Texas Hunting Forum

Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers)

Posted By: therancher

Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 07/30/14 02:01 PM

Not sure what he scores and he hasn't stepped in front of a game cam yet (these are crappy cell pics), but he's real clean and symmetrical.

First 2500 (all inclusive 2.5 day hunt) takes him.

Posted By: don k

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 07/30/14 06:08 PM

Very good looking Buck.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 07/30/14 06:33 PM

that is a big 8 point.

somebody will be very happy with that deer
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 07/30/14 06:53 PM

Love them big 8's up

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 07/31/14 02:05 AM

Yeah he's pretty. I think he's only 3.5 years old but I really don't want him breeding. The next 8 points he throws might not be as pretty.
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 07/31/14 02:54 AM

Hmmm, sending ya a text bud.

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 07/31/14 05:47 AM

Thanks for the interest folks. He's sold.
Posted By: JDPoulsen

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 07/31/14 04:25 PM

Wish I had seen this post sooner! That is my Dream Buck, what I call a Heart Attack 8!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/01/14 04:52 AM

Hey! It ain't like I ain't got another straight 8. This one should be still available on my Zavala county ranch. Pure native south Texas genetics. Different frame as the previous 8 but will score similarly. This one is a mature pig. It's gonna be a week or so before I can get some pics in his area. But I'll post them when I do. It's been an awfully good year down there and I'd be real surprized if he's not better this year.

Posted By: MAP

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/02/14 01:53 AM

^^ that's a cool 8 pt, post up the new pictures when you get them.

How much did you want for him last year?

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/02/14 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: MAP
^^ that's a cool 8 pt, post up the new pictures when you get them.

How much did you want for him last year?

I was asking $3500 for the second buck last year. Dropping the price to $3000 this year. If he's still around.

I've got my grandkids right now so it'll be a week or so before I get any pics.

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/04/14 03:22 AM

This deer just keeps getting prettier. He came to one of my feeding areas today and let me get a few good cell pics before he decided to vamoose.

My hunter and I can't wait to get this deer killed.

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/04/14 05:59 AM

Rusty I mailed you a deposit Friday for my son and I to hunt your South TX Ranch. I will call you in a few days to see what dates are open. Am looking forward to seeing some recent trail cam pics of that big 8 if he is still around and some of the other bucks you have down there.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/04/14 12:22 PM

That is some good looking 8s.
A slick 8 is awesome, I tend to let them go another year and they start getting kickers and little stubby points. Shoot that sucker now.

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/04/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: JDPoulsen
Rusty I mailed you a deposit Friday for my son and I to hunt your South TX Ranch. I will call you in a few days to see what dates are open. Am looking forward to seeing some recent trail cam pics of that big 8 if he is still around and some of the other bucks you have down there.

Great! I'm headed down there today to get the corn feeders and cameras going.

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/04/14 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
That is some good looking 8s.
A slick 8 is awesome, I tend to let them go another year and they start getting kickers and little stubby points. Shoot that sucker now.

Yep. That first 8 is only 3.5. I crossed my fingers and let him go last year and got lucky. That older one I've been watching for 4 years. He's either 7.5 or older. I don't think he's ever gonna get kickers.
Posted By: bentman

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/04/14 06:24 PM

I like the first buck
Posted By: JGilbert

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/05/14 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
that is a big 8 point.

somebody will be very happy with that deer

Yep! Good mount and good eats!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/06/14 02:36 AM

Pretty excited to see his score myself

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/06/14 03:45 AM

Can we make a friendly wager on the score of the first 8 ? lol

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/06/14 06:12 AM

Originally Posted By: BBD84

Absolutely!
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/06/14 01:28 PM

Great looking 8 point
Posted By: pickaspot

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/06/14 08:04 PM

Either one of those bucks would cause a serious case of "buck fever".

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/06/14 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher

Absolutely!
hmmmmm, ill have to think of something but I think he's going to surprise us all.

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/06/14 08:43 PM

The score isn't that important to me. I prefer very clean and symmetrical looking bucks. A lot of the higher scoring bucks just don't look as pretty IMHO.

This one is gonna look great on my wall, and being a little younger he may be a little more tender too, who knows! Either way, I'm anxious to get him on the wall and on the dinner table!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/06/14 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: JGilbert
The score isn't that important to me. I prefer very clean and symmetrical looking bucks. A lot of the higher scoring bucks just don't look as pretty IMHO.

This one is gonna look great on my wall, and being a little younger he may be a little more tender too, who knows! Either way, I'm anxious to get him on the wall and on the dinner table!

He's hitting the protein hard. I haven't seen him at any corn feeder. Sucker's spoiled to protein. I'll stop feeding protein before you hunt him. I ain't promising tender... wink that's what they make mechanical tenderizers for.

He's gonna score plenty. He's still putting on length believe it or not. I didn't. But he is. I just hope he doesn't break anything rubbing out...

I've got him at 148" right now.
Posted By: r1richard2000

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/06/14 11:15 PM

Any of the 8pts are $2500?

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/07/14 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: r1richard2000
Any of the 8pts are $2500?

Nope. The one in Uvalde (the second one) is 3,000. But I think he might be sold. Just got my cameras out down there though and I may have another one or two.

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/07/14 12:11 AM

He's hitting the protein hard. I haven't seen him at any corn feeder. Sucker's spoiled to protein. I'll stop feeding protein before you hunt him. I ain't promising tender... wink that's what they make mechanical tenderizers for.

He's gonna score plenty. He's still putting on length believe it or not. I didn't. But he is. I just hope he doesn't break anything rubbing out...

You were about 5 minutes early of me deciding while texting Rusty that night that I was going to let the wife shoot that 8, good luck on your hunt. We found another one she should like out there but IMO hes over 150" mark.

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/07/14 12:19 AM

You were about 5 minutes early of me deciding while texting Rusty that night that I was going to let the wife shoot that 8, good luck on your hunt. We found another one she should like out there but IMO hes over 150" mark.

Yep. I hadn't explained that to JGilbert yet, but bbd84 is a personal friend and JG got his money in LESS than 5 min before bbd texted me he wanted it.

Put me in a nine line bind for a while, but bbd did what friends do and made it easy for me to get his wife another buck. She's gonna be happy...

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/07/14 12:21 AM

And then that stinkin 8 just kept growing! We're gonna have a party when you get him!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/07/14 03:26 AM

Yep! I'm real excited! It will be my biggest and best and actually my first ever mount-worthy buck at all!

I'm glad your wife got another one BBD84!!! Looks like he's got a lot to choose from!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/07/14 04:41 AM

Looking forward to seeing current pics of the South TX 8 point! If he looks anything like he did last year I am pretty sure either my son or I would like to have a chance to take him home smile

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/07/14 04:48 AM

Yep! I'm real excited! It will be my biggest and best and actually my first ever mount-worthy buck at all!

I'm glad your wife got another one BBD84!!! Looks like he's got a lot to choose from!
Yes sir he does, we hunt out there with Rusty a good bit throught the year. We dont hunt at our ranches we manage and run as its not nearly as much fun as it is to go somewhere else and see new country. Good luck, have you decided on when your going to try and hunt him ? If I see him Maybe ill get to take some pictures of him alive before you can get a chance to get down there to help the wait go by slower for you haha.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/08/14 01:09 AM

Wish you had another slick 8 that size for $2500. cry

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/08/14 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: BarneyWho
Wish you had another slick 8 that size for $2500. cry

smile
I wish I had 40 of them. I could have sold that one about 40 times. My pm box blew up...

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/09/14 01:13 AM

Yes sir he does, we hunt out there with Rusty a good bit throught the year. We dont hunt at our ranches we manage and run as its not nearly as much fun as it is to go somewhere else and see new country. Good luck, have you decided on when your going to try and hunt him ? If I see him Maybe ill get to take some pictures of him alive before you can get a chance to get down there to help the wait go by slower for you haha.

Lol, those pics he just posted are pretty awesome! I honestly cant tell you how many times I have pulled them up to re-check this guy out!

And I am going down there the last weekend in September btw!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/15/14 02:52 AM

New pics on the way.

I still haven't gotten him at a corn feeder. Him and several others flat out won't go to a corn feeder right now.

But he LOVES protein. So I moved a cam to the protein feeders and voila!

Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/15/14 07:15 PM

Is the South TX 8 sold?
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/15/14 08:28 PM

He is very nice. I kind of regret not booking the hunt.

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/15/14 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: CitySlickerHunter
Is the South TX 8 sold?

The one in the pic is sold if he's still alive. I might have more similar ones when I check cams next. I'll post pics when I get them. Thanks!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/15/14 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: NewJeep
Yep, the more he grows the more I regret not shooting him myself. He's gonna make JGilbert's wall shine.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/15/14 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: NewJeep
Yep, the more he grows the more I regret not shooting him myself. He's gonna make JGilbert's wall shine.

JGilbert might need a bigger wall...great looking 8 up

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/15/14 09:46 PM

Rancher, you are torturing us :-)

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/15/14 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyinVA
Rancher, you are torturing us :-)

He's torturing me too!

Here he is framing the moon with those bones.

Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/16/14 02:23 AM

This makes me sick!!!! lol
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/17/14 08:47 PM

good deer
Posted By: huntnguide83

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/17/14 10:23 PM

Rusty if Jeremy would have told me sooner about the big 8 he wouldn't have had long to make up his mind. My wife would have been killing him. Glad to see Jgilbert and Shaw are going to take a couple great bucks. Maybe I need to steal your number from Jeremy so I can get higher up on the call list haha!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/17/14 11:35 PM

you are a sadistic SOB lol

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/18/14 11:21 PM

lol, love the new pics! guy keeps looking better and better! super excited!
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/19/14 02:31 AM

Feel like im at a deer auction.

Humumum, 1000, mumumumumudeedooodeeedoo, 2000, one time! Hummmmmmamuoiyoiiimmmumum, twice,mumumumumumumumumumumu,umumumum

Humumumumumumumumum

Sold to the internet.

Folks yall have a great nite and dont forget to pay the lady!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/30/14 02:57 PM

Mr. Poulsen, your sons deer showed up. He's got some real nice brows that hook back this year. And he's still big. I will tell you though that he will not be an easy hunt. He is one of several deer at Uvalde that just seem to never follow patterns.

There is no guarantee that we will even see this buck. These are the first pics I've got of him and the cams have been up for over a month.

Cross your fingers.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/30/14 06:59 PM

Nice heavy antlers

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 08/31/14 12:38 AM

Thanks for posting the pics Rusty, that Buck is a Monster! If he steps out in front of me I am going to drop him smile

I hope one of us is lucky and gets a chance at him. Can't wait to get down there!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 09/18/14 04:54 AM

He rubbed out and didn't break anything yet. STILL isn't going to corn!!!

Posted By: Circle NA Ranch

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 09/18/14 05:23 AM

Very nice! Great deer!!
Diane

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 09/18/14 07:56 PM

Thanks Diane.

Had another hot shot 8 show up in Uvalde.

Posted By: crwag

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 09/19/14 04:44 PM

Good looking 8's & blackbuck seņor !! What's the price tag on those.? Maybe a whitetail/blackbuck combo deal?!? Shoot me a PM on details!
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 09/19/14 08:04 PM

Love those big 8's. Great looking deer!!

Re: Pretty 8 point for sale (for slick 8 lovers) - 09/20/14 04:05 PM

Rusty, Frank says he likes this 8 point better than the other one! I am not that picky, I would be happy to get a chance at either one of those big 8's! smile
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum