience.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Valhalla Ranch Review - 11/20/22 06:48 PM

Love reading stuff like this! Congrats to the hunter and a big up to you and the ranch owner.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Valhalla Ranch Review - 11/20/22 06:48 PM

And post pics if you can!
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Valhalla Ranch Review - 11/20/22 10:28 PM

Outstanding on both yours and the Vahalla ranch for organizing this hunt for one of our finest up
A Big congrats to the hunter cheers
Posted By: jkk

Re: Valhalla Ranch Review - 11/21/22 12:43 AM

Do they have a website?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum