Texas Hunting Forum

I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt.

Posted By: fishhound

I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 10/21/14 09:05 PM

If anyone needs to cull out some does please let me know. I'd like to get some deer meat.

I will pay $400 for 4 does.
Posted By: 7mag

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 10/21/14 10:59 PM

Good luck. I have as of yet seen a deal like that. Most wt does are about 200 each. Best of luck
Posted By: Sq2 hunter

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 10/21/14 11:14 PM

If you hear anything let me know!!! I haven't seen $100 does since Don K
Posted By: don k

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 10/21/14 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Sq2 hunter
If you hear anything let me know!!! I haven't seen $100 does since Don K
And that is still my price if I think I need any taken.
Posted By: Bulldog4949

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 10/22/14 01:11 AM

I don't get it either. I hunt a 12 section ranch with one other guy. He happens to be the son in law.

I cannot call the shots on the ranch, but if I were in charge we would let probably 10-20 does get shot of this ranch for free. He agrees with me but the ranch owner (his FIL) doesn't want just anyone coming out there. His ranch, his rules. I will follow them.

I have no clue why doe hunts are so expensive. I just don't get it.
Posted By: ffread

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 10/22/14 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Bulldog4949
I don't get it either. I hunt a 12 section ranch with one other guy. He happens to be the son in law.

I cannot call the shots on the ranch, but if I were in charge we would let probably 10-20 does get shot of this ranch for free. He agrees with me but the ranch owner (his FIL) doesn't want just anyone coming out there. His ranch, his rules. I will follow them.

Just my two cents but we don't run a huge ranch but we fill four 2 thousand pound protein feeders once a month and run 3 corn feeders almost year around, and I have no clue what it cost the owner pays for everything but if I was guessing it adds up to a few thousand dollars a year, and we only sell 3-4 buck hunts a year and they are mostly cull hunts. We just sell a few hunts a year to help pay for the feed because she loves watching the deer and taking care of them as she says!!
Posted By: fishhound

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 10/22/14 02:23 PM

Doesn't hurt to ask right? I've come across $100 doe hunts before. smile
Posted By: HarperDeer

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 10/22/14 11:21 PM

I'm sending you a PM
Posted By: ProHunter2

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 11/05/14 01:06 AM

If u find some let me know I'd be interested in a couple too. My wife just got into hunting and been slow at the place I hunt and want her to get her first deer
Posted By: MarkE

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 11/06/14 03:31 AM

Just having to deal with people you don't know on a hunt requires a little compensation. You never know what your going to have to deal with.
Posted By: therancher

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 11/06/14 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkE

Just having to deal with people you don't know on a hunt requires a little compensation. You never know what your going to have to deal with.

Yep. It costs diesel/gasoline and time to run any hunt. Plus if you house and feed hunters it's even more. And THEN you have hunters who (if they're paying a whole buckfitty for a doe) want you to clean and quarter them.

When you only have so many weekend in a season, taking one to run cheap doe hunts instead of a trophy hunt is tough to justify. More power to the folks who can and do, but I typically try to get my buck hunters to shoot does too.
Posted By: MarkE

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 11/06/14 03:44 AM

Not to mention tracking their wounded deer all night......
Posted By: jdp109

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 11/06/14 12:05 PM

Mark I agree 100% we did doe hunts last year for 250 and that was a mistake we get 50+ doe tags a year and we will give to meat away to charity before shooting them for 250 again. People show up with unsigthed in rifles and miss/lose deer then don't understand why they have to pay for a deer that they didn't get to take home. I agree have to help pay for corn and protein for the year. Shot a real nice 8 yesterday someone had wounded said deal.
Posted By: artrios60

Re: I'll pay $400 for a 4 doe hunt. - 11/08/14 02:48 PM

I do feel for the hunter that is on a budget these days and it never hurts to ask. This forum is full of good people.

But here is the dilemma that a lot of ranches face. We have to get rid of does but at what cost. In my case specifically we feed free choice protein yr round and a cost of nearly 4k a month. The costs of equipment, maintenance and time and labor. There really are not enough weekends available to take the does @ $500/pr so we also wind up sending meat to the processors food banks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum