Texas Hunting Forum

Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts.

Posted By: JEB Outfitters

Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/01/12 04:20 AM

Hey guys,

The corn fields are being cut on the big Boars are out. If you're looking for a great hunt and a fun time then give us a call. Our night hunts are done with our AR-10 and AR-15 rifles with Gen2 and Gen 3 night vision scopes and suppressors. We provide everything for you, all you have to do is show up. Our Hog guide, Keith, is one of the best around and he will do whatever it takes to get hogs. We have over 20,000 acres of farmland in Collin and Hunt Counties.

We also have predator calls and often call up Coyotes and Bobcats when it's slow.
The hunt is $150 for one pig using our rifles/scopes and suppressors and ammo. We provide everything. Extra pigs can be taken for $50. If for some reason you dont get on hogs and you are not able to get a shot then only pay $75. Numerous THF members have hunted with us, taken pigs and have rebooked again. Call me with any questions or visit our website for more photos.

Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/01/12 03:24 PM

Looks fun Jason

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/01/12 08:28 PM

It a blast! We have taken 22 hogs the last two nights.

Posted By: Mr.Boar live2hunt

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/02/12 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: JEB Outfitters
It a blast! We have taken 22 hogs the last two nights.

You gotta save some for the 10th. That's my picture you got there with my eyes closed. It was 4am and I was half asleep working on that hog with the knives. See ya on the 10th.

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/02/12 12:33 PM

LOL we have a ton right now. See you on the 10th my friend.

Posted By: thorn4570

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/05/12 11:06 AM

Just got in from hunting with Keith and let me tell ya when they say he will do anything to get you on a pig he will. I booked me and my daughter and son. We had a blast. Great memories. I have been hunting hogs a long time but using night vision and suppressors is a whole new experience. It was great just to show up and everything was provided. You gotta do this it is great. Pics are fuzzy cause they were with my phone.

Posted By: AaronM58

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/05/12 12:20 PM

Glad you had a great hunt! Come out and see us again soon!!

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/06/12 12:07 AM

Bingo! Great job dad

Posted By: ryguy23

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/06/12 12:18 AM

Great pics!

Posted By: Stax

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/07/12 01:46 AM

We're going tomorrow, can't wait!

Posted By: 2010bigdog

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/07/12 04:34 PM

Tried to book a hunt with these guys. Explained that I'm disabled and in a wheelchair. Was told they would try to work something out so I could hunt. Just checked my PMs after waiting 6 days for an answer and they had "removed themselves from the topic." No explanation, no response, just "removed themselves from the topic." Thanks JEB. You're a fine bunch. So I suppose Keith likes the easy money and doesn't do "whatever it takes" to put you on hogs.

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/07/12 05:24 PM

bigdog,

I spoke to you when you PM'd me and I asked if you could give me a few days to find a place we could get a wheel chair in and you said you could. I apologize that the call was not returned as fast as you would like. I also explained to you that right now was corn harvesting time and all the fields would be very difficult to get a wheel chair into, but I also said I would make it happen and that was my intent. I donate hunts to wounded warriors and was going to do your hunt when I have a double leg amputee from Iraq in 3 weeks.
We have way to many forum members that have hunted with us and know that we do retun calls and that we do put EVERYONE on hogs.

By the way, I removed myself from the topic because I had to delete my PM's and I had already written down your info.

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/07/12 08:52 PM

Looks like I owe JEB an apology. It appears that I jumped the gun by posting the statement above. Hope they will accept the apology and thanks for what they do for individuals with disabilities.
Humbly,
bigdog

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/08/12 12:08 AM

bigdog,

I spoke to you when you PM'd me and I asked if you could give me a few days to find a place we could get a wheel chair in and you said you could. I apologize that the call was not returned as fast as you would like. I also explained to you that right now was corn harvesting time and all the fields would be very difficult to get a wheel chair into, but I also said I would make it happen and that was my intent. I donate hunts to wounded warriors and was going to do your hunt when I have a double leg amputee from Iraq in 3 weeks.
We have way to many forum members that have hunted with us and know that we do retun calls and that we do put EVERYONE on hogs.

By the way, I removed myself from the topic because I had to delete my PM's and I had already written down your info.

I can vouche that these guys do follow up in a timely manner....They called me back in less than 24 hours and I will be updating you all on our hunt.....We leave in an hour!!!!

Posted By: AaronM58

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/08/12 12:10 AM

Good luck tonight, Stax08!! The hog hunting has been phenomenal since the farmers started harvesting corn. Be sure to post your pics!!

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/08/12 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: AaronM58
Good luck tonight, Stax08!! The hog hunting has been phenomenal since the farmers started harvesting corn. Be sure to post your pics!!

Will do...Thanks Aaron.

Posted By: txfshrmn

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/08/12 02:27 PM

Jason,

I appreciate you going the extra mile...I am a veteran, law enforcement officer & fellow outfitter. Keep up the good work...thx again.

Terry Richardson
Cast & Blast Outfitters
www.castnblasttx.com

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/08/12 06:29 PM

Thx terry!

Posted By: Rob M

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/10/12 04:39 PM

I went out with Keith Whiteside last night. JEB has a top notch service and Keith will put you on the hogs. Great prices, great guide, and excellent equipment. Cant beat it!

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/12/12 10:30 AM

Last night we had the pleasure of hunting with THF members Rommel cansicio from Manhattan, New York, his father Eric Cansicion from Los Angelas, California and friend Xao from Fort Worth. The night started off with a bang when we got them on hogs just before 9:30 p.m., but unfortunately none went down. Shortly thereafter, Rommel connected 3 times with our 308 on a 200+ pound boar that never went down, we tracked him over 800 yards. In a matter of minutes we had them back on 15 hogs, but this time when the bullets started flying the hogs started dieing.
I think they left there with more hogs than they bargained for and we were able to get them on hogs 3 different times!
A great time was had by all and what a better way for a father and son who live across the country from each other to spend time together than this. Even better, was the look on Rommel's face when he was rapid firing from our 308 with night vision and the compliments they gave us afterwards, believe it or not, that's better than shooting them your self..
Guys,
thank you for coming out and thank you for the compliments, we'll see you again soon as planned.
By the way, more hogs went down that what are in the pics..

And this is why people come back to us time and time again!!!

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/13/12 03:04 AM

TTT

Posted By: Chris001

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/22/12 04:22 AM

What an awesome hunt, this will certainly be in my future!!

Posted By: txhunter11

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/22/12 05:30 AM

How far is this from Houston?

Also Bigdog these guys always are great at returning communications. Believe me I have had experience with some others here and I could not say the same. Not only that but they spend time giving you lots of information that most would not take the time to type in messages. I think it was very big of you to come back and apologize. I hope the hunt works out for you. I know they will show you a great time.

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/22/12 05:49 PM

Txhunter,
Thanks for the compliments my friend, it's all about the expierience not just the hunt. Our ranch is in Breckenridge about 2 hrs west of Dallas and our hog hunts are north of DFW on corn fields.

Posted By: Armalite260

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/22/12 06:32 PM

Txhunter,
Thanks for the compliments my friend, it's all about the expierience not just the hunt. Our ranch is in Breckenridge about 2 hrs west of Dallas and our hog hunts are north of DFW on corn fields.

The Breckenridge Ranch is, well..... Hard to find adjectives that do it justice. I can't wait for my Black Buck hunt.. elmer

Posted By: ericpecan

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/22/12 08:28 PM

Look at the smile of my son...nothing to say but a satisfied customer .

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/23/12 07:18 AM

Bowtech,I can't wait for you to come back either, we had fun and we're gonna do it again.

Ericpecan, If you think he was smiling in the pic you should have seen him shooting while the pigs were falling smile

We just smoked our first big boar with our new thermal scope. Decided to add a rifle set up and instead of going with another night vision scope we got a thermal unit. Sweeeeeeet! I'll post pics tomorrow!

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/24/12 04:57 PM

What type rifle and caliber did you add?

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/24/12 05:56 PM

We have several AR-15's and 1 AR-10 so we added the thermal unit to another AR-15. The thermal is mil-spec and the same one used by the military so it's very good quality, but also VERY expensive.

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/24/12 10:14 PM

Here is a big boar taken with our newly aquired thermal scope. The scope is Mil-spec and very high quality!. The same scope is issued to the military in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/24/12 10:15 PM

Some fellow THF members, Thomas Morrissey and Anthony Polk took some nice boars with us... Good shooting too!

Posted By: JCaldwell

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/25/12 12:33 AM

I want to come out with my wife

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/25/12 02:39 AM

Well give me a call sometime and we'll set it up

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/25/12 03:05 AM

what thermal scope is it?

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/25/12 06:43 AM

It's the Raytheon W1000-9.. One of our partners purchased 414 units from raytheon. The same scopes that the Marine Corp uses in the desert so its sweeeeet!

We are actually selling them too.

Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/26/12 04:49 PM

Thank you for a great night!!!!

Keith took my son and me last night and all I can say is WOW.

He had the thermal imaging scope on his rifle and night scope on the ones my son and I were using. All with silencers that made them sound like pellet guns. Even the .308

It was very windy, 10-25 mile winds all night. Even so we saw lots of game. Hogs, yotes, armadillos, skunk at 5 feet eeks333 , horses, and deer.

I did hit a very large boar. We were able to get to within 90-100 yards and he started to go in the woods. I hit him twice. When you shoot with the silencers you really hear the smack when the bullet hits flesh.

He ran into a field with waist and head high grass and sunflowers and since we did not find a blood trail we decided after looking for 20 minutes that it was not a smart thing to track him in that.

Even though we were not bringing home some bacon, with all the game we did see with the thermal scope, my son and I were very happy with the night and plan on doing it again when it is not so windy.

Here are some pictures:

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/27/12 05:14 AM

Glad you guys had a good time, that's what it's about! It's all about the expierience.

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/29/12 03:48 AM

Jason and Keith are first class...Looking forward to our next trip!

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/30/12 03:01 AM

Thx again Stax! Call me for lunch soon.

Just finished scouting a new area and as I type this we are watching 35 hogs! Anyone up for this Saturday night??
Posted By: Bearclaw

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/30/12 10:05 PM

JEB, did you weigh this hog? Just curious what he ended up weighing ?

Posted By: spartanhunter

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/30/12 10:12 PM

This was by far the best hog hunt I've ever been on....Keith really gets it done even till the wee hours of the morning....what a blast we had and we'er doin it again.in the winter....thanks Keith !!

p.s. my ears still ringing form that .44.....lol
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/31/12 12:40 AM

I'm up for this Saturday!!! Keith Looking for round 2

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/31/12 05:00 AM

Give me a call man and we'll get it done or you can call Keith directly. Keith the hog man -214-808-2685. Jason 903-691-9062

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/31/12 05:01 AM

[quote=Bearclaw]JEB, did you weigh this hog? Just curious what he ended up weighing ?

He weighed just below 400 :-). One of my biggest so far. And by the way, he took 10 shots from a 308 (AR-10) to bring him down. I'm finding that more and more big boars are taking the lead like it was a 22. We are shooting some of the best bullets, but these big ones are extremely tough.

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 09/13/12 03:26 AM

Still putting them down on a nightly basis!!!! If you're up for the fun get with me

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 09/24/12 06:13 PM

Any takers? Hogs are moving and it's much cooler at night.
Posted By: k-Fletch

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 09/25/12 05:09 AM

Do you have plenty of openings?

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 10/22/12 03:40 AM

The wheat fields are coming up and it's getting good again. Hogs are in the fields at night.

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/28/13 10:56 PM

Corn fields have been cut and we are knocking down the hogs nightly! get with me if any of you guys wanna come.
Posted By: mphunter

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/28/13 11:50 PM

Hey Jason, still doing the hog hunts in Collin County? I Have a few people, including myself that would love to book one. How far out are you booked? One of my buddies has a son getting ready to go to college but wants to go on a hog hunt before he leaves. Thanks!

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/29/13 01:58 AM

Hey MPhunter. I got your e-mail and replied back.

Re: Collin/Hunt County Hog Hunts. - 08/29/13 02:45 PM

Hey guys,
Sorry to have to do this but with the stupid ammo prices going up so high as well as the fuel prices we have had to change the price of our hog hunts. The price is now $200 for the first person ad $150 for an additional person.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum