Texas Hunting Forum

Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County)

Posted By: BowsnRods

Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/03/11 07:50 PM

This is our 5th year to run our BIG 8pt/9pt hunts and a possible few Trophy Hunts on this high fenced Bandera County Ranch.This ranch is located 30 minutes west of San Antonio towards the town of Bandera. This Ranch has been under intense management and continues to run a year round supplement feeding program. The buck to doe ratio is 1/1.5 This years hunt package will be the largest mature 8pt/9pt (hunters choice) and 2 doe or doe and cull buck (buck less than 8pts 2.5 yrs or older)The price of the hunt is $1500.00 this includes the daily guide fee on a 2 day hunt,tips and processing are not included. We do not have lodging but recommend to all of our hunters some very nice cabins located on the medina river 10 minutes away from the ranch. We are very family oriented and will split the package allowing 2 hunters to share in the 3 deer package. The ranch is under MLD so our season will start around the 1st of October. The Big 8pts/9pts should score between 120/140. I will forward pictures of recent harvest upon request. Many THF members have hunted with us over the last 4 years and can verify the quility of the Whitetail deer and the number of deer you will see during each hunt.Thank you for looking.

Posted By: whirlwind

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/03/11 09:40 PM

pm sent

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/03/11 11:27 PM

Got it whirlwind, pm sent back!

Posted By: axishunter

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/06/11 12:07 AM

pm sent

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/06/11 01:01 AM

Bump for a good guy and a good ranch.

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/06/11 01:57 AM

axishunter, pm returned

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/06/11 02:00 AM

Thank you stxranchman! It sure has been dry out here at Doc's, I pray we get some rain soon. I counted 50 deer at one tank last night with a batchelor group of bucks numbering 8 coming in right at dark.

Posted By: don k

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/06/11 02:55 PM

BowsnRods always has some good deer pictured with their hunters and have never heard anyone say anything bad about them. Must be a good place to go hunting.

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/06/11 09:42 PM

Thanks Don, I know we still need to get together to meet in person at the OST. I hope this year we can make some time!

Posted By: B-swit

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/07/11 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Bump for a good guy and a good ranch.
x2

johh will put you on a good buck!

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/07/11 04:21 PM

Thanks B-swit, I hope you and your brother are doing well. You guys need to come down this year and knock some doe down to fill your freezer, I still owe you and your brother!

Posted By: daniel25s

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/07/11 05:52 PM

Great place went with a couple buddies last year and had a blast

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/07/11 08:57 PM

Hey Daniel, I hope you guys can find time to make it down again this year. Thank you for the post!

Posted By: daniel25s

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/07/11 09:18 PM

we are planning to come again in october

we will be in contact soon

Posted By: hunting_rookie

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/09/11 02:56 AM

I would be interested in splitting it w my son. He usually shoots them anyway. Can you send more info

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/09/11 10:23 PM

PM sent hunting_rookie

Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/09/11 11:29 PM

PM sent

Posted By: jerry hart

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/11/11 09:13 PM

Bowsnrods...pm sent

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/18/11 12:32 AM

I am back from vacation with my family all PM's returned.

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/19/11 12:40 AM

John is an awesome guide, and so is his son. Beautiful deer, beautiful ranch. you will see them, and there is a little resort down the road, that is beautiful to stay at.

Posted By: pkpxavier

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/19/11 07:04 PM

John is a great great guy to become friends and do business with! I went out to his place last year to get a doe to help fill the freezer and had nothing short of a awesome time!

Cody let me watch with splendor all the deer at the feeder for a good 30 mins before we decided it was time to get some meat!

Truly a great place to hunt, and I felt honored to get to go out there!

on a side note...John I still owe you some photos!

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/19/11 10:53 PM

pkpxavier no worries, Cody and I hope you can find time to come out again this year and once again put some meat in the freezer. Cody has a Baseball game out at UTSA in a couple of weeks I will give you a ring if you and the family are not to busy and you can come catch a game.

Posted By: HTW

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/20/11 01:17 AM

Good price

Posted By: BowsnRods JR

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/22/11 09:58 PM

The bucks are already putting on good length and mass on there horns. This should be a great season to see some big deer! Can't wait for October to be here

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/24/11 12:04 PM

How much rain did you get the other day John? I got 1" here. Starting to green up but it probably won't last long.

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/24/11 05:34 PM

Hey Don we got 1.4 on the back end and alittle over 1 inch in the front. I am starting to see lots of Baby's Turkeys and Whitetail. I hope we can get a good shower like this much needed one every week or so. I did have to chew on a neighbor telling him we are still under a burn ban, he decided to start a brush pile on fire not to far off the fence line the day after it rained.

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/24/11 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: BowsnRods
Hey Don we got 1.4 on the back end and alittle over 1 inch in the front. I am starting to see lots of Baby's Turkeys and Whitetail. I hope we can get a good shower like this much needed one every week or so. I did have to chew on a neighbor telling him we are still under a burn ban, he decided to start a brush pile on fire not to far off the fence line the day after it rained.
Glad your seeing some turkeys. Had a lot of hens sitting, but I think it was too dry. Have not seen any little ones. Lost 1 buck so far and some of the does are getting poor. I am going to have to reduce the deer population this fall. I had a good axis buck get into a 10 acre trap where I have my nannies. Was going to make someone a good deal to take him, but I think he may have jumped back out. Saw some buzzards yesterday in the same trap and found a fawn that they were eating on. I don't know if it was an axis or whitetail. Did not have any axis in there and all of a sudden there was the large buck, a spike and a doe. Axis are hard to figure out where they will be next. Hope all is well,Donald

Posted By: caddokiller

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/25/11 03:28 AM

John and Cody are great people and you wont having a problem seeing some nice deer.

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 06/27/11 05:55 PM

Thank you Brad, We look forward to seeing you!

Posted By: ugly45

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 07/03/11 01:45 AM

Do you have anything available in late November.

May need 2 hunts for my son and grandson.

BG

Bginc47@aol.com

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 07/04/11 05:59 PM

ugly45 I sent you a PM

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 07/09/11 06:27 AM

the deer there come in in lines, sometimes like cattle, and those bucks are awesome. cadillac ranch at beer budget prices. really good people

Posted By: TX_duckdawg

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 07/09/11 06:54 AM

Good price...pm sent

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 07/11/11 07:03 PM

TX_duckdawg pm sent back. Thank you for the interest in hunting with us!

Posted By: MR5Hunter

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 07/11/11 11:01 PM

Interested, what dates available, what do u need as far as deposit?

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 07/11/11 11:04 PM

rebel55 PM sent

Posted By: forkie44

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 07/13/11 07:07 PM

any bowhunting oppurtunites?

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 07/13/11 07:24 PM

We will try and do a few bowhunts this year, My son and I are both avid bowhunters.

Re: Hunt The Texas Hill Country(Bandera County) - 07/14/11 01:30 PM

We are booked up on our Big 8pt/9pt hunts. I thank everyone from the THF that have booked with us this year. I will have several doe hunts in late December/early January.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum