Texas Hunting Forum

An Observation (EZ Feeders)

Posted By: Dude Lebowski

An Observation (EZ Feeders) - 01/11/24 11:57 PM

We had several members on our lease have raccoon issues with their All Seasons EZ feeders. I had one myself and devised a plan to defeat them. I was successful in defeating them by using 3/4” gopher wire, fence clips and self-drilling screws. The corn distribution is not hampered by the wire but the raccoons cannot reach the spinner plate.

Attached picture IMG_3097.jpeg
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: An Observation (EZ Feeders) - 01/12/24 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dude Lebowski
We had several members on our lease have raccoon issues with their All Seasons EZ feeders. I had one myself and devised a plan to defeat them. I was successful in defeating them by using 3/4” gopher wire, fence clips and self-drilling screws. The corn distribution is not hampered by the wire but the raccoons cannot reach the spinner plate.

Looks like a nice, clean solution.
Posted By: axisbuck

Re: An Observation (EZ Feeders) - 01/12/24 01:51 AM

Great idea. Definitely will take care of the raccoon issue. i would think it would restrict a bit of corn slinging not a big problem. some guys on here extended the flat metal plate 6-8 inches outward so coons cant reach the spinner and doesnt affect the throw at all.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: An Observation (EZ Feeders) - 01/12/24 05:56 PM

Does this feeder have one of the spring-loaded spinner plates?
Posted By: freerange

Re: An Observation (EZ Feeders) - 01/12/24 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by axisbuck
Great idea. Definitely will take care of the raccoon issue. i would think it would restrict a bit of corn slinging not a big problem. some guys on here extended the flat metal plate 6-8 inches outward so coons cant reach the spinner and doesnt affect the throw at all.

^^^^100% agree with all parts of this.
Posted By: tjosey

Re: An Observation (EZ Feeders) - 01/16/24 06:39 PM

Good idea !
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum