Texas Hunting Forum

Tripod stands

Posted By: MI Hunter

Tripod stands - 09/09/21 12:03 AM

Looking for a 10-12’ tripod stand. All I can find (Summit or Mullineium?) are out of stock. Any recommendations?
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Tripod stands - 09/09/21 12:12 AM

Pretty much all stands are out of stock right now. Metal is hard to come by
Posted By: freerange

Re: Tripod stands - 09/09/21 12:28 AM

Try South Texas Tripods and Feeders. Ive bought a lot of their tripods through the years but its been a long time since ive needed one but I still see him at the hunting shows.
Posted By: 12thman

Re: Tripod stands - 09/21/21 05:27 PM

Academy has a nice 12-16 foot tripod
Posted By: JDP Ranch

Re: Tripod stands - 09/21/21 07:08 PM

I got the Game Winners quad pod stand from Academy several years ago. They are normally $300 but sometimes go on sale for $225. They are usually in stock. I see it in stock in DFW and just checked Austin - it's in stock at most Academy's there.
Took around 6 hours to build myself. Definitely need more than 1 person to build. I was able to get it lifted with a tractor but it nearly fell on me at one point.

I had low expectations based on the price, but have been pleasantly surprised how well it's held up over the past few years. Rock-solid even with 2 200lb guys on it. Great to hunt solo - very spacious.

Enjoyed using it so much that I've debated on getting another. Not really a fan of Game Winner products, but this one exceeded my expectations.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Tripod stands - 09/22/21 04:46 PM

Quadpod is definitely the way to go if you can find one. Much easier to get in and out of and a lot more stable that a tripod.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Tripod stands - 09/22/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Quadpod is definitely the way to go if you can find one. Much easier to get in and out of and a lot more stable that a tripod.

I used one from Ramball for 6 years. He makes a great product. Loved it, and I loved being in the open.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum