Texas Hunting Forum

Booking Hog Hunts Now!!

Posted By: sqiggy

Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/24/11 10:59 AM

We are starting our hog season first weekend in March. Hunts start on Fri evenings and end on noon Sun. Cost is $75 per hunter for the whole hunt. Place is in E Tx, just outside of Carthage. Over 700 acres of Sabine River bottom. 8 stands with 8 feeders. Bow or gun. No lodging but camping available at no extra cost. Here is one of the latest pic.

Posted By: notamtchance

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/24/11 11:39 AM

PM sent.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/24/11 05:23 PM

March 4-6 is booked.
We will do hunts till about July or till it just gets too hot.

Posted By: jmsdad

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/24/11 06:26 PM

PM sent

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/24/11 07:57 PM

All PM's answered.
Limit on the hunt is one hog any size per day. Also, you can shoot all the varmits you want, coons, bobcats, and yotes. There are a lot of these as well.

Posted By: 7mag

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/24/11 08:07 PM

Man those are some good size hogs in those pics!!! Best of luck booking the hunts up

Posted By: coonsaw

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/24/11 10:53 PM

yeeeee haaawwwww.

coonsaw

Posted By: preston629

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/25/11 01:40 AM

Pm sent

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/25/11 02:58 PM

Let me be clear. $75 is for the WHOLE hunt. Not per day. $75 is all you will pay. If you come in on a Fri evening and leave Sun at noon, you could kill up to 3 hogs.
On another note, we need at least 4 but no more than 6 guns to do a hunt per weekend. If you want to come and don't have the group, feel free to post up. Have several people that are only one or 2. Maybe some of yall can talk and work out a weekend and come shoot some of these hogs for me.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/25/11 03:08 PM

Me and a buddy are trying to go second weekend in march. Only two of us, anyone else wanna go?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/25/11 03:42 PM

Let me add this. You are also welcome to bring your 4 wheeler if you have one. If not, I can get you in/out on mine. Also, there is a big creek that runs thru the property and empties in the river. Fishing can get pretty good there and in March, we usually tear the sand bass up. So bring your fishing gear. Gives you something to do during the lull of the day.
We don't do any spot and stalks due to (1. The hogs bed up in the thickets that you can't hardly crawl thru, (2. Property lines are not marked or fenced in most places. Don't want anybody gettin off the place by accident. (3. From yrs past, we found that it messes up the evening hunts. The hogs will wait well after dark to come in.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/25/11 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: preston629
Me and a buddy are trying to go second weekend in march. Only two of us, anyone else wanna go?
Got ya penciled in for that weekend. The deposit is $25 per hunter and $50 per hunter upon arrival. Sent ya a PM on the other details.
March 4-6 booked
March 11-13 booked with 2 to 4 spots open if preston can't get his other buddies on board.

Posted By: GLC

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/27/11 06:16 PM

I may be interested in a hunt. PM Sent

Posted By: NLay

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/27/11 06:33 PM

pm sent

Posted By: Ihunt4Life

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/28/11 02:29 AM

Sounds like fun. Wish I had more people to go with me to set up a hunt.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 02/28/11 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Ihunt4Life
Sounds like fun. Wish I had more people to go with me to set up a hunt.
Thanks for reminding me!!! We do have another place that is about 80 acres and loaded with hogs. It only has 2 box blinds on it. Not set up for bow, but if you brought a pop up, you could bow hunt it. I might add, this place has a 100% shot rate. Not a kill rate cause some have missed, but everybody that hunted this place has shot at a hog. We can only put 1 or 2 guns here, all for the same deal. Only problem with this place is if it rains before your hunt. Then we wouldn't be able to get you in.

Posted By: 1BADMO

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/01/11 03:38 PM

Let me see who I can gather up definately interested

Posted By: robslifts

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/01/11 11:29 PM

very interested sent you a pm

Posted By: Harold_Ray

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/02/11 04:42 AM

What's a good rifle for hogs, 30-30, 30-06, Remington 700 (300 Win. Mag)? We don't have any on our place so far, so I've never hunted them.

Thanks!!

Ray

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/02/11 02:30 PM

For the set ups I have, any rifle will work. All my stands are set up for bow, so your rifle shots are going to be close. Just put one in the ear hole and it's done. If you don't like'em close, I have some other stands that are backed up a ways, from 80yds to about 125yds.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/04/11 02:43 PM

Here we go!!
First hunt will commence this afternoon and go thru the weekend. My brother will be doing this hunt and will get updates as they come in.
Next weekend, March 11-13 Booked
March 18-20 Open on the big place-Booked on the small place
March 25-27 Booked pending deposits
April 1-3 Booked pending deposits
April 8-10 Open
April 15-17 Open
April 22-25 Open
April 29-May 1 Open
Rest of May open as well.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/06/11 12:55 AM

Free bump for ya sqiggy. Also pm sent

Posted By: kuntry_kid

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/06/11 05:22 AM

Might have to book. If the wife figures out when she is having the baby shower I will know when I am hunting....LOL

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/09/11 06:39 PM

Any info on last weekend hunt yet? How many went? How many hogs and varmets taken?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/10/11 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: GLC
Any info on last weekend hunt yet? How many went? How many hogs and varmets taken?
Sorry about that. Finally got hold of my brother the other night. He conducted this hunt. Usually when a front blows in with a lot of rain, it tends to shut things down. And one blew in that Fri nite, early Sat morning. He had 3 guys, 2 bowhunters and 1 rifle hunter. One hog was shot with a bow, but they never recovered it. The other bowhunter said he had one HUGE hog come in right after dark. When he turned his bow light on him, it ran off. The rifle hunter had some come in on him but winded him and took off before he had a chance to get on one. I haven't been there in the last 3 weeks or so. My brother said after that rain, he saw hog tracks everywhere.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/10/11 01:48 AM

Did you get my deposit yet?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/11/11 01:51 AM

Yep. Been babying a sore throat. Felt like dung last nite and just didn't get on-line last nite.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/11/11 03:40 AM

See ya tomorrow sqiggy

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/11/11 04:23 AM

Sent ya a PM!!!
Yall tear'em up this weekend!!!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/13/11 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: preston629
See ya tomorrow sqiggy
Brother called me earlier today, one hog dead so far. Don't know if Preston shot it or his buddy. Said a group came in at 10:15 this morning. They are going to use it as bait and yote hunt tonite, since they were awaken from their sleep from all the howling!! Haven't heard any other updates yet.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/13/11 04:59 AM

I shot it this morning just as I had gotten out of my stand. She was torn up from fighting, lots of open wound so we tried to use her as yote bait but no takers. They were sounding off everywhere last night but only once pretty far off tonite.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/14/11 11:58 PM

Bump you up. How was last weekend?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/15/11 12:04 AM

Sqiggy,

I sent you another PM so we can make that booking solid and I can get you the deposits for us.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/15/11 02:39 AM

UPDATE
March 18-20 Booked
March 25-27 Booked
April 1-3 Booked
April 8-10 Open
April 15-17 Open
April 22-25 Open
April 29-May 1 Booked Pending Deposits

Posted By: jbm718000

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/17/11 07:25 AM

When is your next available weekend?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/19/11 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: jbm718000
When is your next available weekend?
Got those 2 weekends in April and after May 1st, every weekend in My is still open. After that, we may end it for the year.
Looking thru some pics right now. Got some good looking hogs comin in. I'll see if I can get my brother to put some up since I'm out of town for the time being;

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/23/11 05:14 PM

Less than 2 weeks, can't wait!!!!!!!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/23/11 05:59 PM

Less than 2 weeks, can't wait!!!!!!!

enjoy those coyotes howlin all night haha

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/23/11 10:48 PM

Hope so, pigs first, coyotes second. smile

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/23/11 11:27 PM

What weekend you going?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/24/11 01:58 PM

April Fools weekend

Posted By: KellyAsh

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/24/11 02:36 PM

I'm not able to hunt on the weekends. Will you do the same deal for 3 nights during the week?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/27/11 01:44 AM

Is anyboody home? I want to set up a last minute camp/hunt for tomorrow night.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/27/11 04:00 PM

He may be at the lease. May not hear from him till tomorrow.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/28/11 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: KellyAsh
Is anyboody home? I want to set up a last minute camp/hunt for tomorrow night.
I've been away from home for 10 days on a job, then had a hog hunt this weekend. Just got back home. Got your PM. Give me some time and I'll call you as soon as I can.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/28/11 07:21 PM

Cool, I didn't realize you were out of town. I'll PM you again with some questions.

Posted By: NMTEXHUNTER

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/28/11 09:28 PM

Thanks Squiggy!!!
Our group had a great time this past weekend. Those 3 hogs should smoke very well. Nice place..... Not to many places you can go out for a weekend and fish hunt hogs and see deer, turkey, coyotes, and bobcats.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/28/11 11:56 PM

Really getting excited now for next weekend.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/29/11 02:34 AM

Pm returned sqiggy

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/30/11 02:22 AM

Really getting excited now for next weekend.
Not to get you excited any more than you already are, while waiting on the last group to arrive, I saw the biggest group of hogs I have ever seen down there. Must have been 30 or more from 15 pds to 150 pds.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 03/30/11 02:27 AM

Can't wait to get down there next month. It will be my first hog...hopefully!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/05/11 04:13 PM

Can I get an updated schedule for Apr and May?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/06/11 02:39 AM

Can I get an updated schedule for Apr and May?
Right now, all of May is open from the 6th on.
Hope to be posting some recent pics soon.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/07/11 07:54 AM

Are the weekends of the 15th and 22nd of April still open? I'll book one of those weekends, if possible.

Posted By: Adraper

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/07/11 03:31 PM

I'm by myself but I'm close by and would be willing to come out just about any weekend except holidays to help round out a group if anyone needs another person to make minimum number. I hunted once with Sqiggy and his brothers last fall and took a nice pig.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/08/11 02:27 AM

Are the weekends of the 15th and 22nd of April still open? I'll book one of those weekends, if possible.
For as I know, they are open, but I can't do any hunts in April and probably the first part of May due to my job. I can give you my brother's phone # if you want and see if he can take you out. He probably will since I will be close and I can help out in the evenings after the hunt. I just won't be able to help on the mornings and afternoons.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/08/11 04:03 AM

Here are the most recent pics I have. My brother pulled my cameras up soon after. The hogs have doubled in numbers since, so we have dropped the limit to all you can shoot.

Posted By: big l

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/08/11 02:16 PM

SQUIGGY PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR OPEN DATES

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/08/11 09:23 PM

I want to come out for the weekend of April 15th, 16th, and 17th, if possible. Calling dibs anyway.

Posted By: 2Redd

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/08/11 10:18 PM

dropped the deposit at the post office this eve for the weekend of may20-22.

Posted By: Joshua Lee

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/08/11 11:26 PM

whens the next open dates?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/09/11 06:16 AM

It looks like Easter weekend, if they do one at all on that weekend. Go back and look at all the post about open dates and dates that have been spoken for. That might give you a pretty good idea until squiggy gets back online.

Posted By: Mojo72

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/10/11 06:06 PM

Im interested to know what the current schedule is also. Still minimum of 4 for the weekend?

Thanks

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/10/11 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Bwitty72
Still minimum of 4 for the weekend?

Been out of town on a turkey hunt. All PM's answered.
Since I haven't been able to help my brother do these hunts, we no longer require a min of 4. The smaller the group, the better is what my brother says.
Starting April 17, I will be working 7-12's for the next 30 days or so. So as long he will be around, we will do hunts. Here is what we have so far.
April 16 weekend is for Kellyash as long as my brother is available. I'll try to call him tonite.
April 29-May 1 is booked
May 20-22 is booked pending deposit.
All other weekends are open, as long as one of us is available.
We were planning to end these hunts the end of May, but since we haven't killed a lot of them and the numbers keep growing, we will keep on thru June and maybe July.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/11/11 07:54 AM

We're on for this weekend per my conversation with your brother today.

Posted By: Joshua Lee

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/12/11 10:30 PM

I have me and my wife were wanting in on a shared weekend so let me know when its best?

Posted By: Hard Knocks

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/12/11 11:29 PM

Id like may 13,14,15 Party of 3.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/13/11 12:37 AM

Pics look good! Can't wait to get up there in a couple of weeks!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/13/11 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: 1488
Id like may 13,14,15 Party of 3.
To insure a weekend date, I must have a deposit 2 weeks prior to hunt date, unless other arrangememts have been made. For details, send me a PM.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/13/11 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: kuntry_kid
I plan on being up there one day this weekend. Gonna put my cameras back up. Should have a real good idea what the hogs are doing by the time yall get there. Everybody has been having a hard time gettin on these pigs. May have to let one hunter just follow me around. Last time I was there, I was covered up in them everywhere I went!!!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/16/11 10:04 PM

Pm and email sent sqiggy. Gimme a call

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/18/11 04:51 PM

Can't wait to get down there next month. It will be my first hog...hopefully!

Pm sent

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/18/11 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
I plan on being up there one day this weekend. Gonna put my cameras back up. Should have a real good idea what the hogs are doing by the time yall get there. Everybody has been having a hard time gettin on these pigs. May have to let one hunter just follow me around. Last time I was there, I was covered up in them everywhere I went!!!

I went this past weekend and took about a 150-175 lb sow.

This place has more hogs than dang near anywhere I've been or seen and they're about as patterned as I've seen with the feeders they've got out there. And they've got this coyote that has the redest coat I've ever seen. At first I thought I might have been a hybrid of some sort crosed with a red fox or something. I can't wait to see that guy again. He'd make a real nice pelt. They have a separate field that's supposed to be good for varmints but I didn't sit the stand since I was after a hog but I'm sure it's a productive spot.

I was only there for a little more than 24 hrs but from about 8pm the night I got there until 4 am the next morning I ran into no less than 8 hogs and a yote; 2 sows with young and a lone boar all in different places. I didn't sit in one stand very long since I wanted to get a better idea of the layout of the place and take advantage of the full moon so I kept moving the first night trying to catch some under the moonlight in the open. No dice there though, just some tired legs and arms.

The next evening by 7pm I had run up on another group of about 8 and shot one of the sows there.

So, that's me seeing about 16 hogs within 27 hours. I know there are alot of places that have more hogs but not for anywhere near this price.

Anyway, they don't move much during the day out there and they really stick to cover, even at night, but they had been hitting one feeder twice everyday for the 2 days that I was there. I have zero doubt anyone will have multiple shots on hogs if they hunt with a bow.

The way these hogs run out here, staying in the thick cover so much, I would think that bow hunting them would really the way to go. Guns are ok but the way they stay in the woods the longer rifle shots are going to be few and far between.

It's very kid family friendly type place too if you have a kid that's not quite the full fledged hunter yet or have kids that don't hunt at all, or a wife that doesn't hunt.

The space they have for camping is a well head area so it's plenty clear cut (100yd circle) so you can literally drive up in a dang motor home if want or car camp, or however you want to do it. They've also, got the river and sandbar to shoot and fish from if you want and a couple of old indian mounds you can dig on and find really, really old arrow heads. It's just a really cool piece of property.

This "hunt" really can be easily turned into an entire family experience if you wanted it to. Not to mention the rediculously low price tag. To be decent to these folks laying there land out for us like this, I would say bring no less than 3-5 bags of corn. The hogs you'll shoot have been fed feeders are filled

Then there was "guide" level of service Steven gave me. I still can't believe they're charging so little for this but I am not complaining! LOL

One thing though. Because the land is so big (about a mile from camp to stand), you really want to bring anf ATV or 4 wheeler of some sort. I was on foot, lugging an LR308 around and probably walked about 4-5 miles over the time I was there so I made it a kind of endurance hunt of sorts, LOL.

Also, Squizzy, I never once heard a turkey out there nor did I see any.

Thanks again Squizzy. I'll be back with friends!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/20/11 03:09 AM

I tried to get out there before you left, but had so many things to do, just didn't have the time.
You are right, bow hunting is the way to go. I have shot up to 4 hogs in one hunt with my bow. You can get a second hog with a rifle, but you have to be real quick. My oldest brother is the only one I know that has killed 2 hogs in a single hunt with 2 shots. All the others that got 2 pigs, was with one shot.
Glad you had a good time and got a good pig.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/20/11 11:41 PM

I'll see you out there eventually, I'm sure. I haven't killed anything with this bow either so it'll be a cool hunt for me. I also want that red coyote I saw. I hope my eyes weren't playing tricks on me or something. He was really cool looking.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/24/11 02:09 AM

Since I'm away from home on a job, I don't get a lot of puter time. If you have any questions, it would be easier to call me. The best time to reach me is 7:00 pm to 10pm right now. 979-218-1037

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/26/11 10:21 PM

Cool. I'll holler at you when I want to come out. I have some changes going on so my time off is random and last minute. I'm also trying to get my friends to commit to a weekend but none have yet. Don't get me started on non-hunting friends that claim to be "hunters", lol.

Posted By: jbm718000

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/28/11 05:57 AM

Are you still doing hog hunts? When is the next avaliable time?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 04/29/11 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: jbm718000
Are you still doing hog hunts? When is the next avaliable time?
The next available date is May 27-29. Then all of June is open. June may be the last month we do any more hunts till next year.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/01/11 08:19 PM

In one of your post you said you were gonna put your game cams back up. did you get that done? If so any new pic's? were so lookin foreword to commin down in a couple weeks. Even if we don’t smack a hog it'll still be nice to be back in the great state of Texas. Even just for a weekend.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/04/11 02:24 AM

Yes I did and yes I've got some good daylight pics, both mornings and evenings. I'll see if I can get my brother to post some up this week.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/05/11 07:44 PM

what kinda corn do you run in your feeders cracked or hole? if I was too bring some with me would dumpin a line or two on the ground help or mess things up leavin scent?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/11/11 03:21 AM

We run whole corn. From past experiences, the more corn you dump out, the less your chances are. Go figure!!!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/15/11 06:12 PM

Well,I just walked in the door from an excellent hunt!I really wanna thank you for the great time we had.For any of you considering hunting with Lenney(Squiggy),I am convinced that its the best bang for your buck.The place is covered up in Hogs!Hell,we watched a group cross the road,before we even stepped on the property.You can only imagine our excitement.We hunted Fri eve,and Saturday and managed to put down 5 hogs,the largest weighing 199.5lbs,next biggest was 185 with 2" cutters,170,126,and the last one wasnt weighed but approx 100lbs.One of the hogs was put down by a buddy of mine,that had never hunted before.Ill post the pics soon.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/22/11 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Hard Knocks
Ill post the pics soon.
Where they at??? worthless

I am now back home and hopefully back on a regularly 40 hr work week. Took 2Redd out this weekend and he shot a nice 140 lber boar, same place Hard Knocks buddy shot the yote. And since Rodney drove all the way from Missouri, he's gonna hunt this evening on a stand that nobody has hunted all year. There is a "Big Nasty" comin in right before dark.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/23/11 12:11 AM

I'm pumped to get back out there. See ya the first weekend of June sqiggy

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/24/11 03:30 AM

got in late this afternoon been tellin the story every time somebody comes over. I still grin so hard gotta pull me ears outa my mouth. I want to thank you again couldnta ask for a better time. even had I not shot the 140# boar there woulda been NO disappointment. it's one beautiful place and you and your brother treated me great you all are some good people.
I think "big nasty" hunkered down in the brush. you said they are sensitive to weather conditions and when I got a few miles south o Marshall temp dropped so fast I thought I hit a button on the a/c while fiddelin with the radio lightnin rain and all that good stuff.I guess he coulda winded me to tho wind was right to left lookin at the feeder.
don’t know how many people I can get but I for sure want to come back next spring . sometime mid march is what I'm gonna be workin for. will send a deposit soon as I recover from this trip. I'll try not to break my 4wheeler before the trip next year.let me say it was WELL worth the money and sleeplessness
wouldn't trade the experience for a million bucks.
I'll be sendin you some stuff on deer huntin up here and we can see if we can get somethin happenin there if it interest ya.
gonna see if I can get someone to help get some of the pics on here of the pig I got.
yea my blew eye pig. hehehe
don’t forget me if somebody gets "big nasty" I'm curious on his weight.
thanks again had a wonderful memory makin time. you guys down there are great. God bless Texas!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/24/11 01:55 PM

Here is Big Nasty 2Redd was after Sun nite. He was the first one to hunt this stand this year. This stand is probably 2 miles away from the campsite, probably the reason nobody has hunted it. He may not look it in this pic, but this is one big hog and he is still out there.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/24/11 02:07 PM

Here is a group that has yet to be shot at. Look at the time stamp. This is the actual time. May be why nobody has shot into this group. Everybody is laid up back at camp. I have some other pics of this group at other stands and they will show up any given time. Just ask Preston!!! grin

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/24/11 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Here is a group that has yet to be shot at. Look at the time stamp. This is the actual time. May be why nobody has shot into this group. Everybody is laid up back at camp. I have some other pics of this group at other stands and they will show up any given time. Just ask Preston!!! grin

as much as i hate to admit it, its true. they show up whenever.

i called sqiggys brother about 945 to come get us, i climb out of the stand and walk 20 feet and ill be damned if there wasnt hogs bout 50 yards behind me. still killed one tho.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/28/11 01:19 PM

Gettin ready to wrap it up. May be the last chance for this year. Still have plenty of hogs to hunt.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/29/11 07:23 PM

Took a while, but little sister finally figured this out, we think. Here are some of the pics I promised. Hope it will get someone excited enough to go on my next hunt with me. Highly recommend this location for your hunt. Awesome people, great guides and will put you on a pig if you just listen to their direction.

Thanks Sqiggy for the chance to make great memories. Looking forward to making new memories in March and hanging out with some good people.

Saw your last post about knocking off for the year...guess that means I have to ask you to keep "Big Nasty" safe until March.

Here is the night scope pic taken about 9:30 p.m. with the XLR250

This is my friend the tree lizard who is an exceptional conversationalist. We spent over an hour in the trees harrassing each other.

This is my ex-pal bleweye the hog. More attractive in his hanging pose than his four legged rant.

Posted By: redfred

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/30/11 05:57 AM

Do you have any hunts left?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/30/11 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: redfred
Do you have any hunts left?
Have a hunt the first weekend in June and maybe one the last weekend of June. The rest is still open. We will continue doing hunts as long as we have hunters wanting to hunt, but usually by the time July gets here, it's so hot nobody wants to hog hunt. So we just usually let the feeders go empty till deer season. Can't afford to keep filling the feeders if we have no hunts.

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/30/11 11:47 PM

Here are some pics of a hunt with a few buddies of mine.I shot 2,a 200lb and a 185 er We put 5 hogs down and 1 yote,we hunted fri eve and all day Sat,its one helluva deal,and Lenney and Steven are great guys to hang with

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 05/31/11 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Redd

Here is the night scope pic taken about 9:30 p.m. with the XLR250
That is one cool picture!!!!
Like I said before, looking thru your scope with that light was very impressing!!!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 06/02/11 02:20 PM

free bump for ya sqiggy

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 06/02/11 08:55 PM

been kinda busy my old guy friends cancer is back. Dr used bigger words but that's what it amounts too. wanted to let ya know I talked to elusive wildlife about the funny acting switch . gonna make it rite they seem to really mean it when they said satisfaction guarantee. part that really impressed me was when I put the rangefinder on the blind the next day and it read 307 yards.
got some stuff on deer huntin up here for ya will get it sent pretty soon I hope.
on a funny note ... the old guy woulda kicked my butt if he coulda got up. he say's I gotta send you his deposit back .said from the way I bragged on ya'all you deserve that and more if we could afford it. sooooo I'll be sending that when I send the hunting stuff. told him about commin back in march. if he makes it that long I'll bring him if he don’t make it he'll at least have somethin too think about besides the medical stuff.
the pic of the scope light was pretty cool. looked like somethin outa a monster movie. lol.

Posted By: big l

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 06/03/11 05:14 PM

pm sent

Posted By: Art Wallace

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 06/08/11 12:37 PM

Squiggy, can you pm me some info on hunting hogs at your place? Id love to see about hunting at your place this coming weekend if you have it open. Thanks.

Art

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 06/10/11 12:48 AM

Here are some recent pics. Probably be the last ones for the year. Filled the feeders and with the price of corn like it is, probably be the last time I fill them for the year. Got some hunts this month, and a couple more in July, but after that, I dunno. Startin to get hot. Come Aug, we might just have to wait till next Feb and we'll start it all over again. For those coming, enjoy the pics. These are some of the ones you are looking for!!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 06/10/11 12:50 AM

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 06/10/11 12:51 AM

Posted By: TX4Ever

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 07/04/11 01:40 AM

Man we all had a blast! Thanks allot Squiggy! We will be back next year!!

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 07/04/11 07:51 PM

Hey Brian, tell your buddy that in the 2nd pic above is the hog he shot. You can't see them in that pic, but the 2 piglets are there too. I have a lot of pics of that group, 1 black, 1 red, and 2 black pigs. They cover some ground. The pic above is at the ball park, the stand up by the main gate.

Posted By: NLay

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 08/02/11 04:16 AM

what do you have available in the next two months?

Re: Booking Hog Hunts Now!! - 08/02/11 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: NLay
what do you have available in the next two months?
I have nothing. I did my last hog hunt for the year this past weekend. You can call my brother. He might do a hunt for you. Just call Steven at 903-690-1333. All hog hunts will be over just before bow season for deer opens.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum