Texas Hunting Forum

Helicopter Hog and predator hunts

Posted By: Hunt Wicked Close TV

Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/15/12 04:50 PM

Third weekend of March, April, and May 2013 on the Junco ranch.

One full hour of flight time, must bring your own weapon. This is for two shooters, food and Lodging provided if you you stay over night. Total for two will be 1000.00

The helicopters are 4 seat ships and the Pilots are very professional and will put you on the hogs. Also when not flying and if time allows this place holds tons of arrow heads and you can look for these while there.

We will be there the Third weekend of April so if you book then we can film your hunt for the show.

This is a 48k acre ranch and it has 100's of not 1000's of hogs.

Call Harvey. 361- 877-4799

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/16/12 01:58 PM

They don't have very many left...
Posted By: Rob M

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/16/12 04:20 PM

Someone go half on this with me.
Posted By: Mike Garcia

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/16/12 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: robdawg14m
Someone go half on this with me.
when do you plan to go? I wanna do it as well

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/16/12 04:44 PM

March, April, and May are all open for me. It's still a ways away, so I'm not picky.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/16/12 05:43 PM

Several folks have called about this and have had to leave a message. Harvey will call you back..

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/16/12 06:48 PM

March, April, and May are all open for me. It's still a ways away, so I'm not picky.
Awesome well pm me some info and hope we could plan something, think it would be a blast

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/17/12 08:09 PM

Mike and I will see yall in March!

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/18/12 12:48 AM

Mike and I will see yall in March!
up rifle

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/20/12 01:11 PM

If you are thinking about this you need to jump now as they don't have much room left..
Posted By: unwutarmy

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 11/21/12 03:59 AM

I'd go as well if I can find a partner. I sure do miss shooting things from a heli! I'll talk to a buddy of mine tomorrow and i'll get back with you! What dates do you have spots for?
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 01/20/13 04:23 PM

Still have some spots ???? I use to hunt this ranch and there was a decent amount of pigs in our pastures but not 1000s.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 02/21/13 09:12 PM

Hey, Mike was going to go half with me on our hunt, but the outfitter had to move the date up a week, so he can no longer go. If anyone is interested in tagging along with me let me know. I have paid the deposit, so you will owe $500 and I owe $300. PM me if you are seriously interested.
Posted By: Crossfire

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 02/22/13 02:50 AM

When in march? Would make a great bday gift to myself

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 02/25/13 04:37 PM

March 9th.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 02/26/13 04:16 PM

No one willing to jump in? This is an hour flight, lodging, and food for $500. If you live close I will pick you up and pick up the gas bill.
Posted By: nick_adams

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 02/28/13 10:20 PM

Pm sent! I am definitely interested!
Posted By: DocBailey

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/11/13 09:43 PM

How'd the hunt go Rob?

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/12/13 07:20 PM

It was awesome! Bret and I got 8 pigs and 3 coyotes in an hour. We both had GoPro cameras that caught all the footage. Once I get a chance to do the edits I will post the video.
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 04:32 PM

We went out right before Bret & Rob and here's a link to our video. Think it would have been better footage (more hits) if DH would have been wearing the GoPro. I was missing a LOT! But was definitely an awesome experience. We hope to go back next year. Harvey and Mike are great folks, as well as the pilot, Alex. Think Harvey said he sales management deer hunts as well on this ranch.

Link to video:

www.shadycreekfarms.com
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 04:47 PM

Not that it matters but did you guys keep any? I have seen other videoes and always wondered if they ever took a truck out and picked up a couple to take home or if the medevac landed and carried off the KIA's?

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 05:18 PM

Not here, the guy said they wouldn't be able to locate them on 48,000 acres
Posted By: Brad903

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 05:25 PM

I did that a few weeks ago for the first time and was so impressed I have tracked down a pilot, lodge and over 300,000 acres to play on. If wicked close runs out of spots let me know.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 06:52 PM

NBK, I want to do this again, so PM me some price info and location.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: talkturkey
they could find them, i have hunted the junco for a few years and had a map of the whole place that was a really good map but still alot of fun and im sure you saw some good deer at the same time.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: BBD84
Originally Posted By: talkturkey
they could find them, i have hunted the junco for a few years and had a map of the whole place that was a really good map but still alot of fun and im sure you saw some good deer at the same time.

Happy BD!

Yep, probably so, but we shoot and butcher enough pigs at deer camp to fill our freezer year round, so didn't want to argue w/him. Did see a lot of wildlife, and it was an awesome experience.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 07:37 PM

Yeah i miss that ranch at times but it dosent have near the quality of bucks it did 6-8 years ago. It was nothing to shoot 180" deer and a few over 200" every year and now i havent seen ir heard of anything breaking 190s of there the last few years.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 07:38 PM

I tried to do my part to keep the pigs and javis in check when we leased it though lol fun pre bow season practice and scouting at the same time
Posted By: MAP

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 07:46 PM

"www.shadycreekfarms.com"

She's a cusser smile haha great video, that looks like an absolute blast
Posted By: MAP

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 07:49 PM

BBD84, do you have any pictures of some of the bucks ya'll killed out there that you could post up?

Where you part of the Chaffin/Sanchez/Wascom group? Do any of those guys hunt out there anymore

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/13/13 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: MAP
"www.shadycreekfarms.com"

She's a cusser smile haha great video, that looks like an absolute blast

That's why the 'Warning' is issued above the video, to turn down the volume (if offended). The piggies were (somewhat) easy shootin, but them coyotes didn't want to run a straight line, and kinda blend in... LOL
Posted By: Squealteam

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/14/13 04:05 PM

What type of helo, R44 or jetranger?

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/15/13 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Ftup4evr
What type of helo, R44 or jetranger?

Dunno, maybe a chevy??? But, Alex the pilot said they filmed a reality tv show, which is to air on National Geographic channel in July, called Okies and Aliens. He said should be a lot of fun, with helicopter hog hunts, etc.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/15/13 02:58 PM

Iv been in aviation for 12yrs and in nvr heard of gm or chevy having a venture with an aerospace company to build helos. If the chevy comment was bc of of the jetranger, a jetranger is a bell helicopter product, not a jet powered ford ranger. An r44 is a robinson r44, meaning it has 4 seats.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/15/13 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Ftup4evr
Iv been in aviation for 12yrs and in nvr heard of gm or chevy having a venture with an aerospace company to build helos. If the chevy comment was bc of of the jetranger, a jetranger is a bell helicopter product, not a jet powered ford ranger. An r44 is a robinson r44, meaning it has 4 seats.

OK, yes, the 'chevy' comment was my half hearted attempt at a little humor this morning, due to I've never been in the aviation field and was just happy the pilot was, sorry and thanks for the info.

Re: Helicopter Hog and predator hunts - 03/15/13 04:45 PM

I found it humorus too, i was just curious what type. I been thinkn of doin it myself, but aint got around to it. Good luck to yaw and hope yaw get a good stand of them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum