Texas Hunting Forum

Guided Dove Hunts

Posted By: STXHO

Guided Dove Hunts - 04/06/11 06:57 PM

Boars and More Outfitters is now booking dove hunts for the September and late December 2011 season.
We offer day hunts (morning and evening)
Half day hunts
Full weekend hunts (includes meals, lodging, bird cleaning, clay shooting)
Custom combination hunts (full weekend hunt with the addition of a hog or preditor hunt, meals are included, bird cleaning is included, clay shooting) all weekend and custom combination hunts are done with a minimum of 5 hunters
call (979) 733-6301 or email- mensikhaiden@yahoo.com for prices

Posted By: scattergun

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/06/11 07:42 PM

Mods???????

Posted By: bentman

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/07/11 12:53 AM

wow!!!!!!!!!! what a first post. You need to read the rules, list your prices. Do you have any references from last yrs hunts?
Pics?

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/07/11 01:19 AM

sorry I was not clear on the rules

day hunts are $75
Half day is $50
Weekend is $75 a day plus $40 lodging (minimum of 3 hunters)
Custom combination hunts depend on what the hunter chooses to add to his or her dove hunt.

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/07/11 01:33 AM

Yes we have references and i could email you pictures.I do not know how to put them on the forum

Posted By: MaggieMTx

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/07/11 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: bentman
wow!!!!!!!!!! what a first post. You need to read the rules

you'd be surprised of all the newbies that never have read the rules

Posted By: bentman

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/07/11 02:47 AM

pm sent

Posted By: Boars and More Outfitters

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/07/11 04:14 AM

What rules did he break if you don't mind me asking?

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/07/11 12:25 PM

Where's the website? Is this the same outfit as you listed a couple weeks ago?

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/07/11 02:18 PM

Yes it is the same outfit. The website is www.boarsandmore.com

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/08/11 04:13 PM

We are offering combination Dove/Hog hunts for $400 per person. This includes 2 nights of lodging, 2 full days of dove hunting (morning and evening), 2 nights of hog hunting. Our feeders are equipted with motion lights for night time hunting, or you may choose a night hunt riding around the ranches. This weekend package includes all game cleaning and clay shooting. We have a very high success rate on all of our hunts. References are available
Thanks,
Haiden Mensik
Boars and More Outfitters
mensikhaiden@yahoo.com Cell- 979-733-6301

M

Posted By: kwkguide

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/08/11 04:42 PM

I have been on a 2 hog hunts and a weekend dove hunt with Boars and More Outfitters. They have a great operation and well expierenced guides. For the price they are cheap considering the amount of hogs you see and are able to harvest. Another plus is no kill fee on the animals. Last September I booked a weekend dove hunt with them, 4 hunts were included in my package I killed my limit on 3 of the hunts. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good time and a great hunt.

KWK

Winn Hunting Lodge Guide
King Ranch Laureles Division

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/13/11 04:18 PM

bump

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/13/11 05:05 PM

What's the price for the dove hunt if someone who lives within a short drive and does not need lodging or meals?

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/13/11 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: kwkguide
I have been on a 2 hog hunts and a weekend dove hunt with Boars and More Outfitters. They have a great operation and well expierenced guides. For the price they are cheap considering the amount of hogs you see and are able to harvest. Another plus is no kill fee on the animals. Last September I booked a weekend dove hunt with them, 4 hunts were included in my package I killed my limit on 3 of the hunts. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good time and a great hunt.

KWK

Winn Hunting Lodge Guide
King Ranch Laureles Division

How many birds did you actually kill on your 3 out of 4 hunts on your weekend package hunt?

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/13/11 10:08 PM

It is $75 for a full day hunt.
A half day hunt is $50. This can either be morning or evening, its the hunters choice.

Posted By: kwkguide

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/13/11 10:52 PM

15 birds each outing. Friday evening, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Went Saturday morning but weather wouldn't cooperate. Drizzling rain and birds were flying high.

KWK

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/14/11 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: kwkguide
15 birds each outing. Friday evening, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Went Saturday morning but weather wouldn't cooperate. Drizzling rain and birds were flying high.

KWK

How did you legally harvest more than your possession limit which is twice the daily bag limit hunting 3 days?

Posted By: MAP

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/14/11 10:15 PM

Quote:
How did you legally harvest more than your possession limit which is twice the daily bag limit hunting 3 days?

Maybe he had bacon wrapped dove for dinner Friday night chef

Posted By: heathe

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/15/11 02:25 AM

yep with jalapeno. (Delicious)

Posted By: longhorn_cop

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/16/11 02:23 PM

Let me guess, kyotee1 sells hunts also or just loves bustin balls

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/17/11 04:22 AM

He works for TPWD.

All the dove outfitters I have ever hunted with only allowed 2 days of hunting. Or you better eat the first days limit by the second evening to remain legal if you planned on hunting a third day in the field before going home. GW don't mess around though.

Posted By: MAP

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/17/11 06:55 AM

Its pretty silly to only allow a hunter to have a possesion limit of 2 days worth of limits. Thats one law that TPWD needs to change.

We let our hunters hunt for as many days as they want. Its their vacation and I'm not going to cut it short. Besides I've never known a group of dove hunters who didnt eat all their dove and kill a few budlights their first night in camp.

Posted By: longhorn_cop

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/17/11 08:01 PM

Good call MAP.
Everyones big boys round here.

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/18/11 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: MAP
Its pretty silly to only allow a hunter to have a possesion limit of 2 days worth of limits. Thats one law that TPWD needs to change.

We let our hunters hunt for as many days as they want. Its their vacation and I'm not going to cut it short. Besides I've never known a group of dove hunters who didnt eat all their dove and kill a few budlights their first night in camp.

It's not up to TPWD, that regulation is directly from US Fish & Wildlife Service. Eating a limit or portion of your daily bag limit the first day or second day is perfectly legal as long as you do not have more than a possession limit on you at any one time while you are away from your permanent physical address.

KWK did what was legal when he answered the question, he took the first day limit to his physical address and then returned to hunt the next 2 days where he could have his possession limit as long as he did not exceed his daily bag limit each day. The only other way anyone could have made this legal was to send the first days bag limit home with soneone and give them a WRD (Wildlife Resource Document) accompanying the doves where he could then hunt the next two days or eat the first days bag limit.

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/18/11 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: longhorn_cop
Let me guess, kyotee1 sells hunts also or just loves bustin balls

Nice language there...great mentor to anyone especially kids! Takes a big upscaled individual to use wording as such!

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 04/25/11 02:58 PM

We still have dates available in September and October. We are offering some great dove/hog package hunts! The season will be here before we know it. Anyone interested please PM me or your can email me @ mensikhaiden@yahoo.com.

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 05/03/11 12:41 PM

ttt

Posted By: heathe

Re: Guided Dove Hunts - 05/03/11 08:33 PM

I just make sure my hunters understand what the regulations are and I tell them its not my job to inforce it. That way if they break the law and get caught it is on them. I have never eating one that was good enough for a 250.00 dollar fine.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum