Texas Hunting Forum

Timed Protein Feeder

Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Timed Protein Feeder - 04/15/21 01:13 PM

Who uses one and could answer a few questions? I'm considering starting protein again. In the past, I lost so much to coons that I'm considering a timed feeder.
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 04/15/21 01:25 PM

I use the Krivoman feeders with hammer timers. Have had them 5 years & they work great. I have them open at 6 AM & close at 6 pm. My protein loss to coons disappeared.

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 04/15/21 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by DUKFVR
I use the Krivoman feeders with hammer timers. Have had them 5 years & they work great. I have them open at 6 AM & close at 6 pm. My protein loss to coons disappeared.

That's what I was hoping to hear. I was considering All Seasons, I believe it operates differently. I've just started looking into these. Thanks.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 04/15/21 01:29 PM

You will still have a coon problem just not to the same degree. Lamco, Ranch King, Outback, and All Seasons all make them. All do the same but look a bit different with prices to match.

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 04/15/21 01:35 PM

With the All Seasons, looks it could be set to dispense once, at say 0630, 12 lbs and you'd be good for about 6 weeks. I am leaning in this direction.
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 04/15/21 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
With the All Seasons, looks it could be set to dispense once, at say 0630, 12 lbs and you'd be good for about 6 weeks. I am leaning in this direction.

A buddy of mine uses the all season & has been happy with them.

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 04/16/21 10:34 AM

Anybody use something besides All Seasons?
Posted By: b weezy

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 05/09/21 10:53 PM

I have a 1000 pound ranch king and am very happy with it.
Posted By: Dove Murderer

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 05/10/21 01:46 AM

I’ve got 2 Lamco’s, been flawless for the 1.5 years I’ve used them. In fact, just picked up 3 Lamco stand & fill 600 lb corn feeders to replace 3 turds I bought a while back. Design and functionality can’t be beat.

Only thing to remember is the footprint is absolutely huge….way bigger than I imagined. No big deal until it’s time to trailer them.

The folks at Lamco are great to deal with too.
Posted By: wtjim

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 05/10/21 02:58 AM

Ranch king
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 05/10/21 05:55 PM

We are running three of the Ranch King Mighty Buck 1K protein feeders. Been solid and reliable.
Posted By: bigbroke12

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 07/01/21 09:08 PM

If anyone is interested, I have a 900 lb. Crossfire timed protein feeder I would sell. They make these in Cross Plains.

Filled it once, and couldn't bring myself to do it again!

Brand new ,was around $950, bought last year. Would sell for $700
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 07/01/21 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by bigbroke12
If anyone is interested, I have a 900 lb. Crossfire timed protein feeder I would sell. They make these in Cross Plains.

Filled it once, and couldn't bring myself to do it again!

Brand new ,was around $950, bought last year. Would sell for $700

Crossfire website says Uvalde. Do you have any pictures, I assume it's in Mills county, and any chance you'd meet me in Brady with it?

If I have the right "Crossfire", I assume it's the one on their website that dumps into a trough, looks like the trough is about 2&1/2' off the ground?
Posted By: bigbroke12

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 07/02/21 01:25 PM

Could be wrong that they make em in Cross Plains. I bought it from J and L Sales in Brownwood. They make some of their blinds and feeders in Cross Plains, but maybe not this brand??

I looked at the website and this one does look just like it, so your measurements are good. And I believe it is 1000 lbs, not 900 as I said initially.

Yes, in Mills County...about 15 miles north of Richland Springs. I could meet you, but I'll have to wait til I get some help to load the feeder. I can get you some pictures next week.
Posted By: EVCO

Re: Timed Protein Feeder - 07/07/21 12:36 PM

Ranch King for me. Have been great so far for 2 1/2 years. I use their corn feeders too.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum